Week 4: Chiefs at Eagles

The thing that's baffling to me is the failure in all facets. Its not just personnel. It's scheme, it's coaching, it heart and determination, it's playcalling, ts lack of turnovers, it's coaches favoritism with inferior players. 

This defense is failing on all levels of playing and coaching. This is year 3 of Spags system. This breakdown does not make sense. This team was in the top half of the league in scoring defense last year. What the fuck happened?

Masterful work by bill on Brady tonight. If New England could help on offense, they have a chance. But that defense is gonna get tired.

I sure wish our coaches , yes plural, overall the last decade would do a better job of mixing it up and adjusting. I “feel” like over the years we have coaches who only do what “their” schemes are/is

2 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

The defense has given up 125 points. Worst in the league. The defense is terrible. There is a lot of money being paid to guys who are non factors and coaches trott out “smart” guys who are athletically and instinctively inferior. It isn’t a matter of time or tape. They should keep Snead and dump literally everyone else.

^^^^this. I think even Snead has taken a  step back from last year. I'd still keep him though.

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

The thing that's baffling to me is the failure in all facets. Its not just personnel. It's scheme, it's coaching, it heart and determination, it's playcalling, ts lack of turnovers, it's coaches favoritism with inferior players. 

This defense is failing on all levels of playing and coaching. This is year 3 of Spags system. This breakdown does not make sense. This team was in the top half of the league in scoring defense last year. What the fuck happened?

Our defense is short on overall talent, but I think the most glaring problems are 1. Communication issues on the back end, and 2. Pass rush, well lack thereof.  

The defense was never built to be a run stopper, it was supposed to bend, not break, then breakup passes while playing with a lead. Offensive turnovers have kept the team from playing with leads. 

Our inability to pressure with the down 4 means blitzing is a necessity for pressure, not a luxury.  The breakdowns on the back end have been back breaking. 

im not rosy sunshine, but I do think there are adjustments that can be made defensively to get back to the middle of the pack , and compliment the offense just enough for a deep playoff run.  Clean up the communication issues, and if Clark can get back on the field and provide some pressure, we can see the defense get much better. 

5 minutes ago, moons314 said:

Our defense is short on overall talent, but I think the most glaring problems are 1. Communication issues on the back end, and 2. Pass rush, well lack thereof.  

The defense was never built to be a run stopper, it was supposed to bend, not break, then breakup passes while playing with a lead. Offensive turnovers have kept the team from playing with leads. 

Our inability to pressure with the down 4 means blitzing is a necessity for pressure, not a luxury.  The breakdowns on the back end have been back breaking. 

im not rosy sunshine, but I do think there are adjustments that can be made defensively to get back to the middle of the pack , and compliment the offense just enough for a deep playoff run.  Clean up the communication issues, and if Clark can get back on the field and provide some pressure, we can see the defense get much better. 

Good points Moons. Danna is getting a little pressure and IF Clark could get back and get some pressure, we could shift Jones back inside more often.

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

Masterful work by bill on Brady tonight. If New England could help on offense, they have a chance. But that defense is gonna get tired.

I sure wish our coaches , yes plural, overall the last decade would do a better job of mixing it up and adjusting. I “feel” like over the years we have coaches who only do what “their” schemes are/is

It's amazing how he slows things down, and is making them work for every yard.

The pats young QB is playing pretty solid also. To stay on the subject, I'm hoping the Chiefs coaches can adjust and get better as things go along. Not sure right now if they will but who knows.