Chiefs signing Josh Gordon

11 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Not sure how excited to be yet.   Seems really fast to elevate a player in Josh’s predicament so quickly.    Has to be something good happening in practice.

Maybe he’s excited being on a SB team without the psychopathic restraints and orders that was the NE dynasty. 

Reid is a laidback boss. Let’s the players get the job done themselves. 

Lest we forget Reid has serious experience with drug users. Hoping these two connect well. 

I think it's funny that there is a headline out there that says, "Can Josh Gordon kickstart the Chiefs offense?"

We are #2 offense right now. Top 10 in rushing at over 5 yards a pop. Mahomes comfortably leads in TD passes. So...didn't know the offense needed it but okay.

41 minutes ago, Chiefmanzada said:

Maybe he’s excited being on a SB team without the psychopathic restraints and orders that was the NE dynasty. 

Reid is a laidback boss. Let’s the players get the job done themselves. 

Lest we forget Reid has serious experience with drug users. Hoping these two connect well. 

Hopefully he's less judgmental than some if the posters here. You'd think the guy had done time for murder. Or that some people had never been close to someone who battled drug or alcohol addiction. We aren't bad people trying to become good people. We are sick people trying to get well. 

12 hours ago, oldtimer said:

METV in the mornings have real cartoons as well.

I was just going to mention that, but didn't see you comment. I forgot how good and funny those old cartoons were.

On the subject of Gordon. I really hope he works out, but I'm worried about him more as a person than what he can do for the Chiefs. He just seems to keep falling back, and I don't recall too many athletes that slipped up that many times, ever overcoming it. Hope he can.

41 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Hopefully he's less judgmental than some if the posters here. You'd think the guy had done time for murder. Or that some people had never been close to someone who battled drug or alcohol addiction. We aren't bad people trying to become good people. We are sick people trying to get well. 

Yeah Reid def knows what’s up. 

He can smoke all the weed he wants for all I care. Just stay away the hard shit. 

Glad to have the dude 

13 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Not sure how excited to be yet.   Seems really fast to elevate a player in Josh’s predicament so quickly.    Has to be something good happening in practice.

Maybe what's happening in practice is that Gordon, even at low level and limited play book, looks better than Robinson or Kemp  They aren't being used so if JG isn't up to speed, it's not a big loss. 

35 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Maybe what's happening in practice is that Gordon, even at low level and limited play book, looks better than Robinson or Kemp  They aren't being used so if JG isn't up to speed, it's not a big loss. 

It’s not hard to look better than kemp or Robinson at WR. 
how many special teams access do we need to keep every year? 

Kemp needs to go. 

15 hours ago, dhitter said:

I think it's funny that there is a headline out there that says, "Can Josh Gordon kickstart the Chiefs offense?"

We are #2 offense right now. Top 10 in rushing at over 5 yards a pop. Mahomes comfortably leads in TD passes. So...didn't know the offense needed it but okay.

We need 50 points/game to compete

15 hours ago, qnet said:

I was just going to mention that, but didn't see you comment. I forgot how good and funny those old cartoons were.

On the subject of Gordon. I really hope he works out, but I'm worried about him more as a person than what he can do for the Chiefs. He just seems to keep falling back, and I don't recall too many athletes that slipped up that many times, ever overcoming it. Hope he can.

That's true of addictive disease in general.  It never goes away.  It can only be kept in remission, and that requires daily work, possibly more work than can be done by an active NFL player. Plus players are under great competitive stress and often chronic pain.   I also share your worry about him as a person. Jokes are great, because they are jokes, but addictive disease is no joke for the afflicted, whether it is the addicted person or those around them.  Whenever he does relapse, and he will, we should be sympathetic, not judgemental.

4 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

That's true of addictive disease in general.  It never goes away.  It can only be kept in remission, and that requires daily work, possibly more work than can be done by an active NFL player. Plus players are under great competitive stress and often chronic pain.   I also share your worry about him as a person. Jokes are great, because they are jokes, but addictive disease is no joke for the afflicted, whether it is the addicted person or those around them.  Whenever he does relapse, and he will, we should be sympathetic, not judgemental.

That's not true. Some of us figure it out eventually. I haven't drank or drugged since 9/8/2015. Gordon may have found his bottom and had enough. With the right steps there's hope for any one of us to recover.

You are right though. There's a lot of people who don't understand its a disease and think it's just people who are weak minded. They don't understand drugs and alcohol affect certain people differently. I can't explain to my wife why I literally cannot stop when I start. It just affects me differently. So I no longer start.

2 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

That's not true. Some of us figure it out eventually. I haven't drank or drugged since 9/8/2015. Gordon may have found his bottom and had enough. With the right steps there's hope for any one of us to recover.

You are right though. There's a lot of people who don't understand its a disease and think it's just a people who are weak minded. They don't understand drugs and alcohol affect certain people differently. I can't explain to my wife why I literally cannot stop when I start. It just affects me differently. So I no longer start.

I understand completely.  Happy 6th birthday. I'll have 9 in mid December.

Good points made about Gordon's addition. I just recently read about him on Wikipedia (I know that's not the most reliable source at times). I was so focused on him being a Watkins replacement, and possibly more, It didn't really sink in with me how bad a problem he had/has.