54 minutes ago, dhitter said:

One of the biggest problems I have is Andy makes it seem like the only issue we have is turnovers. Take care of that and they are good. Certainly the turnovers are a huge issue. But having an historically bad defense isn't a concern?

That is true. And has the D gotten a single turnover. I don’t remember a pick or strip. They used to give up yards but got picks before. Communication and knowing assignments has dropped off so bad. We do have some new blood in the secondary but only lost Breeland. It doesn’t make a lot of sense. 

1 minute ago, DieHard said:

That is true. And has the D gotten a single turnover. I don’t remember a pick or strip. They used to give up yards but got picks before. Communication and knowing assignments has dropped off so bad. We do have some new blood in the secondary but only lost Breeland. It doesn’t make a lot of sense. 

Badger got 2 IIRC Vs the Ravens

1 hour ago, moons314 said:

Wasn't the "patients running the asylum" what ultimately got Reid run out of Philly, when his team just fell apart at the end?  I'm not at all suggesting firing Reid, just acknowledging an interesting parallel to his last year in Philly.  

I just mean that these guys are filthy rich, and do what they want. Reids team is showing uncommon issues with discipline on the field, but I attribute most of that to him being so focused on the offense and giving Spags the keys to the defense.

3 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I just mean that these guys are filthy rich, and do what they want. Reids team is showing uncommon issues with discipline on the field, but I attribute most of that to him being so focused on the offense and giving Spags the keys to the defense.

valid point..it was DV's undoing with GRob

6 hours ago, Calichief said:

come on man..

He's not wrong.  Dan has had his share of mistakes, but there's not a safety in the league that was going to cover Diggs on that post route.  The lack of pass rush is going to cause major problems on the back end in pass coverage.  Sorensen's missed tackles are way more concerning to me than lapses in coverage.  On pass plays, the front 4-5 are simply not getting the job done, and making the job on the back end impossible.  Until they figure out how to speed up the quarterback, guys are going to get open.  It's a tough reality. 

Just now, moons314 said:

He's not wrong.  Dan has had his share of mistakes, but there's not a safety in the league that was going to cover Diggs on that post route.  The lack of pass rush is going to cause major problems on the back end in pass coverage.  Sorensen's missed tackles are way more concerning to me than lapses in coverage.  On pass plays, the front 4-5 are simply not getting the job done, and making the job on the back end impossible.  Until they figure out how to speed up the quarterback, guys are going to get open.  It's a tough reality. 

Why is Dan playing deep? Why is he covering diggs? Thornhill has the speed and coverage skills to do that. Not Dan. He’s also been lost multiple times. 

2 hours ago, moons314 said:

Did you see the replay? Sorenson wasn't covering any fucking body on that post route. He was on the field and that's about all you can say. 

WHAT really disappointed me in this game from Dan, wasn't the obvious coverage blunders he had. I'm used to that. 

It was that 3rd down after the Chiefs made the score 31-20 and Buffalo had the ball deep on their half. He blitzed on this play, and was able to come free only to chase Allen all the way until he reached the 1st down. 

How, how do you let Josh Allen out run you 12+ yards for the first down. You're an NFL DB, and Josh Allen is faster than you????

50 minutes ago, Chiefmanzada said:

WHAT really disappointed me in this game from Dan, wasn't the obvious coverage blunders he had. I'm used to that. 

It was that 3rd down after the Chiefs made the score 31-20 and Buffalo had the ball deep on their half. He blitzed on this play, and was able to come free only to chase Allen all the way until he reached the 1st down. 

How, how do you let Josh Allen out run you 12+ yards for the first down. You're an NFL DB, and Josh Allen is faster than you????

Allen was and is bigger. 

16 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Did you see the replay? Sorenson wasn't covering any fucking body on that post route. He was on the field and that's about all you can say. 

The play where he faked the blitz then tried to drop out into coverage from the line, and he just wasn't fast enough to get there? 

19 hours ago, Calichief said:

Why is Dan playing deep? Why is he covering diggs? Thornhill has the speed and coverage skills to do that. Not Dan. He’s also been lost multiple times. 

Isn't that a question for the DC?  If you're giving up slow developing deep balls, the defensive front has to contribute.  There's no pressure.  The play where Sorensen quit covering because he appeared to think the play was over, yes, that's absolutely inexcusable on his part, but if the QB doesn't have time to have a drink before throwing the ball, that never happens.  Back ends break down if they're asked to cover for 8-10-12 or longer seconds.  It sucks but it's a fact.  

38 minutes ago, moons314 said:

The play where he faked the blitz then tried to drop out into coverage from the line, and he just wasn't fast enough to get there? 

Yeah. Why is Spags moving him around like he is some kind of chess piece and weapon that's gonna distract the qb and then go lock down a WR in the slot?

On 10/15/2021 at 2:32 PM, Iluvhouse24 said:

Yeah. Why is Spags moving him around like he is some kind of chess piece and weapon that's gonna distract the qb and then go lock down a WR in the slot?

That's a legit question.  I know Spags has the reputation as a king of deception, but we don't have the pieces for the deception to work.  If you fake the blitz on one side and back out, you better have someone somewhere that can create pressure or the entire thing was completely pointless.  QBs know the Chiefs have no pass rush, so when you fake the blitz and back out, the QB isn't sped up, he just patiently lets the play develop.  Our defense just isn't disrupting the timing at all of anything.