Interesting breakdown of our defense...

• The title was changed to Interesting breakdown of our defense...

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

The Chiefs need Fenton, Thornhill, Clark and Gay to come back, and maybe the scheme isn't great, but why does the defense look so confused and out of position so often?  This is year three and they should know where to be by now. 

It shouldn’t be out of position. We have Hitchens the QB of our defense out there. Isn’t that why he sticks around? That’s what we’ve been told. 

1 minute ago, Holmes4six! said:

Hopefully we will have a full deck come Sunday night. Gay, Clark , Fenton and ward. 
If so hopefully we see signs of improvement. I’m not betting on it but just maybe. 

If Gray has the Turf Toe I dont understand why  anyone thinks he's coming back anytime soon

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

If Gray has the Turf Toe I dont understand why  anyone thinks he's coming back anytime soon

Exactly.

spags needs to scheme up something a little better. Show different looks. 
he needs to watch New England  tape all week. Because last nights effort up there was incredible 

10 hours ago, jetlord said:

The Chiefs need Fenton, Thornhill, Clark and Gay to come back, and maybe the scheme isn't great, but why does the defense look so confused and out of position so often?  This is year three and they should know where to be by now. 

Thornhill played yesterday.  I didn’t follow him closely, though I do know I saw him multiple times. 

The lack of impact from Jones on the outside is really obvious. He must go back inside.

the lack of closing speed on the defense is glaring.

watched it twice already and we had moments to sack the qb, make tackles, and run guys out, and just couldn’t. 

3 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Huh? He lifted the rookie WR on one tackle. 

i guess we see what we want

He missed some tackles man. Watch again.

I didn’t say he didn’t make a tackle 

relax. I’m pro thornhill. It’s also hard to find rhythm when your coach is not playing you with any consistent patrern

13 minutes ago, artsy said:

Looking at the way Hughes has been getting whooped the last 2 wks, it appears that some of us undervalued Mr. Ward....

I've seen enough of Hughes as the #1 CB. He sucks AZZ!

yea he was gettn picked on like a june bug in a hen house

13 minutes ago, artsy said:

Looking at the way Hughes has been getting whooped the last 2 wks, it appears that some of us undervalued Mr. Ward....

I've seen enough of Hughes as the #1 CB. He sucks AZZ!

Yea, needs to be baker over Hughes. And the ward hate was ridiculous in the first place. The secondary was and is the strength. They are being asked to cover forever. The missed assignments are alarming but fixable.

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

He missed some tackles man. Watch again.

I didn’t say he didn’t make a tackle 

relax. I’m pro thornhill. It’s also hard to find rhythm when your coach is not playing you with any consistent patrern

Didn’t say he missed tackles either, relax.

If Gay comes back, he will need a couple weeks to get in game shape. Also how is his understanding of the defense since he has hardly played? Clark is a wash but he is the best we have and he still is out. Fenton and Ward will bring some help. No idea why Thornhill is still not seeing the field more than Sorensen. Sorensen missed some tackles and took some bad angles on a few other plays.  Defense needs to get it together and communicate. Quit leaving players to stand by themselves when they try to hand off assignments.