1 hour ago, Holmes4six! said:

Just need draft for defense like this 

I agree, but Bolton looks good so far, haven't seen enough of Gay to know. 

Still a positive that they're at least putting the Chiefs back were they were offensively as far as protection, and the run blocking is slightly better also.  

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Goes to show how hard an NFL GM job is. Dude had to rebuild our entire line in one offseason, and so far it looks like he's done that quite well. Only now we are all bitching about how he has neglected the defense.

I guess it's always something. In 2019 I wasn't sure what would happen. It wasn't until Pat went down in the Broncos game, that seemed to make them pull it together. They didn't really have that much talent back then beside a few key guys.

5 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Goes to show how hard an NFL GM job is. Dude had to rebuild our entire line in one offseason, and so far it looks like he's done that quite well. Only now we are all bitching about how he has neglected the defense.

Personally I'm one of those that wanted this. Fix the OL and worry about the rest in the next offseason. Obvious coaching changes may have huge impact but other than that can't really fix everything in a single offseason.

On 10/2/2021 at 4:56 PM, Holmes4six! said:

Just need draft for defense like this 

I agree. I wouldnt be upset if they went DE,DE,DT the first 3 rds. One cliche that's always been true and always will be,  is that games are won in the trenches. 

Teams that dominate the LOS are usually successful unless they completely lack playmakers elsewhere. We dont.

52 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I agree. I wouldnt be upset if they went DE,DE,DT the first 3 rds. One cliche that's always been true and always will be,  is that games are won in the trenches. 

Teams that dominate the LOS are usually successful unless they completely lack playmakers elsewhere. We dont.

De de dt lb cb cb lb 

Offense (Bryan Stewart)

By and large, the Chiefs’ offense had their way with the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday. As most teams continue to do, the Eagles elected to play deep coverages, daring Patrick Mahomes and company to play a disciplined, methodical style of offense. That’s exactly what they did.

The offensive line completely owned the line of scrimmage when it came to the run game, and it enabled running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire to rush for his second straight 100-yard game — with an excellent average of 7.3 yards per carry. It was great to see on the heels of my most recent film review detailing CEH’s carries against the Chargers.

It cannot be understated how well this new offensive line is gelling right now, considering the quality of opponent they just faced that is the Eagles’ defensive line. The team had over 200 rushing yards in total. Lucas Niang and Orlando Brown Jr. each surrendered a little pressure early in the game, but the negatives were quiet up front beyond that.

Then there was the passing offense, headlined by Patrick Mahomes and Tyreek Hill, who connected for three touchdowns alone. Mahomes finished 24 of 30 for 278 passing yards, 9.3 yards per attempt, five passing touchdowns and one interception.

Yeah I saw some idiots on Twitter calling for Remmers because Niang gave up a sack.   Niang is a good athlete and hasn’t been bad in his first year back after being out almost two years. That in and of itself is huge!    Yeah his ceiling is miles above Remmers and this early action is only going to help his development.  Plus we have a big contract coming up for OBJ and Hill….the O needs those rookie contracts and this upcoming draft will probably be heavy D.  

On 10/5/2021 at 9:34 PM, Lamardirts said:

Yeah I saw some idiots on Twitter calling for Remmers because Niang gave up a sack.   Niang is a good athlete and hasn’t been bad in his first year back after being out almost two years. That in and of itself is huge!    Yeah his ceiling is miles above Remmers and this early action is only going to help his development.  Plus we have a big contract coming up for OBJ and Hill….the O needs those rookie contracts and this upcoming draft will probably be heavy D.  

To be fair, while our oline as a whole has been solid, Niang is far and away the weakest link.  Just about every pressure/hit/sack i've seen Mahomes take has come from Niang(or just unblocked).  I've watched him get manhandled all four games.  Granted, Bosa and Garrett/Clowney are a tall order for any olineman, but i saw it a lot from him.  He's also the most penalized chief on the team through 4 games.  He's struggling, but i think he just needs the reps.  He's young and will be find but i do wish Kyle Long was avaiable

Niang has definitely drawn the toughest matchups. 
Garrett, Bosa, Sweat, Oweh 

definitely been a learning curve for him. He hasn’t been great but he also hasn’t been super bowl bad either. He’s got talent. Just needs the reps and experience.