6 hours ago, Palangi said:

Maybe a couple changes in personnel could help. 
starting Thornhill

Watts as safety #3

Gay back as there will

Bolton takes over for Hitchens

Harris at SLB 

trade for a DE so jones can go back inside

get more athletic and faster with this. 

They could "try" some things sure. But this coaching staff has proven they would rather trot out stiffs like Ben  Neiman and Dan Sorensen. 

No way are they going to replace Hitchens with anybody. I believe Thornhill is in Spags' doghouse for something he said or did so he isn't going to be a starter. Don't know what quality DE is out there you think the Chiefs can get. 

You can bet Spags is going to try to fix things with the personnel he has. I really don't see him as a guy who is open to new things.

6 hours ago, Palangi said:

Alright there is the Josh Gordon signing. 

I'm still hoping they will look at Olivier Vernon on defense. Him healthy and kicking Jones back inside might improve this line.

Getting Gay on the field and Niemann off should help at LB. 

Rotating Baker in at CB more and Thornhill in at safety (at least in obvious passing situations) should help on the back end. 

There's moves that can be made at every level of the D that would seem to be helpful. 

I think the fans are starting to realize Spagnuolo is just as stubborn and loyal as Reid when it comes to personnel decisions. But Reid is a mad scientist and an innovator, and Spags is just a balding guy with shitty scheme and an annoying accent. 

Vernon is definitely worth the look. I too want Jones kicked back inside too.

i think Spags needs to quit playing whatever game he is playing with Thornhill. He needs to be the deep safety. I’d also like to see more of Watts over Sorensen. Pushing Sorensen to a special teamer needs to happen. 
Neimann needs to be cut. I don’t want him as an option to tempt Spags. With Gay coming back we can make this happen. Let’s see more of Harris and DOD. Both have shown flashes when given a chance. 

4 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I'm still hoping they will look at Olivier Vernon on defense. Him healthy and kicking Jones back inside might improve this line.

Getting Gay on the field and Niemann off should help at LB. 

Rotating Baker in at CB more and Thornhill in at safety (at least in obvious passing situations) should help on the back end. 

There's moves that can be made at every level of the D that would seem to be helpful. 

I think the fans are starting to realize Spagnuolo is just as stubborn and loyal as Reid when it comes to personnel decisions. But Reid is a mad scientist and an innovator, and Spags is just a balding guy with shitty scheme and an annoying accent. 

I would look at Vic Beasley too. Use him on passing downs. 

Defense did play better against the Chargers but it took them about three quarters to figure out how to cover the back out of the backfield. Either our team truly lacks athleticism (which is possible) or we are making a ton of mistakes in coverage. We still can't cover the slant to save our lives. Herbert didn't throw many deep balls so I don't blame the pass rush totally but he did have all day on a few plays. I know I'm tired of seeing Sorenson 2-3 yards behind every receiver he covers. He doesn't seem that slow but he just is not an instinctual player. I would say the same for Niemann. They will lay the wood when they get there but they don't get there near enough until it's too late to make a play. I wonder if Gay would serve the Chiefs better if he became a rush end. He could be scary coming around the corner. I guess if he's our best cover LB, we need him there too...let's clone the gay...I mean guy. 

I'm still not worried about our guys. We aren't playing great but we will no doubt get better. It's all about playing well the last 6 weeks of the season. TB is testament to that. I personally think we are still a little hungover from the SB. Need to get our mojo back and I think well get it back the second half of the season when the schedule lightens up a little. 

2 minutes ago, Dan4pres said:

Defense did play better against the Chargers but it took them about three quarters to figure out how to cover the back out of the backfield. Either our team truly lacks athleticism (which is possible) or we are making a ton of mistakes in coverage. We still can't cover the slant to save our lives. Herbert didn't throw many deep balls so I don't blame the pass rush totally but he did have all day on a few plays. I know I'm tired of seeing Sorenson 2-3 yards behind every receiver he covers. He doesn't seem that slow but he just is not an instinctual player. I would say the same for Niemann. They will lay the wood when they get there but they don't get there near enough until it's too late to make a play. I wonder if Gay would serve the Chiefs better if he became a rush end. He could be scary coming around the corner. I guess if he's our best cover LB, we need him there too...let's clone the gay...I mean guy. 

Im guessing he will be out this week.

4 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Maybe its not his strength at this level? 

Yeah I mean 5 catches in 5 targets.  It must be not his strength huh? Not the fact he has had 5 targets and only 15 carries in 3 games is all his fault.  4.3 ypc with 7.6 for receptions yard per attempt. Man I am so glad they are not giving this guy more chances to show what his strengths are.

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Yeah I mean 5 catches in 5 targets.  It must be not his strength huh? Not the fact he has had 5 targets and only 15 carries in 3 games is all his fault.  4.3 ypc with 7.6 for receptions yard per attempt. Man I am so glad they are not giving this guy more chances to show what his strengths are.

Kyle...have I ever told you that I love you?

Some great talk on the radio today (kc radio) unbiased regarding our defense. Simply put we’ve been playing a dangerous game with investments on defense, or lack there of. If you go young in the secondary which we have, you better have a pass rush. For 2 years, that pass rush is poop. You need Jones to be a star wherever he’s put, and no matter the double and triple teAms. And you certainly need mr. limited frank clark, to be better. Until a pass rush shows up the secondary will struggle even though they are talented. 

6 hours ago, Calichief said:

Some great talk on the radio today (kc radio) unbiased regarding our defense. Simply put we’ve been playing a dangerous game with investments on defense, or lack there of. If you go young in the secondary which we have, you better have a pass rush. For 2 years, that pass rush is poop. You need Jones to be a star wherever he’s put, and no matter the double and triple teAms. And you certainly need mr. limited frank clark, to be better. Until a pass rush shows up the secondary will struggle even though they are talented. 

Pass rush is king.  You can always stuff some run stuffers on the roster but you can’t manufacture pass rush if your front 4 can’t win 1v1 without severely weakening the back end.   With all this said, we are dealing with the effects of a bad/horrible contract in Frank Clark.   

On 9/29/2021 at 8:53 AM, Lamardirts said:

Pass rush is king.  You can always stuff some run stuffers on the roster but you can’t manufacture pass rush if your front 4 can’t win 1v1 without severely weakening the back end.   With all this said, we are dealing with the effects of a bad/horrible contract in Frank Clark.   

Biggest disappointment on the line?  Reed.  Nothing from what was supposed to be an upgrade. 

“Theres’ a chance,” said Reid when it came to Gay’s potential activation this week. “He was kind of getting there last week. We’ll see on this, see where he’s at as we go forward here. But I think he’s starting to feel a little bit better, for sure.”