1 hour ago, dhitter said:

Defense played a little better today. Still hot garbage in the red zone. No easy fixes. No magic pill. Gonna just hope they get better enough as the season goes that it makes them seem less like a steaming pile of dookie and more like a 2 time defending conference champion.

Maybe a couple changes in personnel could help. 
starting Thornhill

Watts as safety #3

Gay back as there will

Bolton takes over for Hitchens

Harris at SLB 

trade for a DE so jones can go back inside

get more athletic and faster with this. 

14 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

I think this approach is a mistake. He does not get the clean pockets that Brady gets. Why change his style?

Because teams now know that he fades and scrambles specifically to the right side. The DE's are taking very wide splits and killing his scrambles outside.

He has to trust his interior linemen...specifically Thuney's side. He started doing it in the second half quite a bit, but the moment he scrambled right he threw the pick. He does appear to be doing better stepping up each game. He just has to stay consistent with it....I hope he will.

1 minute ago, artsy said:

Because teams now know that he fades and scrambles specifically to the right side. The DE's are taking very wide splits and killing his scrambles outside.

He has to trust his interior linemen...specifically Thuney's side. He started doing it in the second half quite a bit, but the moment he scrambled right he threw the pick. He does appear to be doing better stepping up each game. He just has to stay consistent with it....I hope he will.

Yup, he'll figure it out once he starts trusting the line. As he gets older he'll have to adapt. He won't be able to get to the edge.

I disagree. More running and play action off running. Mahomes looks more like Smith this year than a play maker. The oline has not provided him with a consistent pocket to move up in. Maybe they will eventually. 

4 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

Yup, he'll figure it out once he starts trusting the line. As he gets older he'll have to adapt. He won't be able to get to the edge.

Andy has proven he will not run the ball enough.  The reason some thought Mahomes would not be a good pick is he is not a pocket passer. Maybe he will not be. What I see is a very predictable offense that has success because of the big three and now the vertical game is gone. Its the west coast offense with stupid RPOs.

4 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

Hill is too tiny to overcome double teams on the outside. Why not run him in the slot more often? He's uncoverable there. 

Teams are doubling hill no matter where he lines up....Reid and Mahomes have to go elsewhere with the damn ball, and Mecole, Pringle and CEH need to step up their game. 

If teams are doubling both Hill and Kelce, then everyone else is single covered. They have to get open!

1 hour ago, AFCWEST said:

Its more than just those two guys. I dont see Veach bringing in good players on D. He brings in potential and one year retreads like REED. If you are correct then KC needs a different DC because its Spags fault?

I’m saying we are all human.  Spags might be tired of training up and developing young players and prefer less talented but guys who know his system.   Our roster isn’t being churned because between Andy, Spags and Toub they don’t want “their” guys getting churned off because some of them suck.   

There is a truth to the NFL is a business.   When an organization starts making decisions based on emotion or relations then windows close in a hurry.   I go back and forth on this with HB.  He’s a great player and the heart of this team on D…..but our D sucks with him or without.   Not sure we should invest long term in anyone currently on this D.   

37 minutes ago, artsy said:

Teams are doubling hill no matter where he lines up....Reid and Mahomes have to go elsewhere with the damn ball, and Mecole, Pringle and CEH need to step up their game. 

If teams are doubling both Hill and Kelce, then everyone else is single covered. They have to get open!

10 different pass catchers today. 
defense is the issue 

30 points 3 straight games. 

2 minutes ago, Calichief said:

10 different pass catchers today. 
defense is the issue 

30 points 3 straight games. 

Yup, I agree. I think they (Pat) are spreading it around pretty good. However, I have noticed during this very young season that when pat gets in trouble he locks in on Kelce or Hill, and of course for good reason. But defenses are not giving up on plays when pat starts to improvise especially on those two. I think Pat is a very smart kid and I think he's figuring that out.

Yup, I agree. I think they (Pat) are spreading it around pretty good. However, I have noticed during this very young season that when pat gets in trouble he locks in on Kelce or Hill, and of course for good reason. But defenses are not giving up on plays when pat starts to improvise especially on those two. I think Pat is a very smart kid and I think he's figuring that out.

Yea. He’s gonna have to go to others in crunch time.

and the run game has to stay consistent or that 2 deep shell isn’t going away. 

5 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Yea. He’s gonna have to go to others in crunch time.

and the run game has to stay consistent or that 2 deep shell isn’t going away. 

Yup, I agree. And I think they will get better running the rock and the oline will get better too. Like I said, I'm not worried about the offense getting it together. They will, they're really good.

The defense??? Well..

2 hours ago, Palangi said:

Maybe a couple changes in personnel could help. 
starting Thornhill

Watts as safety #3

Gay back as there will

Bolton takes over for Hitchens

Harris at SLB 

trade for a DE so jones can go back inside

get more athletic and faster with this. 

I would add benching Nnadi too. If you go back and watch the game, they ran right at him the whole game...Just like Baltimore, Cleveland and Philly will. He gets pushed back into the LBs every single time. Reed wasn't much better, but he didn't lose as much as Nnadi.

3 minutes ago, artsy said:

I would add benching Nnadi too. If you go back and watch the game, they ran right at him the whole game...Just like Baltimore, Cleveland and Philly will. He gets pushed back into the LBs every single time. Reed wasn't much better, but he didn't lose as much as Nnadi.

Reed has not performed at all. 

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

That’s how it’s done. A rodgers took exactly what was there right now. Perfect execution 

I agree that was impressive. Some people compare Mahomes to Rodgers. I think the difference is age and experience. Other than the sheer better athleticism, I think the difference now with Mahomes and the older QB's like Rodgers and Brady is they've seen more. 

24 minutes ago, qnet said:

I agree that was impressive. Some people compare Mahomes to Rodgers. I think the difference is age and experience. Other than the sheer better athleticism, I think the difference now with Mahomes and the older QB's like Rodgers and Brady is they've seen more. 

100%. Mahomes not even close to his prime. That’s what’s crazy.