Chiefs signing Josh Gordon

I'll agree wit the last sentence  that when necessary we should be able to be 3 yrds and a cloud of dust. All the motion is a way to see who's covering who.  Vince Lombardi football  dont cut it anymore. RPO's work as do Jet sweeps  with Tyreek just maybe not use them as much. .

Just a hunch here but I wonder if  much of this stuff is not an effort by Andy to make the game fun for MVPat?  I'm not saying I agree with many of those gadget plays but Jet Sweeps, RPO's and motion  are not Gadgets

35 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I'll agree wit the last sentence  that when necessary we should be able to be 3 yrds and a cloud of dust. All the motion is a way to see who's covering who.  Vince Lombardi football  dont cut it anymore. RPO's work as do Jet sweeps  with Tyreek just maybe not use them as much. .

Just a hunch here but I wonder if  much of this stuff is not an effort by Andy to make the game fun for MVPat?  I'm not saying I agree with many of those gadget plays but Jet Sweeps, RPO's and motion  are not Gadgets

I think this last game it was a way to get the ball into Tyreeks hands in anyway shape or form cause the Chargers effectively cut him out of the passing game.  Without looking at the numbers it seems like if he is getting regular looks in the passing game then its maybe just once or twice a game they use him in the jet sweep. 

KCs last scoring drive they ran more than passed and while i don't think they go full martyball i do think as the year goes on and as the line gets better from just playing together more we will see more drives like that.   

Where are our short slants and outs to get Hill the ball?  Seems like when teams try to take him away we just concede and let him be the deep decoy to stay the defense away from other areas of the field.   I don’t have an issue with that per se but not for a whole game.  Gotta get the ball in our best players hands.   

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

RPO's are smart plays and designed to put certain defenders in impossible situations.  They just need everyone on same page and make some smarter decisions with the ball.

BTW Andy is figuring out how to adjust to all the 2 high shells we're seeing.  He's been going 5 wide and stretching them horizontally which has started to work.  

We really just need to quit turning the ball over and the offense will be fine.

Ok so here's JG's patriot snaps in 2018 & 2019.  Looks like a possession receiver at this point.  Don't know if he still has it and keep in mind this is just the catches and doesn't show how he looked otherwise.  But still, this is promising if he keeps it together 

1 hour ago, xen said:

RPO's are smart plays and designed to put certain defenders in impossible situations.  They just need everyone on same page and make some smarter decisions with the ball.

BTW Andy is figuring out how to adjust to all the 2 high shells we're seeing.  He's been going 5 wide and stretching them horizontally which has started to work.  

We really just need to quit turning the ball over and the offense will be fine.

Do they really need to honor that? Don't defenses know we don't really want Mahomes out there keeping the ball and running? That we aren't gonna turn the franchise into a moving target more than a few times per game?

9 hours ago, Calichief said:

This says a LOT about how the chiefs feel about mecole. 

OT, I think he just is what he is, jet sweeps, some gadgets, and an occasional bomb. And that’s ok. He’s just not going to be a number 2 big possession guy.

4 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Gadget player. Would be a good slot guy with another threat on the outside across from Tyreek. So maybe Gordon can help open things up. 

Honestly I'm down on this whole gimmicky offense with the constant motion and jet sweeps, etc. I think the league has caught up to us in a sense.

Not that we can't still score points. But for Pat to become truly comfort staying in the pocket (which he isnt now), we need to get back to a real offense with him under center and using play action rather than this RPO nonsense. It will help our running game in a big way too.

I'm not advocating for Martyball. And I'm not saying not to have Pat take snaps from the shotgun. And Reid will always be a master play designer. But it's time to be able to line up and just dominate the LOS.

I don’t know about all that. We have a HOF coach that is respect as one of the most innovative and successful play callers in the history of the nfl. We are at our usual 400+ yards per game and 30+ points. That is the league catching up with us? That is what your sick of? Good lord.

20 minutes ago, Calichief said:

OT, I think he just is what he is, jet sweeps, some gadgets, and an occasional bomb. And that’s ok. He’s just not going to be a number 2 big possession guy.

and all that is not enough to relieve double coverages away from Hill/Kelce. Gordon is a player who will get DC's attention

11 minutes ago, ChiefThunder said:

and all that is not enough to relieve double coverages away from Hill/Kelce. Gordon is a player who will get DC's attention

Maybe. The dude is 30 yrs old and been in and out football for the last 10 years. It's a low risk, high reward type of deal so no biggie.

37 minutes ago, DieHard said:

I don’t know about all that. We have a HOF coach that is respect as one of the most innovative and successful play callers in the history of the nfl. We are at our usual 400+ yards per game and 30+ points. That is the league catching up with us? That is what your sick of? Good lord.

In todays NFL those numbers are good but not exceptional and Mahomes could put those up with most teams. I think REID is over rated as some great guru and innovative genius. I think Reid is a great leader of men and that is his greatest strength. KC plays around too much on offense. Passing to tackles on the goal line. Thats EGO not the best judgement.

16 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

In todays NFL those numbers are good but not exceptional and Mahomes could put those up with most teams. I think REID is over rated as some great guru and innovative genius. I think Reid is a great leader of men and that is his greatest strength. KC plays around too much on offense. Passing to tackles on the goal line. Thats EGO not the best judgement.

