Chargers@Chiefs GDT

4 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

It was easy to blame CEH last week even though there was no guarantee the field goal would be made. Fact is if Mahomes does not throw that pick the Chiefs may have gone up two scores. May have yes?  These plays are not the Mahomes we know. Maybe he needs to drop the 20-0 talk and stop thinking he is IT.

That's an odd thing to say.

2 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

I thought the defense showed some promise. Lots of injuries did not help. 4 turnovers did not help.

The offense was the issue today.

yes sir. We do have a good coaching staff and some strong leadership on the team, so I'm optimistic that they will figure it our and play better down the road. Mahomes has to make better decisions, period. 

Because we have Mahomes the Chiefs are always going to be competitive. But the team's flaws are starting to eat away at whatever advantage that used to be for them. Can't get pressure without blitzing. Can't cover running backs. Niang looked worse than if they had put a tackling dummy in his spot. Add on top of that the turnovers and penalties. Too much to overcome. I agree that Chiefs most likely no better than a wild card team. Maybe not even that.

Just now, dhitter said:

Because we have Mahomes the Chiefs are always going to be competitive. But the team's flaws are starting to eat away at whatever advantage that used to be for them. Can't get pressure without blitzing. Can't cover running backs. Niang looked worse than if they put a tackling dummy in his spot. Add on top of that the turnovers and penalties. Too much to overcome. I agree that Chiefs most likely no better than a wild card team. Maybe not even that.

Bosa dominates most.

anyway man i am done with this thread.. you can meet me where i'm at.. in what i lovingly call my thread.. thank you all for getting me through the game.. 

we kicking it off with some skynrnd.. grab a bottle, or two, and come along for the ride. 

Just now, dhitter said:

Bosa is very good. Against Niang he was all world. A good DE will get his shots. Bosa was in the backfield almost every snap he was in.

Your point? KC knew he would be a challenge. The four turnovers were the issue. Plenty of moving the ball down the field. I saw several KC TE who did not chip correct when out there to help NIANG. 

3 minutes ago, artsy said:

Well, it's better to lose now than later on in the season or the playoffs, right??

Thats the issue. The assumption of play offs. I am just as bad. Its like get these games over and start the playoffs. Well the Chief Players are acting like its a given too. I predicted 11-6.  I figured KC would start losing some of these close games. 

Your point? KC knew he would be a challenge. The four turnovers were the issue. Plenty of moving the ball down the field. I saw several KC TE who did not chip correct when out there to help NIANG. 

My point is this will be one of the many ongoing issues the Chiefs have this year.

Just now, AFCWEST said:

Thats the issue. The assumption of play offs. I am just as bad. Its like get these games over and start the playoffs. Well the Chief Players are acting like its a given too.

Yes they are, but they're getting a big dose of reality now. If they are real contenders like we all think they are, then they'll get it together right? If they keep getting beat, then they dont deserve to be in the playoffs. 

Im basing it on trying to make plays that are extraordinary when you dont need it. The game situations say take whats there. 

I do agree with that. I just get tired of people (mostly non-chiefs fans and analysts) acting like no other player in the NFL has over confidence.

I have heard of several instances  of Tom Brady being a Jerk and cocky as well as other top QB's. I've been watching football a while and it seems if you win, you get a pass, but if you lose all the haters come out.

I don't totally disagree with your point, just upset the Chiefs lost, and all the crap I have to hear and read i sports media tomorrow.

I thought they had a good chance of losing, the way they're played, but still disappointed. 

Just now, qnet said:

I do agree with that. I just get tired of people (mostly non-chiefs fans and analysts) acting like no other player in the NFL has over confidence.

I have heard of several instances  of Tom Brady being a Jerk and cocky as well as other top QB's. I've been watching football a while and it seems if you win, you get a pass, but if you lose all the haters come out.

I don't totally disagree with your point, just upset the Chiefs lost, and all the crap I have to hear and read i sports media tomorrow.

I thought they had a good chance of losing, the way they're played, but still disappointed. 

I dont read that or listen to that crap. Those twits dont know much more than I do and at least I Know I Know Nothing.

2 minutes ago, qnet said:

I thought the Chiefs had a chance to lose because of our defense being so bad starting out. And although the defense wasn't dominant they did look a little better. No one saw the four turnovers coming from the offense.

3 minutes ago, dhitter said:

I thought the Chiefs had a chance to lose because of our defense being so bad starting out. And although the defense wasn't dominant they did look a little better. No one saw the four turnovers coming from the offense.

Yeah, the turnovers sure did them in. Looking at the stats that Chiefs dominated, and led in every category except T/O's.

Just now, Biggjliv4 said:

I think there may be a sense of entitlement since they've almost been to 3 straight SB. Long season and Brady had some years they had to grind through stuff like this. If anyone can do it, Pat can. 

Makes one appreciate what Brady and BB were able to accomplish all these years.

TB last year was like 8-5 at one point. So yes KC can do it but Mahomes cant do it all by himself and he can not make dumb throws as he has the past two weeks. Tampa had a defense and Mahomes does not.