I need to give props to Andy and Eric. First time I’ve seen them employ an actual run game in a long time. This is what I’ve been saying for a long time. It softened up the defense, and then boom, the deep stuff started to open up. Not asking for us to be Baltimore, but there has to be a THREAT to run the ball. And kudos to ceh. He looked fast and explosive finally. Williams is a good back too.

all this against a great dline. 

Oh and, the offensive line is ridiculous. Definitely a run blocking oline. Some of those holes were 3 -4 yards wide.

pass blocking still needs work, but my god, let them get down in the run game against Buffalo and keep the defense off the field. 

2 hours ago, Calichief said:

I need to give props to Andy and Eric. First time I’ve seen them employ an actual run game in a long time. This is what I’ve been saying for a long time. It softened up the defense, and then boom, the deep stuff started to open up. Not asking for us to be Baltimore, but there has to be a THREAT to run the ball. And kudos to ceh. He looked fast and explosive finally. Williams is a good back too.

all this against a great dline. 

You have been saying it for awhile and it was nice to see. Many of us are guilty of wanting Mahomes to fling it all over the place all the time. I like that they don't shy from running to the rookie side. 

22 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Definitely looks like CEH's primary need was some dedication to the run game. Even Williams got some quality touches. Hope this keeps up and we keep Mahomes to "modest" plays :D 

Hell yea! Moar running game is always good.

Plus it allows us to slow the game down, chew clock and somewhat play defense with our offense....Since our defense won't play defense..

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

CEH is proving his worth when given opportunities to run and get more touches. Only had 15 the first 3 games? Had 14 carries for 102 yards with 2 receptions for 16 more yards and a td. He had more touches this game than he did the first 3 combined.

Thank you for being one of the few that saw CEH for what he is. An underutilized weapon.

19 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Thank you for being one of the few that saw CEH for what he is. An underutilized weapon.

Yeah, just a few of us here backed him it seems. Thing is if he is playing horrible I will call him out in a minute. He just needs to be given a chance to prove his worth. If he keeps it up in what we saw yesterday,  I don't think anyone will care if he was a 1st round pick.

2 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I've been in his corner from the first and especially with an O-line that can block.  Still would be nice if he became more of a factor in the pass game.  CEH is slow, but he can slip tackles for that extra yard or two.  

1 hour ago, azchief21 said:

Rushing attempts this season:

Blake Bell- 1

Jerick McKinnon- 0

Don't understand him not getting at least a few carries/game

Don't understand hin not getting a few targets as well.  Guess as long as CEH and Darrell are making yards, #1 isn't needed. 

17 hours ago, Calichief said:

Oh and, the offensive line is ridiculous. Definitely a run blocking oline. Some of those holes were 3 -4 yards wide.

pass blocking still needs work, but my god, let them get down in the run game against Buffalo and keep the defense off the field. 

We killed Buffalo in last season’s regular season game with CEH & the run game.

This year’s OL is much better than last year’s OL.  I’m hopeful for a similar strategy & outcome vs the Bills on Sunday night.

17 hours ago, Obi Won Mahome said:

We killed Buffalo in last season’s regular season game with CEH & the run game.

This year’s OL is much better than last year’s OL.  I’m hopeful for a similar strategy & outcome vs the Bills on Sunday night.

This offense can handle anyone.  It's the defense that makes the offense play a perfect game to win.  

17 hours ago, jetlord said:

This offense can handle anyone.  It's the defense that makes the offense play a perfect game to win.  

In fairness, when the offense puts the defense on the field 3-4 times a game... it's not all on the defense.

That said, I'd love to see a heavier running attack with more play-action on early downs... whatever keeps Patrick upright

this is what I’ve been saying for a couple years. Here’s a coach saying it better than I do. I like this guy. Not gonna lie. And the chargers will be on our asses for years to come. What a good time for the afc west and to be fans of kc and la 

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

this is what I’ve been saying for a couple years. Here’s a coach saying it better than I do. I like this guy. Not gonna lie. And the chargers will be on our asses for years to come. What a good time for the afc west and to be fans of kc and la 

“It’s the threat of the run” 

2 hours ago, Calichief said:

Yeah, I like the way he broke that down. It makes so much sense, and one of those things that's obvious. 

51 minutes ago, Calichief said:

“It’s the threat of the run” 

I like when he talked about the physical aspect, and making the defense take on blocks & tackle. It's the mentality that you're imposing your will on them and wearing them down. If your doing it successfully it makes the threat so much more.  

3 hours ago, Calichief said:

I agree. I like what he said and how he said it.