Well, I, for one, am done bitching about ole Dirty Dan.  At this point its all on Reid and Spags now. The whole damn world got a chance to see how bad this dude is. And it wasn't just one play..or two plays, or even 3 plays! It was all night, which is something most of us have been bitching about for the last 2 yrs.

Now, I don't know Dan personally, but he seems like a good guy that plays hard every single down. I would imagine that's why the coaches love him, hell that's why some of us love(d) him. But it has become painfully obvious that Dan's 100% is not good enough anymore. After all, he is 31 yrs old.  How many DBs have looked good after 31? Not many.

So....If Mr. Sorenson runs out on the field Sunday against the WFT with the starting defense, my anger and animosity will no longer be directed at Dan for his failures. It will be firmly directed at the head coach, Mr. Andy Reid. 

Sorry for being so hard on you, Dan.

That is all.

25 minutes ago, DieHard said:

I am bot down on Dan. He is an undrafted scrub if I remember right. My angst is with drafted players like Thornhill and Watts that can’t beat him out. 

The presumption that they can’t beat out Sorensen is nothing but assuming. Coaches play favorites. I think that is pretty obvious here. With Neimann too. 

1 hour ago, Palangi said:

The presumption that they can’t beat out Sorensen is nothing but assuming. Coaches play favorites. I think that is pretty obvious here. With Neimann too. 

Correct, this is frustrating.

i too do not get mad at sorenson, its not his fault they keep bringing him back every season and playing him. He isn’t a nfl caliber player, but he does play hard and thats really all you can ask. He is limited physically and limited as far as football iq goes but he does play hard

10 hours ago, Calichief said:

what in the actual fuck 

That "effort" by Clark pretty much confirms our worst fears. He has mailed it in. Dude does not give a fuck. He has a ring. He's paid. Now he is an arms dealer.

Last year he was terrible but I felt like he was still playing with effort. This is the type of thing that would be addressed ONE TIME,  and then he'd be released if I ran the show.

Unfortunately in the NFL the "patients run the asylum." We invested too much draft capital and too much money to do that in season. 

13 hours ago, Palangi said:

The depth chart isn't a presumption. Whether it is attitude, physical issue, missed assignments... whatever. There is a list of guys who beat out other guys called the depth chart. 

14 hours ago, artsy said:

Well, I, for one, am done bitching about ole Dirty Dan.  At this point its all on Reid and Spags now. The whole damn world got a chance to see how bad this dude is. And it wasn't just one play..or two plays, or even 3 plays! It was all night, which is something most of us have been bitching about for the last 2 yrs.

Now, I don't know Dan personally, but he seems like a good guy that plays hard every single down. I would imagine that's why the coaches love him, hell that's why some of us love(d) him. But it has become painfully obvious that Dan's 100% is not good enough anymore. After all, he is 31 yrs old.  How many DBs have looked good after 31? Not many.

So....If Mr. Sorenson runs out on the field Sunday against the WFT with the starting defense, my anger and animosity will no longer be directed at Dan for his failures. It will be firmly directed at the head coach, Mr. Andy Reid. 

Sorry for being so hard on you, Dan.

That is all.

Agree completely. 

Dirty Dan is doing what he has been doing throughout his career. If it's an occasional bad game the coaches would get a pass but keeping Dan on the field after so much consistent sucking is entirely on Spags & Reid. 

8 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

That "effort" by Clark pretty much confirms our worst fears. He has mailed it in. Dude does not give a fuck. He has a ring. He's paid. Now he is an arms dealer.

Last year he was terrible but I felt like he was still playing with effort. This is the type of thing that would be addressed ONE TIME,  and then he'd be released if I ran the show.

Unfortunately in the NFL the "patients run the asylum." We invested too much draft capital and too much money to do that in season. 

Wasn't the "patients running the asylum" what ultimately got Reid run out of Philly, when his team just fell apart at the end?  I'm not at all suggesting firing Reid, just acknowledging an interesting parallel to his last year in Philly.