Take a seat, Clyde

57 minutes ago, artsy said:

^^This!

If I had to trade for a RB it would not be higher than a 5th/6th and that's only cause it's Marlon Mack and he's a solid RB. RB is one of the most physical positions in the NFL..At some point they will get hurt and miss significant time.

Agree. Then there is Balt. Top pick injured, second and third guy injured so they sign free agents and keep on running it.

2 hours ago, artsy said:

Yup, saw a few of those plays myself during the game. Pat is also guilty for his part of this shit show the last 4 wks. Holding the ball looking for the deep shots, locking on Hill and Kelce ONLY, not manipulating or stepping up in the pocket, etc, etc. Reid needs to get his team in order. Offense and Defense.

His footwork looks awful. Find a throw where he steps in to it and makes solid throw. Andy reid even mentioned it. He’ll be fine but he’s not exempt.

15 minutes ago, Calichief said:

His footwork looks awful. Find a throw where he steps in to it and makes solid throw. Andy reid even mentioned it. He’ll be fine but he’s not exempt.

He made that td throw I believe it was fading back to his right and throwing off his back foot only. He can do it but I agree, if he gets his footwork right he will throw a lot of good throws instead of a fantastic one every now and then.

3 hours ago, kkuenn said:

He made that td throw I believe it was fading back to his right and throwing off his back foot only. He can do it but I agree, if he gets his footwork right he will throw a lot of good throws instead of a fantastic one every now and then.

He dirted at least 7 balls in that game.

if you look at the video where he ignored McKinnon who was wide open, he makes an off balance dirt throw to kelce.

On 10/12/2021 at 12:34 PM, ChiefThunder said:

Mahomes really needs to work on footwork and pocket presence now rather than later in his career. He's not gonna be this mobile forever. He starting to look very sloppy when he climbs the pocket....looks undecided whether to step/slide up but ends up "running" and throws off balance

Chiefs need to give this up. Mahomes is thinking to much to include pre snap. Just let the phenom be who he is. If Brown cant handle it admit your mistake and get a tackle that can. 

1 hour ago, AFCWEST said:

Chiefs need to give this up. Mahomes is thinking to much to include pre snap. Just let the phenom be who he is. If Brown cant handle it admit your mistake and get a tackle that can. 

I get what you're saying,  but if he can learn to play within pocket,  it will definitely prolong his career. And that's what we want right?

10 hours ago, artsy said:

I get what you're saying,  but if he can learn to play within pocket,  it will definitely prolong his career. And that's what we want right?

Its so early on. I prefer to live in the now. The guy could get hurt playing golf. Yes help he play safer. What I see now is a QB that looks like a rookie. Be that a very talented rookie. Just let Mahomes be Mahomes. THe rules keep getting softer and the game keeps getting more high scoring.

2 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Its so early on. I prefer to live in the now. The guy could get hurt playing golf. Yes help he play safer. What I see now is a QB that looks like a rookie. Be that a very talented rookie. Just let Mahomes be Mahomes. THe rules keep getting softer and the game keeps getting more high scoring.

I agree he looks very uncomfortable and out of rhythm and HE's STILL among the leaders in the league with TD's and 6th in yards. When they decided to to rebuild the oline, I'm sure he was informed that he would have to "re-learn" some things. 

If/when the pocket breaks down, he can still do his "magic" thang..But that young oline is giving him some nice proctection pockets and he must learn how to use that protection. Furthermore, the oline we have now improves the running game, making the offense that much more deadly.

I love to see him improvise, but I sure did not like what I saw in the SB. That was ugly and could've got him killed.

2 hours ago, artsy said:

I agree he looks very uncomfortable and out of rhythm and HE's STILL among the leaders in the league with TD's and 6th in yards. When they decided to to rebuild the oline, I'm sure he was informed that he would have to "re-learn" some things. 

If/when the pocket breaks down, he can still do his "magic" thang..But that young oline is giving him some nice proctection pockets and he must learn how to use that protection. Furthermore, the oline we have now improves the running game, making the offense that much more deadly.

I love to see him improvise, but I sure did not like what I saw in the SB. That was ugly and could've got him killed.

One game is not worth over focusing on. Had Fisher & Schwartz played it would have looked different.

15 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

One game is not worth over focusing on. Had Fisher & Schwartz played it would have looked different.

Yes sir, I agree!

However, Fish and Schwartz are different Tackles. More agile, better footwork..Pass blockers.

Brown and Niang are powerful, straight line blockers..Run blockers.

With that being said, I was one of the first guys on here complaining about Browns lack of mobility and struggles against speed rushers. Saw it in TC and Preseason. Niang seems to struggle with the same type of defenders.

But you can't deny that the edges look a lot better in the run game. Hell, when's the last time you saw the chiefs run a pitch play to the outside?? (It's not their fault if CEH is too damn slow to get to the edge..) They've been doing it and doing it successfully.

There aren't too many tackles out there that can do both run/pass block at an all pro level. (The last one I saw was Big Willie Roaf)  Pat's been playing "his style" for a long time. It's gonna take awhile for him to get used to stepping up and standing strong in the pocket. The pocket is a very scary place..especially for someone like "Phat Pat".  But if he can do it, it now makes the offense 2 dimensional and extremely hard to stop. 

2 minutes ago, artsy said:

Yes sir, I agree!

However, Fish and Schwartz are different Tackles. More agile, better footwork..Pass blockers.

Brown and Niang are powerful, straight line blockers..Run blockers.

With that being said, I was one of the first guys on here complaining about Browns lack of mobility and struggles against speed rushers. Saw it in TC and Preseason. Niang seems to struggle with the same type of defenders.

But you can't deny that the edges look a lot better in the run game. Hell, when's the last time you saw the chiefs run a pitch play to the outside?? (It's not their fault if CEH is too damn slow to get to the edge..) They've been doing it and doing it successfully.

There aren't too many tackles out there that can do both run/pass block at an all pro level. (The last one I saw was Big Willie Roaf)  Pat's been playing "his style" for a long time. It's gonna take awhile for him to get used to stepping up and standing strong in the pocket. The pocket is a very scary place..especially for someone like "Phat Pat".  But if he can do it, it now makes the offense 2 dimensional and extremely hard to stop. 

Im no expert. Thus my avatar. Seems to me this offense was unstoppable with the MVP Mahomes. 

17 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

As much as I agree with this can you imagine the outcry of spending another first ( which it would undoubtedly take to get a first game starter) on a LT? If the Chiefs dot go whole hog  on Defense this next draft I might just set all 3 hairs I have left on my head on fire.

Just now, oldtimer said:

As much as I agree with this can you imagine the outcry of spending another first ( which it would undoubtedly take to get a first game starter) on a LT? If he Chiefs dot go whole hog  on Defense this next draft. I might just set all 3 hairs I have left on my head on fire

I dont think they need to do that. I see teams winning every week with their #1 tackle out. Brown is certainly good enough to do the job. I just dont like seeing Mahomes overthinking every part of the position. Let him loose. 

4 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

I dont think they need to do that. I see teams winning every week with their #1 tackle out. Brown is certainly good enough to do the job. I just dont like seeing Mahomes overthinking every part of the position. Let him loose. 

He's definitely not playing instinctual that is plain to see

I remember way back when Gunther tried to have DT play a "Falcon?" Lb spot? He sucked but got better when just allowed to get after the QB..same thing applies here I think