Just now, Calichief said:

Easily worst game of mahomes era 

I'm listening to a post-game  and the host made an interesting point. He said maybe Mahomes is a little scared of making a mistake because he knows it will put more pressure on the defense.

He's a smart player, and I was sort thinking a similar thing. it's like he doesn't totally trust the receivers in certain situations. It's like he's just giving up on the throw so it won't get intercepted. Not really sure, but something was off. 

9 minutes ago, qnet said:

I'm listening to a post-game  and the host made an interesting point. He said maybe Mahomes is a little scared of making a mistake because he knows it will put more pressure on the defense.

He's a smart player, and I was sort thinking a similar thing. it's like he doesn't totally trust the receivers in certain situations. It's like he's just giving up on the throw so it won't get intercepted. Not really sure, but something was off. 

I would be willing to bet that is an issue with Pat. The whole offense knows they have to perfect. Too much thinking and not enough ballin..

17 minutes ago, artsy said:

I would be willing to bet that is an issue with Pat. The whole offense knows they have to perfect. Too much thinking and not enough ballin..

That's what I was thinking. Not trying to make excuses for Pat, but I've seen him dink and dunk the ball when he had to. Every QB has bad games. 

I remember the game when the Chiefs beat the Pats really bad at Arrowhead. Brady made some horrible throws in that game, that made no sense, and I was actually surprised seeing it. It happens to all QB's. 

42 minutes ago, qnet said:

That's what I was thinking. Not trying to make excuses for Pat, but I've seen him dink and dunk the ball when he had to. Every QB has bad games. 

I remember the game when the Chiefs beat the Pats really bad at Arrowhead. Brady made some horrible throws in that game, that made no sense, and I was actually surprised seeing it. It happens to all QB's. 

yea, not worried about the offense, I think they will get it together. It's the defense.

They gotta do something with Sorenson and get Gay up to speed to be the dime LB. NO MORE NIEMAN. Ward gets healthy and CJ comes back, (to play DT, hopefully) and just roll with that. If they still suck, then they suck. But my gawd, you gotta go with some better athletes. 

Offense seemed to get no rhythm going and Bills sort of played with the offensive attitude we used to employ. It felt like watching the playoff games with Smith in town. Reid needs to get back to the old school running game and see if we can salvage few things, the game plan was too predictable.

I'm pretty sure nobody can argue against the consistency of this defense. Literally no surprises as they keep coming up and doing the same thing over and over. 

On 10/7/2021 at 2:08 PM, oldtimer said:

yup 100% serious. I think their QB is everything MVPat has just a couple years behind in development + he has size and they have  equal if not better talent over all . I don't buy into  the  "have not played anyone yet" argument. Of course I hope I'm wrong and I sit down and watch a A+ game out of the entire team but I have every intention of breaking up the misery with  Sason 5 #1 episode of Seal Team at 9:00PM then turning back on to the game to  witness the end  and to get on here and read up on the B,B&Cing.

It's also my thinking is that a 3 year run of AFC CGs and being 2-1 in those and  1-1 in SB's makes for a pretty good stretch so the averages of the Chiefs  taking a step back are very good. Hell even the mighty Pats had a few of those years.

just my feelings

I re-read the entire thread, some posts are almost comical after the fact and with the weather delay my plan worked out to a T. except I only bothered watching the first 2 possessions, wasn't going to waste my time.

7 hours ago, qnet said:

all great points and I am sure there is some validity to them

42 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I re-read the entire thread, some posts are almost comical after the fact and with the weather delay my plan worked out to a T. except I only bothered watching the first 2 possessions, wasn't going to waste my time.

I could not stay awake past the rain delay.  Glad I got some sleep instead of watching that train-wreck of a game.

Had I stayed up to watch the 2nd half I would not have gone to sleep for hours due to extreme anger.

44 minutes ago, Obi Won Mahome said:

I could not stay awake past the rain delay.  Glad I got some sleep instead of watching that train-wreck of a game.

Had I stayed up to watch the 2nd half I would not have gone to sleep for hours due to extreme anger.

It was rough. I work 2nd shift so I'm used to staying up late. I stayed up, watched it all, stayed on this thread, and suffered through it all with everyone else, LOL. 

What made it worse is the Chiefs gave a glimmer of hope after the delay, but it fell apart. 

7 hours ago, sith13 said:

Offense seemed to get no rhythm going and Bills sort of played with the offensive attitude we used to employ. It felt like watching the playoff games with Smith in town. Reid needs to get back to the old school running game and see if we can salvage few things, the game plan was too predictable.

I'm pretty sure nobody can argue against the consistency of this defense. Literally no surprises as they keep coming up and doing the same thing over and over. 

Agreed. More running and play-action, less RPO

17 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

I have to say it is interesting watching these teams win their Super Bowl every weekend. These teams get really giddy after beating the Chiefs. Dancing, hooting and hollering. Shows the respect they HAD for us. 

Perhaps. Could also be more revenge & disrespect. They may feel they shut up the arrogant Chiefs. I feel that way about Brady and Manning. Just shut up about those guys. Sick of it.

16 hours ago, Calichief said:

Easily worst game of mahomes era 

God no, the Super Bowl was way worse.  If Niang does his job, there's no defensive interception, the Chiefs likely score there, and are back in the game. Hill's drop for a pick 6 was inexcusable too, but the Chiefs were in this game until mid 4th quarter, which was more than the Super Bowl.  We were so soundly beaten by Tampa that that game will haunt for a long time.  

1 hour ago, moons314 said:

God no, the Super Bowl was way worse.  If Niang does his job, there's no defensive interception, the Chiefs likely score there, and are back in the game. Hill's drop for a pick 6 was inexcusable too, but the Chiefs were in this game until mid 4th quarter, which was more than the Super Bowl.  We were so soundly beaten by Tampa that that game will haunt for a long time.  

Ok, 2nd worst