Offensive Pace

This is insane.  Our underlying numbers have us about 5 points per game ahead of anyone else, but we've been a little unlucky.  TOs are the biggest factor I think.  Also, this is points per game, but elsewhere I saw we have the fewest possessions.  We're also killing it in points per drive despite the TOs.  And I think the OL still has room for improvement.

The defensive doesn't need to be average.  It can be dumpster or fire, just not both.

Offense has been killing it. Our D looks worse than it is. They need to be 20 at least. But it doesn’t matter where they are in September. Only matters where they are in December. Contract year for a lot of those dudes. I expect a turn around.

14 hours ago, DieHard said:

Offense has been killing it. Our D looks worse than it is. They need to be 20 at least. But it doesn’t matter where they are in September. Only matters where they are in December. Contract year for a lot of those dudes. I expect a turn around.

We can hope, but Sorenson won't get faster, Ward won't look for the ball, Neiman won't be in the play, and Clark will have a hammy.  Some thing are just impossible to fix.  Maybe Gay can come back and Thornhill can get back his mojo.  Maybe Baker will pan out.  Too many maybes and ifs.  

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

We can hope, but Sorenson won't get faster, Ward won't look for the ball, Neiman won't be in the play, and Clark will have a hammy.  Some thing are just impossible to fix.  Maybe Gay can come back and Thornhill can get back his mojo.  Maybe Baker will pan out.  Too many maybes and ifs.  

Same issues as last year. We just need to be as good as last year. We only lost Breeland and our Sam (name escapes me). Decent players, but not game changers. No reason for this kind of drop off. Maybe it’s the loss of Kpass. 😁. This group has done what need need done. 

I really wasn't trying to have another "dump on the defense" thread.  We have enough of those.

The offense is quietly maybe better than ever, except for the turnovers.  That's reason for hope in spite of the defense.

But if we're going to talk about the defense, I do think it's at least somewhat fixable.  Too many mental mistakes, some effort things.  There's a path to being bottom third or bottom half instead of dead last, we just have to find it.