Interesting breakdown of our defense...

5 hours ago, dhitter said:

So I'm guessing the defensive gameplan against Buffalo is the same as Philly....hope they get a couple RedZone stops and hold them to a field goal here or there and count on the offense to outscore them. Heaven forbid they could actually force a punt 

This is who the KC Defense is. This is what I expect the rest of the season. Lack of talent, a few more injuries and poor depth = 2018 all over again.

KC still wins it all. 

On 10/4/2021 at 12:58 PM, Palangi said:

Which tells you we’ve adjusted our defense so Sorensen can play. This is on Spags. 
i wish we could see Watts as the box guy. See what we have. He is a physical guy

I wonder if the philosophy changes if/when Machine Gun Kelly, I mean Clark is back.  Maybe he's going conservative with HB over the top knowing we aren't going to get any pressure on the QB.

We'll need to blitz more with our LB and in particular, our secondary since we aren't getting sufficient pressure with the front. I think Gay, once healthy, could be a lethal blitzer in the mold of a Devin White. Both are super quick and Gay could wreck the offense on some crucial plays if given the opportunity. I think Sneed and HB do a great job of that as well. 

Broken coverages are killing us right now. Hopefully, it's more about scheme adjustments vs. lack of speed but I'm sure that's a big part of it. There are rays of sunshine...I think we held Eagle's running game down pretty well. Now just need to cover RB's out of the backfield and the TEs to some degree of competence. 

Chiefs LB corps is brutally bad in coverage. An upgrade in that alone would reap a ton of benefit. Gay will help once he is back but Chiefs need to draft another athletic fast LB in the near future. Also might not be a bad idea to kick the tires on Olivier Vernon for pass rush depth. 

3 hours ago, dhitter said:

Chiefs LB corps is brutally bad in coverage. An upgrade in that alone would reap a ton of benefit. Gay will help once he is back but Chiefs need to draft another athletic fast LB in the near future. Also might not be a bad idea to kick the tires on Olivier Vernon for pass rush depth. 

Vernon tore his Achilles very late last season.   He’s older as well.   He won’t be any help anytime soon IMO.

20 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Vernon tore his Achilles very late last season.   He’s older as well.   He won’t be any help anytime soon IMO.

Hard to say. Was very productive last year until the injury. Kicking the tires costs nothing. 

On 10/4/2021 at 10:56 PM, Iluvhouse24 said:

And honestly that's the reason I'm fine if they let Badger walk. I love the dude but his game is very cerebral. He's not that fast to begin with and it's magnified with him surrounded by a bunch of other slow players.

Is there a safety tandem in the league with less speed than him and Sorenson?

At DT, Jones is flying through those gaps. Above average speed for a DT. At DE he's slower than shit. The dude weighs 290 lbs. Nnadi is slow, Okafor is slow, Niemann is slow. Outside Sneed we don't even have good speed at CB!! Fenton, Baker, Ward...none of those guys can run stride for stride with a burner.

This defense is seriously flawed and I think you may have hit the nail on the head. As a unit they have no speed.

Busy week, just saw this now.  I completely agree with letting Badger walk.  This coming offseason, I'm all for completely revamping defensive personnel.  There are a few guys that we obviously keep, but it's time to tear down that side of the ball and rebuild.  Getting Clark and Badger off the books allows just that.  We need edge speed, linebacker speed, and safety speed.  I'm of the opinion that we should head into 2022 camp with as many as 6 new starters on the defense.  Every consequential draft pick (top 3-4 rounds) should go on defense.  Free agency, trades, should all be defense.  Now that the offensive line is set for the future, I think the Chiefs are a strong offseason on the defensive side away from being a truly dominant team.  The question is, will they make that investment?