I really, really thought they would bench him coming out of the rain delay.. but no.

I just can't understand how Spags/Reid doesn't think that kinda shit doesn't send a terrible message to a defensive unit that knows it's struggling. How much damage does Dan need to do to lose his fucking JOB!! We've seen Reid bench players for FAR less...

IMO, the two most glaring problems on defense is this:
1. CJ playing at DE

2. Sorenson playing 100% of the snaps.

Fix it Andy. Take control of your team, please.

6 minutes ago, artsy said:

I really, really thought they would bench him coming out of the rain delay.. but no.

I just can't understand how Spags/Reid doesn't think that kinda shit doesn't send a terrible message to a defensive unit that knows it's struggling. How much damage does Dan need to do to lose his fucking JOB!! We've seen Reid bench players for FAR less...

IMO, the two most glaring problems on defense is this:
1. CJ playing at DE

2. Sorenson playing 100% of the snaps.

Fix it Andy. Take control of your team, please.

Not playing Thornhill and watts. 

Just now, azchief21 said:

This isn't on Sorenson. I'm sure he knows he sucks and is just as bewildered as we are as to why he keeps starting let alone that he's still in the NFL.

Yesterday he may have been the main culprit. He gave up two long  TDs. Want even close in his coverage. 
second half he has some terrible miss tackles. And a play where he blocked himself by tripping over his own feet (3rd down play where Allen leaped a defender). 

Just now, Palangi said:

Yesterday he may have been the main culprit. He gave up two long  TDs. Want even close in his coverage. 
second half he has some terrible miss tackles. And a play where he blocked himself by tripping over his own feet (3rd down play where Allen leaped a defender). 

Yes he was terrible. He's terrible every week. It's not his fault. I'm sure he's trying. It's Veach and Spags. He shouldn't be on the field to be toasted regularly. He couldn't play that bad in the NFL if he wasn't in the NFL yet he plays horribly and gets 100% of snaps. 

29 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Yes he was terrible. He's terrible every week. It's not his fault. I'm sure he's trying. It's Veach and Spags. He shouldn't be on the field to be toasted regularly. He couldn't play that bad in the NFL if he wasn't in the NFL yet he plays horribly and gets 100% of snaps. 

I agree Spags is at the top of the list for at fault with this. He is the one continuing to play him without hesitation

17 minutes ago, Palangi said:

It’s time to put Bolton in the middle with Gay and DOD on his sides. We definitely get faster this way

I like that.

4 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

That would be awesome. 
we need to shuffle d line too 

Agreed, and put Jones back at DT

Dan hasn't been good, nobody in the secondary has.  While there's no excuse for the missed tackles, coverage issues can be attributed to the fact that we have absolutely no pass rush.  On the long play where Sorensen blew coverage, Allen had the ball in his hand for like 8 seconds.  That doesn't sound like much, but that's an eternity in coverage.  While a year older for everyone can be attributed to some fall off, the entire secondary just doesn't fall off a cliff like this in a vacuum, the difference is the amount of time opposing QBs have to dissect the defense.  We've seen it with our own QB, if he has 6, 8, 10 seconds in the pocket, eventually someone is going to come open.    This isn't a defense of any one player, this is just the harsh reality that replacing just Sorensen, or just Neiman, won't change much, if anything, because pass rush is the problem.  If you can't get to the QB, there's no scheme that's going to work.  

1 hour ago, moons314 said:

Dan hasn't been good, nobody in the secondary has.  While there's no excuse for the missed tackles, coverage issues can be attributed to the fact that we have absolutely no pass rush.  On the long play where Sorensen blew coverage, Allen had the ball in his hand for like 8 seconds.  That doesn't sound like much, but that's an eternity in coverage.  While a year older for everyone can be attributed to some fall off, the entire secondary just doesn't fall off a cliff like this in a vacuum, the difference is the amount of time opposing QBs have to dissect the defense.  We've seen it with our own QB, if he has 6, 8, 10 seconds in the pocket, eventually someone is going to come open.    This isn't a defense of any one player, this is just the harsh reality that replacing just Sorensen, or just Neiman, won't change much, if anything, because pass rush is the problem.  If you can't get to the QB, there's no scheme that's going to work.  

Good points. When you give up 32.6/game and 437/game, the whole organization is to blame. It's just that Damn Sorenson is the worst of a terrible group. And we don't really know what affect replacing Neiman and Sorenson will do until they're replaced. There are a lot of missed tackles between those 2. A lot of open receivers they are chasing.