Chargers@Chiefs GDT

2 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Is it coaching or Veach?

Might be a combination. Guys definitely look like they are not on the same page and there have been blown assignments. By the same token Clark is way underperforming his contract. Reed has pretty much been a no show for 3 weeks. Speaks was a bad pick. There is very good with Veach and very bad. We just need the defense to be average. Alas they can't even be that apparently.

6 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Might be a combination. Guys definitely look like they are not on the same page and there have been blown assignments. By the same token Clark is way underperforming his contract. Reed has pretty much been a no show for 3 weeks. Speaks was a bad pick. There is very good with Veach and very bad. We just need the defense to be average. Alas they can't even be that apparently.

I have said it many times. The Chiefs roster is a 500 team without Mahomes. The guy has to play almost perfect and the offense not turn it over to win. The oline struggled today. Yes some are rookies and they should, may, get better. The corners, other team retreads in the secondary , are what they are. Thats why they were available. The drafts have been average at best. Free agent signings mostly poor. HB was the only one I think has been good.

Patrick Mahomes completed 27-of-44 passes for 260 yards, three touchdowns and two interceptions in the Chiefs' 30-24, Week 3 loss to the Chargers, adding four carries for 45 additional yards. 

It was a genuinely shaky outing after Mahomes tossed a bad fourth quarter pick in Week 2. Mahomes' first INT this afternoon was not his fault, as it glanced off Marcus Kemp's wide-open hands. The second was a different story, as Mahomes was flushed from the pocket on 3rd-and-8 with 1:55 remaining and back-footed an awful attempt to Travis Kelce down the field. The Chargers then drove for what proved to be the game-winning touchdown. That throw, of course, was just one of many miscues on an afternoon where the Chiefs also lost two fumbles. To say Mahomes was the issue would not even be close to accurate. The Chiefs are not doing much of anything well right now but have a get-right Week 4 matchup in the Eagles even if Philly's front is likely to create blocking issues for Mahomes.

2 minutes ago, ChiefThunder said:

Coaching IMO. Spags is not putting out the best 11 players on the field.

Maybe but those guys did not turn it over 4 times. I dont think he has 11 good players. Yes all NFL players have talent. Its just KC over all talent level is well below the competition. The depth is clearly not good enough either. If the Superstars dont come up big then we see the result.

17 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Is it coaching or Veach?

Veach and coaching got us to 2 SB with a ring after 50 years. Is there someone else you'd rather have? How many teams win multiple SB within a few years besides NE? in the last 20 years? We got flaws we have to live with...some fundamentals and some inadequate talent.  We have what we have this year. Should be able to clear Clark and Hitchens this year and hopefully get better.

3 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

Why do our DB’s have to always commit PI  on WR’s, do they know of no other way to defend

Because that is what they are. KC has  not invested draft or dollars to the secondary. Yes Thornhill is an exception. CEH looked really good today. Still that pick is an example of the brain trust approach. Its all about the offense and Mahomes.

7 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Veach and coaching got us to 2 SB with a ring after 50 years. Is there someone else you'd rather have? How many teams win multiple SB within a few years besides NE? in the last 20 years? We got flaws we have to live with...some fundamentals and some inadequate talent.  We have what we have this year. Should be able to clear Clark and Hitchens this year and hopefully get better.

See my avatar for clarification. What I see on the field is not getting the job done. Also we are not discussing the SB Winning Team. We are discussing this years team.

That Said: The superbowl Team was mostly put together by Dorsey. I know , Veach found Mahomes playing on a island in the pacific, so he gets all the credit for that.

Still its about this team.

4 minutes ago, ChiefThunder said:

Spags just needs to start Thornhill and Baker at this point. Baker was a 1st rounder for a reason. Ward clearly hasn't improved at all. I wouldn't mind trading for Collins, who is more of an edge guy than CJ. Through 3 weeks, it's obvious we're missing that middle pressure from Jones.

Seems simple. Just do that.

34 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

So who is responsible for the players? Is it just them individually not playing up to their talent? Or? 

I think it’s a little of both. We had cap. Should have signed Ingram.

the scheme might be too much for the defense right now.

but picks and fumbles and busted ass coverage is on the players 

Just now, Calichief said:

I think it’s a little of both. We had cap. Should have signed Ingram.

the scheme might be too much for the defense right now.

but picks and fumbles and busted ass coverage is on the players 

So what I think your saying is these players are good enough except for the busted coverage, fumbles and picks. So fix that and the players are good enough? 

Just now, Calichief said:

We all know the obvious things, Dan is not dirty anymore. And needs to sit. Same for Ben.

For me there are not better players available. When Gay gets back  that will help. The Thornhill thing is confusing. He did not show for mini camp. That said. The Chargers did not play their key starters in pre season and those guys looked sharp. Pre season is now a joke. All that practice and 11-12 times a team scored 7 in the red zone. STOP WHATEVER YOU ARE PRACTICING