So many implications Sunday night. Two of the best teams in the AFC, prime time. 

After watching Chargers/Raiders (two very good teams) I have more confidence in our direction.  We're only 1 game back in the West.

Only reason we're at 2 losses is turnovers. Fix that... we're still the top dog.

Sunday night will tell us a lot about the rest of the season: It will be about turnovers.

Buff leads the league at +7.  In 4 games. When you give a team 2 additional possessions per game, they ought to be 3-1. In fact, they ought to be 4-0.

On the other hand, Chiefs in 4 games: 4 INTs, 3 FUMs.  Minus 3 in the NFL cellar.

We know Patrick will be mindful... but he's a risk-taker. That's why he's great... that's why we love him.

The FUMs IMO are more responsible for 2 losses than the INTs considering CEH's untimely red zone error vs BAL.  

Looking forward to an evening of nervous pacing, cussing, and large volumes of beer come Sunday. Gonna be yuge.

I like KC in this game. Ran well against them last year & this oline is better. KC may be a team that works the clock so the other guy gets less touches. 41-38 KC.

I would like to see KC stop deferring. With this defense you are giving the other team momentum & confidence. Get the ball, take the lead and keep the lead. Give the defense a chance to start off with a lead.

We are learning to run the ball so I think we will keep it away from them somewhat. 
this is a game where kc likes to shut the haters up. It will be close but our defense is just flat out Terrible with no changes on the horizon.

41-31 Buffalo.

it will get easier for kc after this 

56 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

I like KC in this game. Ran well against them last year & this oline is better. KC may be a team that works the clock so the other guy gets less touches. 41-38 KC.

I would like to see KC stop deferring. With this defense you are giving the other team momentum & confidence. Get the ball, take the lead and keep the lead. Give the defense a chance to start off with a lead.

Agreed

Take the opening kickoff put points on the board and you put the pressure on them to keep up it also gets the crowd into it right from the start as well and a night crowd at Arrowhead can be tough to deal with.   They forced SD to punt on their first 2 drives if they can do that just once early with the crowd behind them it will be their game to lose.   

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

We are learning to run the ball so I think we will keep it away from them somewhat. 
this is a game where kc likes to shut the haters up. It will be close but our defense is just flat out Terrible with no changes on the horizon.

41-31 Buffalo.

it will get easier for kc after this 

Obviously hope you're wrong (and I know you do too) 

I think this is a game where we improve on turnover ratio... and Buff gets set back a bit

Arrowhead is still a difficult venue, and if we can keep the ball it will be a much different-looking team

running the ball well would be a great way to accomplish this... then we must STOP the run (for once)

Yeah, our defense has struggled but how much of that is because they've been on the field a lot more than normal

Buffalo barely beat winless Detroit, then they lost to winless Pitt last week

I'm not ready to crown Buff as AFC champs quite yet... but their defense is for real. Then again, our offense is for real. Gonna be a great game, if we can hold on to the ball.

12 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

Buffalo playing decent to great defense? Check.

Prime Time game embarrassments? Check.

Ben Niemann and Daniel Sorenson? Check, pending concussion.

Josh Allen a running QB who will make our pass rush look even more putrid? Check.

Buffalo 55

Kansas City 34

Is that a thing with Mahomes and Reid?  I remember the Packers a couple years ago and the Super Bowl, but seems like other than that we ball in the prime time.  I could be wrong.  

Both cornerback Rashad Fenton and linebacker Willie Gay Jr. are resuming practice on Wednesday, and the hope is that both will be able to play on defense this week against Josh Allen and company. Fenton has been out for a week with a concussion suffered during the team’s game in Week 3 against the Los Angeles Chargers. He was out for Week 4, but his presence back at practice makes it seem as if he’s going to be good to go for Sunday. If so, that’s an underrated addition of a guy who can play a number of spots in the Chiefs due to his versatility.

As for Gay, he’s missed the entire season so far with a toe injury that’s proved much tougher to get over than anyone initially thought after he left the game against the Minnesota Vikings. He’s been on injured reserve since before the season began, but now he’s back and able to practice. If the Chiefs can get Gay back in the heart of their defense this week, it will go a long way toward improving what has been a disappointing defense overall, especially since their linebackers have looked so poor in coverage.

As for Frank Clark and Charvarius Ward, both have missed the last two games with a hamstring injury and a quad injury, respectively. Fortunately they were in practice in previous weeks as well, which likely means they could have played if the game had been a bigger contest than it was.

2 hours ago, reesebobby said:

Is that a thing with Mahomes and Reid?  I remember the Packers a couple years ago and the Super Bowl, but seems like other than that we ball in the prime time.  I could be wrong.  

Plus how often have we lost by more than 8 points since Mahomes was our QB? The sb is the only time.

2 hours ago, reesebobby said:

It isn’t as regular a deal with Mahomes, but we did fall flat the last two times. Super Bowl and Baltimore.

15 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Both cornerback Rashad Fenton and linebacker Willie Gay Jr. are resuming practice on Wednesday, and the hope is that both will be able to play on defense this week against Josh Allen and company. Fenton has been out for a week with a concussion suffered during the team’s game in Week 3 against the Los Angeles Chargers. He was out for Week 4, but his presence back at practice makes it seem as if he’s going to be good to go for Sunday. If so, that’s an underrated addition of a guy who can play a number of spots in the Chiefs due to his versatility.

As for Gay, he’s missed the entire season so far with a toe injury that’s proved much tougher to get over than anyone initially thought after he left the game against the Minnesota Vikings. He’s been on injured reserve since before the season began, but now he’s back and able to practice. If the Chiefs can get Gay back in the heart of their defense this week, it will go a long way toward improving what has been a disappointing defense overall, especially since their linebackers have looked so poor in coverage.

As for Frank Clark and Charvarius Ward, both have missed the last two games with a hamstring injury and a quad injury, respectively. Fortunately they were in practice in previous weeks as well, which likely means they could have played if the game had been a bigger contest than it was.

If we can get all of those guys back... even in limited roles... it will be huge.

except for clark

he sucks

change my mind