Chiefs signing Josh Gordon

20 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Im still all for bringing john brown into the wr group 

provided we have any cap space

I agree...he is only 2yrs removed from a 1,000yd season and i know at one point ran in the low 4.3's. Granted he is 31, but he has to be an upgrade at this point. 

16 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

The offense has moved the ball. Turnovers are the issue not missing Watkins. Running better will also help. Look at Mahomes #s. Still very strong,  minus the untimely INTs & a fumble this team is 3-0. I dont see this as the coaches whatever. If you see an opportunity to improve,  you look at the worst player on the roster. Is this guy better? If yes you make a move. He may sit like Bell did. 

Agreed

I doubt they just signed him with very little contact with him. Yesterday was just the day it was made known.   For all we know they have been thinking and in contact with him to see where he is at in his recovery process and had nothing to do with Sunday and like you said it's a way to make team better which they tried to do on previous occasions during the year.  

If he has learned how to deal with the issues that caused him to self medicate going all the way back to middle school in a healthy way instead of turning to booze n drugs then kc has a legit #2 if not then wish him well go on your way. 

No risk at all in this

31 minutes ago, Chiefsbro said:

I think that you all are missing the point here.   Last year it was La'veon Bell, this year Josh Gordon.   Guess what?  Everybody wants to be a Chief because for the first time in a loooong time Kansas City has a top notch squad. Vontaze Burfict, where ya at?

We need that Burfict attitude on defense. 

Reubens Foster is still out there. Bring him in to see how his knee is doing. He visited with the Browns, Jets, Seahawks as far as I know. ...

I find it interesting that the offensive staff, head coach included is willing to make moves to improve. 

yet our defensive staff sits on their hands. Continuing to trot out the same garbage. Neimann, Sorensen, Hitchens, okafor, Clark, keeping homes at DE. 

why not advocate for a trade?

Sign Beasley. A pure pass rusher.

The “ Thornhill needs to warm it” but is really bothersome to the thought process of Spags. 

47 minutes ago, Palangi said:

I find it interesting that the offensive staff, head coach included is willing to make moves to improve. 

yet our defensive staff sits on their hands. Continuing to trot out the same garbage. Neimann, Sorensen, Hitchens, okafor, Clark, keeping homes at DE. 

The “ Thornhill needs to warm it” but is really bothersome to the thought process of Spags. 

Yea, I'm starting to really think Spags and his ego could be the problem. He could be telling Veech, "No, we don't need anyone else", "just give me some more time to work it out"...or some dogshit like that!

Why not kick the tires on Vernon or Foster? 

1 minute ago, artsy said:

Yea, I'm starting to really think Spags and his ego could be the problem. He could be telling Veech, "No, we don't need anyone else", "just give me some more time to work it out"...or some dogshit like that!

Why not kick the tires on Vernon or Foster? 

Vernon might not be ready from his Achilles injury. But try Vic Beasley instead. 

3 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Vernon might not be ready from his Achilles injury. But try Vic Beasley instead. 

Yea, I agree. It's like we're always scraping the barrel for offensive players, but crickets when it comes to FA defensive guys...The last person I believe was Suggs....

Gordon doesn’t need to possess world class speed in this offense. He needs to outmuscle his coverage, run ten yards up and in or ten yards up and out, and actually be able to catch the wide open pass. 
We shall see. But I like the signing. 

4 hours ago, Palangi said:

How do you know they haven't reached out and discussed a trade?  Gordon is a FA, and I'm willing to bet that there had been contact with him prior to last week's loss.  There's a lot of assumptions here. 

1 hour ago, moons314 said:

How do you know they haven't reached out and discussed a trade?  Gordon is a FA, and I'm willing to bet that there had been contact with him prior to last week's loss.  There's a lot of assumptions here. 

Assumption is all we have to go by. 

but I would say with his recent comments about Thornhill and Sorensen. It is safer to assume that Spags is an extremely loyal guy. The last 3 years not getting anyone the chance to replace Sorensen or Neimann who we all see as terrible also leads one to believe this. 

DOD is a guy in the past they have used as a spy yet we didn’t and continued to trot Neimann out there. Harris has shown some ability when given the chance last year, yet w continue to trot Neimann out there. 

i would also guess since we didn’t try too hard to bring Ingram in or signed a guy like Beasley who is still available.

so I get it’s assumption but based on what we’ve been given as a fan base the last 3 years I thing it is safe to assume we might not be willing to upgrade over Spags guys