Does anyone else think?

Knowing Andy Reid’s track record as the head coach in KC; the Chiefs will simply start a long winning streak at this point and rattle off 9 or 10 straight even with the defense in disrepair. 
We have seen this movie before and it often seems to include this plot line. 
If this is a replay of 2018 we know how it ends if the defense doesn’t tighten up things. 
Thoughts? 

You do what you have to to win despite your flaws. This will always be an offensive focused team. Only so much money and draft picks to go around, we can't have it all every year.  This off-season will focus on defense, but we are what we are and with more time the defense will get better. Always takes defense more time to click vs the offensive because they have to react while the O can dictate plays. 

Whatever it takes to win, bitching gets us nowhere.

I like the way you're thinking. I picked the Chiefs to lose tomorrow. I'm not really sure what will happen, but either way I've thought the same thing. They will get it together on defense enough to start stinging together a bunch of wins like they have before. 

Honestly, I'm older now, and am just trying to not get too overexcited; and just enjoy this team, with Mahomes at QB.  

1 hour ago, qnet said:

I like the way you're thinking. I picked the Chiefs to lose tomorrow. I'm not really sure what will happen, but either way I've thought the same thing. They will get it together on defense enough to start stinging together a bunch of wins like they have before. 

Honestly, I'm older now, and am just trying to not get too overexcited; and just enjoy this team, with Mahomes at QB.  

It’s not a totally out of order outcome guys. Even with AS11 we saw crazy turnarounds in the regular season. These kind of defeats are usually followed by a torrent of ass thrashing’s and wins. Get ready cause here we go again. 

• 1 month later...

4 hours ago, WichitaZRide said:

Funny thing.  We were 6-4 after 10 games the year we won the super bowl with a ton of questions similar to what we have now.  People forget things quickly around here...

Difference that year is that Mahomes was out/injured a few games.  This season, he hasn't looked as efficient and the team has lost at least two games on drops and critical turnovers.  Same record, but different feeling/perspective.  

On 9/26/2021 at 3:20 PM, robgar said:

its such a loaded question, when its obvious many here do not think.. but to question your question, do you think?

Wow. I was psychologically overwhelmed by this question and still am. Uh. Do I think? Yes, I’m often in the habit of being forced to employ base facilities that include reason and thought simply to survive. Hope this answers this in a transparent and not cryptic fashion. Go Chiefs. 

7 hours ago, jetlord said:

Difference that year is that Mahomes was out/injured a few games.  This season, he hasn't looked as efficient and the team has lost at least two games on drops and critical turnovers.  Same record, but different feeling/perspective.  

Yeah I agree. The Chiefs got back to the big game and barely faced adversity and I think they succumbed to a bit of arrogance and hubris to start the season. Super bowl teams must get kicked around and then rise to the occasion to be battle tested enough to win it all. They had no identity on either side of the ball and stubbornly wouldn’t adjust until they looked out of it and had to actually do something about it. Backs against the wall.