Week 4: Chiefs at Eagles

5 minutes ago, Palangi said:

I have the same question about internal strife. 

The miscommunications and the overall apathetic vibe is off.  Maybe there is no drama, but something is off about this team as a whole.  Maybe Dan and Ben are just that horrible and our pass rush is that bad but we aren’t devoid of talent and Spags has coached up teams before.   

This D feels eerily similar to the 2018 crap show……definite Bob Sutton vibes.  

I do think there is hope for the D to be just good enough.  I think it’s going to require a trade for a DE though.   We gotta have more juice on obvious pass downs.  CJ can’t do it alone.    Gay, Ward, and Clark will help tremendously.   This is the tough part of our schedule.   As good as the O has looked in spurts they can be even better.  

Also it’s tough mentally knowing the offense has 4 downs to get 10 yards.   Don’t care what anyone says that is a lot mentally and physically to overcome time and time again.   Teams know they have to score to keep up and so they go for it more often, which I believe analytics says is the right choice.

My biggest concern is the lack of pass rush and the horrible mis communications, something that should be happening with a team that has been together this long under the same scheme.  

57 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I do think there is hope for the D to be just good enough.  I think it’s going to require a trade for a DE though.   We gotta have more juice on obvious pass downs.  CJ can’t do it alone.    Gay, Ward, and Clark will help tremendously.   This is the tough part of our schedule.   As good as the O has looked in spurts they can be even better.  

Also it’s tough mentally knowing the offense has 4 downs to get 10 yards.   Don’t care what anyone says that is a lot mentally and physically to overcome time and time again.   Teams know they have to score to keep up and so they go for it more often, which I believe analytics says is the right choice.

My biggest concern is the lack of pass rush and the horrible mis communications, something that should be happening with a team that has been together this long under the same scheme.  

Yes. There’s also no heart, determination or lack of it. We are not flying to the ball and hitting with authority. 

Chiefs D got a stop when they needed it on 4th and 9. Philli got a garbage TD. There is no real Defense in this league until coordinators can get enough film out there to see tendencies usually half way through the year...just look at SF and the Rams D today. If you're the Chiefs just don't turnover the ball, and get a stop when you need it. Let's see how they fair up against Buffalos offense. 

6 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

Chiefs D got a stop when they needed it on 4th and 9. Philli got a garbage TD. There is no real Defense in this league until coordinators can get enough film out there to see tendencies usually half way through the year...just look at SF and the Rams D today. If you're the Chiefs just don't turnover the ball, and get a stop when you need it. Let's see how they fair up against Buffalos offense. 

Good points. It will be a 48- 47 game if KC does not turn it over. Not sure who wins. I had KC 11-6 and still winning the SB.  2018 all over again with one difference. No offsides. LOL

17 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

No doubt the league has slanted the advantage to the offense. But it’s more than that with this chiefs defense. E we are slow. Don’t tackle well. Are out of position often. Play with multiple last talented players for some reason

The defense has given up 125 points. Worst in the league. The defense is terrible. There is a lot of money being paid to guys who are non factors and coaches trott out “smart” guys who are athletically and instinctively inferior. It isn’t a matter of time or tape. They should keep Snead and dump literally everyone else.

20 minutes ago, AlwaysChiefs said:

Yep.  I'll take Baker and Hughes over those two! 

When Solomon Wilcots, who during commentating a Chiefs game that season says "the Chiefs can't play cover two" and then proceeds to show how and why, I'd say yes. 

2 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

Yup. Danna has been doing well. Tim ward and Damien Wilson would be nice right about now. Picked the wrong two to get rid of. 

Ward was unproven. Its easy to think the guys with potential are the answer. We saw several of those potential guys on D today and it was ugly. They seldom are special. Wilson was not special at all.