stop with the no-look pass

I know Kemp should of caught that pass he is a NFL receiver and it hit his hands, but there was zero reason to no-look that throw.  There wasn't anyone within at least 7 yards of Kemp and he was in the middle of the field.  Maybe if he is actually looking at Kemp when he throws its not up and behind him and he possibly scores if he makes one guy miss, even if he just falls down he is at the 15 with a first down.  The idea that it served no purpose is why its annoying to me.

3 minutes ago, timmy_6262 said:

I know Kemp should of caught that pass he is a NFL receiver and it hit his hands, but there was zero reason to no-look that throw.  There wasn't anyone within at least 7 yards of Kemp and he was in the middle of the field.  Maybe if he is actually looking at Kemp when he throws its not up and behind him and he possibly scores if he makes one guy miss, even if he just falls down he is at the 15 with a first down.  The idea that it served no purpose is why its annoying to me.

It was also hot to handle especially thrown a little behind. That was a easy toss and catch. 

well he was touted as the 2nd coming of Brett Favre so for every several OMG that was awesome pass's you'll get one of those. If you cant handle it might as well watch someone else. It comes with the territory.

I do agree that it would be nice to have someone sit Patrick down and tell him to cool his tits but  thoroughbreds run.. thats what they do. 

Mahomes pass wasn’t his best but if you are an NFL caliber wr…….gotta make that catch.     We need wrs that can make those catches.    We need wrs that can get open without being schemed open (cough Mecile cough).   I thought Pringle was that guy but he dropped that important one on the last series that hit him in the hands.   We can’t expect Mahomes to be perfect 100% of the time…would be nice for his teammates to help or bail him out every once in a while.  

Id be calling about Brandon Cooks, Josh Gordon, John Brown today.   Churn that roater and make some of these Jags earn a spot vs some real comp instead of green udfas.    

Not grabbing another receiver in the off-season was a failure.  Hill and Kelce are being doubled, yet the other guys can’t get open.  Robinson , if he manages to not drop a pass, typically gives up yardage trying to dance.  Pringle is a solid special teams guy, but not a lot beyond that.  This team needs its version of Reggie Wayne to reach its potential. 

our offense is complicated, so I really doubt the chiefs give serious consideration to guys like Gordon.  Part of me thinks we might be better off with more jumbo packages, playing a more traditional run first play action offense to hide the deficiencies at receiver. 

11 minutes ago, moons314 said:

Not grabbing another receiver in the off-season was a failure.  Hill and Kelce are being doubled, yet the other guys can’t get open.  Robinson , if he manages to not drop a pass, typically gives up yardage trying to dance.  Pringle is a solid special teams guy, but not a lot beyond that.  This team needs its version of Reggie Wayne to reach its potential. 

our offense is complicated, so I really doubt the chiefs give serious consideration to guys like Gordon.  Part of me thinks we might be better off with more jumbo packages, playing a more traditional run first play action offense to hide the deficiencies at receiver. 

yup

50 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Mahomes pass wasn’t his best but if you are an NFL caliber wr…….gotta make that catch.     We need wrs that can make those catches.    We need wrs that can get open without being schemed open (cough Mecile cough).   I thought Pringle was that guy but he dropped that important one on the last series that hit him in the hands.   We can’t expect Mahomes to be perfect 100% of the time…would be nice for his teammates to help or bail him out every once in a while.  

Id be calling about Brandon Cooks, Josh Gordon, John Brown today.   Churn that roater and make some of these Jags earn a spot vs some real comp instead of green udfas.    

Golden Tate was on GMFB this morning and he said he is looking over offers because he is not done yet...wonder if there is any interest from the chiefs because i cannot take another week of wrong way robinson

We don't have a jump ball guy outside of Kelce and while Kelce is athletic I don't feel like he's some athletic freak like a Mike Williams....maybe i'm way off there.  Would be nice to have 

1 minute ago, KC Warpaint said:

Golden Tate was on GMFB this morning and he said he is looking over offers because he is not done yet...wonder if there is any interest from the chiefs because i cannot take another week of wrong way robinson

I think Golden Tate would be a great fit here.   We need a veteran WR who can catch tough catches and has something to prove.   

3 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

We don't have a jump ball guy outside of Kelce and while Kelce is athletic I don't feel like he's some athletic freak like a Mike Williams....maybe i'm way off there.  Would be nice to have 

I think Golden Tate would be a great fit here.   We need a veteran WR who can catch tough catches and has something to prove.   

We don’t have balance.  All of our wrs are scat back speed guys.  We need a big possession receiver that can go over the middle, take the hit, and still pick up the first down. 

Mahomes has literally paid for like 2 of his no look passes.  Why change something that works 95% of the time?  You don't see NBA players stopping the no look pass if they turn it over.  I feel like those opposed to the no-look are just grumpy old men that don't like razzle dazzle and were waiting for an interception(what should have been caught) to bring it up...

1 hour ago, WichitaZRide said:

Mahomes has literally paid for like 2 of his no look passes.  Why change something that works 95% of the time?  You don't see NBA players stopping the no look pass if they turn it over.  I feel like those opposed to the no-look are just grumpy old men that don't like razzle dazzle and were waiting for an interception(what should have been caught) to bring it up...

you certainly have shown your not very perceptive.as the oldest and grumpiest dont mind them at all 

1 hour ago, WichitaZRide said:

I'm not as old as OT, but I'm old and grumpy.  And I don't mind the no look passes.  I do think Patrick has been uncharacteristically loose with the ball.  That last interception was ugly and more concerning than the no look.  

7 hours ago, moons314 said:

I don't think we need a top WR at this point. Hill and Kelce take care of the defense. We simply need some solid 2nd tier guys that average around 700 yards a season with some consistency. If we could find a couple guys that can get the job done it would provide some redundancy in case of injuries as well.

I don't think we have the picks or the patience to draft a WR that will have an impact in 2022 but we should definitely focus on adding a couple decent options in FA.