Chargers@Chiefs GDT

1 hour ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

It’s too much to ask this defense to hold twice in one game

They did to start this game and the O started with 3 straight tos.  This team should have been up 14-21 points and forcing the LA O to pass every down.   Our D got another stop at a huge moment negated by a brutal pathetic 4th down penalty.   They played better today.   Offense is not playing well or close to their potential!

52 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Because that is what they are. KC has  not invested draft or dollars to the secondary. Yes Thornhill is an exception. CEH looked really good today. Still that pick is an example of the brain trust approach. Its all about the offense and Mahomes.

Matthieu is the highest paid safety in the league.

Thornhill, Fenton, Sneed, and Watts were drafted.

Baker and Hughes, while other teams castoffs, were 1st round picks.

1 hour ago, AFCWEST said:

I know MAHOMES can do no wrong. Well he threw 2 bad INTs in 4th quarter of both of these games on throws that did not need to be made. What happen to Mahomes throws guys open? Both games could have been wins if he did not force those throws. Herbert was the clutch QB today. So I guess the board mantra will be NO WATKINS and the other guys suck. Good grief.

3rd and 8 on our own 35ish.    Yeah what was he suppose to do there?  In essence it was a short punt.   It wasn’t great but our receivers have to be schemed open outside of Hill and Kelce.   They aren’t getting open.   Mahomes could have played better for sure but Hill and CEH can’t fumble there.   Pringle has to haul that in at the end.   Play calling was weak in spurts too.

4 minutes ago, SEMO said:

Matthieu is the highest paid safety in the league.

Thornhill, Fenton, Sneed, and Watts were drafted.

Baker and Hughes, while other teams castoffs, were 1st round picks.

Thats not enough good players and Fenton & Watts are not special. Baker & Hughes are not proven. They were on the cheap pick ups. Both had some issues today.

1 hour ago, AFCWEST said:

It was easy to blame CEH last week even though there was no guarantee the field goal would be made. Fact is if Mahomes does not throw that pick the Chiefs may have gone up two scores. May have yes?  These plays are not the Mahomes we know. Maybe he needs to drop the 20-0 talk and stop thinking he is IT.

Bro.  First int hit wrs in the hands?   Kemp.   Not a great throw but gotta make that catch.   2nd wasn’t great but it was 3rd and 8.   Neither hurt as bad as Hills and CEHs fumbles.   

Just now, Lamardirts said:

3rd and 8 on our own 35ish.    Yeah what was he suppose to do there?  In essence it was a short punt.   It wasn’t great but our receivers have to be schemed open outside of Hill and Kelce.   They aren’t getting open.   Mahomes could have played better for sure but Hill and CEH can’t fumble there.   Pringle has to haul that in at the end.   Play calling was weak in spurts too.

They may have gone 4 downs. A punt would have been better. The pass was totally a joke. 

My question, they called PI on us when it was 4th and 9. The play right after they were going to kick a fg, but then decided to go for it and had a false start. Did anyone ever see the replay of it? I really wanted to see what and who it was etc. Thst play right there led them to go ahead and keep the ball for the final score.

40 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

Ball was under thrown really didn't give a legit chance for them to throw the flag 

Meh ...when you are face guarding and pulling on the guys arms you are interfering with his ability to make a play on the ball. No where does the rules say " the ball has to be within x number of inches of your body to qualify." 

I'm not blaming the loss on the refs. Hail Marys always have interference by either team. But the Chargers most definitely interfered.

44 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Meh ...when you are face guarding and pulling on the guys arms you are interfering with his ability to make a play on the ball. No where does the rules say " the ball has to be within x number of inches of your body to qualify." 

I'm not blaming the loss on the refs. Hail Marys always have interference by either team. But the Chargers most definitely interfered.

Traditionally, yes but since it was a Hail Mary they usually don't call them.

3 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

They may have gone 4 downs. A punt would have been better. The pass was totally a joke. 

Was at the game. From our angle there was a window.   There was a 10 yard pocket for Kelce.  Not sure if the wind caught it or he sailed it but it was overthrown a bit but there was a window there.   

1 minute ago, Lamardirts said:

Was at the game. From our angle there was a window.   There was a 10 yard pocket for Kelce.  Not sure if the wind caught it or he sailed it but it was overthrown a bit but there was a window there.   

So that off the back foot, wobbly air ball was ok for you? 

3 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

So that off the back foot, wobbly air ball was ok for you? 

He’s been struggling to throw spirals on those deep heaves I’ve noticed lately. Not a pretty ball lately.

even that throw to Robinson last week fluttered in there 

1 minute ago, Calichief said:

He’s been struggling to throw spirals on those deep heaves I’ve noticed lately. Not a pretty ball lately.

I think KC would do better with forgetting the RPO and running a less complicated offense. Mahomes is thinking too much vs just playing ball. Andy just has to be that infamous mastermind. You dont need that with Mahomes. KC won a lot of close games last year. A lot. This year its going the other way.. These games should not be this close.

6 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Once he gets his footwork set you'll see tight spirals. Need to get back to the fundamentals. Not a bad thing either, plenty of season to clean this up. 

30 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Kelce stopped running for just a second and it made all the difference. I still think the throw was ill advised.

I don't know if it's just me being excited when I watch the Chiefs, but their games always seem like a track meet.

I'm watching the 49ners and Packers, and it just looks like a solid, old fashioned NFL game, with two teams playing hard and scheming.