23 minutes ago, Calichief said:

I’ve been a broken record about it 

I remember, and don't think many disagreed with you, at least I didn't. My concern was would Reid do it more. He seems to be doing that this year so far, and I hope he sticks with it, especially with this O line.  

12 hours ago, qnet said:

I remember, and don't think many disagreed with you, at least I didn't. My concern was would Reid do it more. He seems to be doing that this year so far, and I hope he sticks with it, especially with this O line.  

Hey, it’s even more important now as we need to eat some clock and keep our defense off the field.

On 10/4/2021 at 8:19 AM, Calichief said:

First time I’ve seen them employ an actual run game in a long time. This is what I’ve been saying for a long time. 

But there is a reason why Andy didn't employ a run game much. The run blocking last year for the most part was atrocious. This year's group is bigger, bulkier and nastier. The interior OL is fun to watch. I hope Andy keeps the balance we had last week. If so this offense is unguardable.

Not only do the Chiefs have confidence in the run game on third/fourth and short, they are forcing the opponent defense to play honest.  Several times they gashed the Eagles in their 1-3 formation both by running and by tossing to Hill short.  Opens up all kinds of opportunities.  

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Not only do the Chiefs have confidence in the run game on third/fourth and short, they are forcing the opponent defense to play honest.  Several times they gashed the Eagles in their 1-3 formation both by running and by tossing to Hill short.  Opens up all kinds of opportunities.  

Agreed. This upcoming game may be a bigger test. dhitter's point about the run-blocking in prior seasons was solid IMO. If it's truly better they should be able to run against the Bills and that will help a lot.

Chiefs are gonna have to run the ball more period. Teams are playing deep safeties and there is light boxes. Until we can make them come down run game is going to be key and quick short passes. Now what will be interesting is how Gordon fits into this. 
I can’t wait. I think in this game we may see more McKinnon and his speed. Just a hunch. 
I also hope gay Clark ward Fenton and Jones all play. That will help. 

52 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

Chiefs are gonna have to run the ball more period. Teams are playing deep safeties and there is light boxes. Until we can make them come down run game is going to be key and quick short passes. Now what will be interesting is how Gordon fits into this. 
I can’t wait. I think in this game we may see more McKinnon and his speed. Just a hunch. 
I also hope gay Clark ward Fenton and Jones all play. That will help. 

Yep.