Really? Because if you see the teams copying what Reid does,  I would say he is a genius and innovator for offenses. He plays to the strength of his QBs. We saw this with Smith having his best year ever and what he did for other QBs he had. If anything he may over think plays and calls made.

15 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

415 yds/gm was #1 in the league last year. Is that just good?  And our points per game are even higher this year. And that is with 3 rookies starting on the oline. I am not saying he is not overrated. I am saying he is the best in the league. I don't know how people rate him. And I personally don't feel he has a big ego. Neither do the players. Or the other coaches. Or any experts worth their salt. He had Poe throw a touchdown because nobody was expecting it. He threw to a OT for the same reason. People see the unexpected from Andy and it helps our offense. Those jet sweeps people are complaining about create big plays. What do we average on jet sweeps?  I don't know, but would like to see it.

Andy's offense is not the problem. Enjoy this ride because he will be gone one day and we will not be as good on offense as we were.

1 hour ago, DieHard said:

He does go to the well often. It has looked pretty vanilla. But it works. And we should scored about 50 last week. So I agree with both of you.

5 minutes ago, DieHard said:

415 yds/gm was #1 in the league last year. Is that just good?  And our points per game are even higher this year. And that is with 3 rookies starting on the oline. I am not saying he is not overrated. I am saying he is the best in the league. I don't know how people rate him. And I personally don't feel he has a big ego. Neither do the players. Or the other coaches. Or any experts worth their salt. He had Poe throw a touchdown because nobody was expecting it. He threw to a OT for the same reason. People see the unexpected from Andy and it helps our offense. Those jet sweeps people are complaining about create big plays. What do we average on jet sweeps?  I don't know, but would like to see it.

Andy's offense is not the problem. Enjoy this ride because he will be gone one day and we will not be as good on offense as we were.

Its Mahomes and not so much Andy. I alsoi think there are teams that Mahomes would put up even better numbers with. 

1 minute ago, Calichief said:

He does go to the well often. It has looked pretty vanilla. But it works. And we should scored about 50 last week. So I agree with both of you.

Hell, I think KC could drop 50 every week on other teams, the problem is that we would also give up 51.

Just now, DieHard said:

He got 375 with Alex Smith which was 5th in the league. I guess it was Smith's freakish abilities.

Its todays NFl the difference between 5th and 10th is not much. I dont care about #1 or #5. That fantasy football BS. Yards this yards that is just talking head topics. Smith was a good QB also. I think Reid never won a playoff with Smith. Smith had a year he did not throw a TD to a receiver. Mahomes makes the difference. 

1 minute ago, AFCWEST said:

Its todays NFl the difference between 5th and 10th is not much. I dont care about #1 or #5. That fantasy football BS. Yards this yards that is just talking head topics. Smith was a good QB also. I think Reid never won a playoff with Smith. Smith had a year he did not throw a TD to a receiver. Mahomes makes the difference. 

I always thought Smith was pretty good but saw a lot of torches and pitchforks. The point I am making is the Andy is a hell of a coach and has been proving it for many years. You can dismiss all the numbers all day long, but you only have speculation that Andy would not be good without Mahomes or Mahomes would be better with another coach. 

7 minutes ago, DieHard said:

I always thought Smith was pretty good but saw a lot of torches and pitchforks. The point I am making is the Andy is a hell of a coach and has been proving it for many years. You can dismiss all the numbers all day long, but you only have speculation that Andy would not be good without Mahomes or Mahomes would be better with another coach. 

Everyone is speculating. I did not say Andy is not good. I think he is over rated and not a genius. I think Mahomes would have better numbers with the Rams, Niners and Tampa Bay. Those teams actually run the ball. Those teams have decent defenses. But what do I know? See my avatar for insight.

6 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Everyone is speculating. I did not say Andy is not good. I think he is over rated and not a genius. I think Mahomes would have better numbers with the Rams, Niners and Tampa Bay. Those teams actually run the ball. Those teams have decent defenses. But what do I know? See my avatar for insight.

I can't say you are right or wrong about Mahomes in another place. Who knows. I was just defending Andy as a damn good coach. If any of them were genius's they would own the team and not coach it. He is about the best of the bunch was my point.

2 hours ago, xen said:

Ok so here's JG's patriot snaps in 2018 & 2019.  Looks like a possession receiver at this point.  Don't know if he still has it and keep in mind this is just the catches and doesn't show how he looked otherwise.  But still, this is promising if he keeps it together 

Agreed, looks like just what the Chiefs need. If he makes it, he will be like a Watkins replacement, possibly a little better. I suspect that's what they have in mind. He sure has good hands.

Hopefully he's taken care of himself. 

edit: He naturally gifted, and it doesn't even look like he's trying that hard.

The real question with this signing is will it make a defense think twice about how they utilize personal to shade Hill and Kelce? 
will it be different than what they do now with either Pringle hardman kemp? 
secondly , can he beat man coverage ? will it force defenses to come out of a deep two shell. 
obviously Veach thinks so. 
im somewhat looking forward to seeing what happens.