Reading some of the comments it is very interesting to see that Buffalo deployed zone coverage and only rushed 4 almost every snap. 
Why can’t our line block 4? 
why can’t we beat this coverage and make them pay? Reid and Co knew this was excactly what teams would do going into this season. 
Mahomes doesn’t look right. I’m not sure if he not happy with the play calls or what. 
He knows they have to score with our shitty defense but I think it’s more to do with being able to beat these type of coverages and planning. Maybe I’m wrong. 
there were again turnovers and guys dropping balls. I think as others have mentioned things are too much family and need to shake it up as if there jobs were on the line. 

20 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

Reading some of the comments it is very interesting to see that Buffalo deployed zone coverage and only rushed 4 almost every snap. 
why can’t we beat this coverage and make them pay? Reid and Co knew this was excactly what teams would do going into this season. 
Mahomes doesn’t look right. I’m not sure if he not happy with the play calls or what. 
He knows they have to score with our shitty defense but I think it’s more to do with being able to beat these type of coverages and planning. Maybe I’m wrong. 
there were again turnovers and guys dropping balls. I think as others have mentioned things are too much family and need to shake it up as if there jobs were on the line. 

We can't beat this coverage because 1) play design/play calling 2) no other receiver outside of Kelce can't find the open space 3) not running ball enough 4) no play-action 5) Mahomes is not taking what the defenses are giving him and he's holding onto the ball way too long

They simply focused on a single aspect and succeeded. When you are the team to beat and only give away one area that the opposition needs to focus on they are going to find a way to beat you. Allen had some great throws but even without those Bills were the more complete team.

Shotgun running game is a disaster. Allows plenty of time for LBs to clog holes. The whole QB option handoff is slow and Mahomes is never going to be Lamar Jackson. We need a more traditional formation.

Our WRs outside Hill are awful. I think a lot of Mahomes scrambling is to throw guys open. What happened to Gray at TE? Fortson seems to be the TE2 now.

1 hour ago, ChiefThunder said:

We can't beat this coverage because 1) play design/play calling 2) no other receiver outside of Kelce can't find the open space 3) not running ball enough 4) no play-action 5) Mahomes is not taking what the defenses are giving him and he's holding onto the ball way too long

He does need to use the backs more. Get 5-8 yards a pop like Tom used to. We DO NOT throw to the backs nearly enough.

Collinsworth made a good point last night. He said the underneath stuff was there all night, but it's hard for the Chiefs to be patient and stick with it. From my understanding, running the ball, and hitting the shorter routes help against 2 deep zone or whatever they call it. 

Once play I noticed late in the game was a nice screen play. It looked like a classic old-school Andy Reid type of play when Alex Smith was the QB. They need  to do more of that IMO, and then things may open up. Even if they have to do it the whole game, Mahomes can do it. 

The Chiefs have scared/embarrassed these teams so much that they're not going to allow the deep stuff as much. The Chiefs have to adjust.

5 minutes ago, qnet said:

Collinsworth made a good point last night. He said the underneath stuff was there all night, but it's hard for the Chiefs to be patient and stick with it. From my understanding, running the ball, and hitting the shorter routes help against 2 deep zone or whatever they call it. 

Once play I noticed late in the game was a nice screen play. It looked like a classic old-school Andy Reid type of play when Alex Smith was the QB. They need  to do more of that IMO, and then things may open up. Even if they have to do it the whole game, Mahomes can do it. 

The Chiefs have scared/embarrassed these teams so much that they're not going to allow the deep stuff as much. The Chiefs have to adjust.

Exactly that. Reid isn't game planning for the short/intermediate game. We need to go oldschool and set up the deep ball by running the ball, screens, slants, play-action, less RPO, etc.. 2 deep zone isn't some new defensive scheme, but we're playing like it is.

18 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

If Derrick Henry was drafted by the Chiefs he'd be an unknown because Andy would only call his number 7 times a game.  Best way to open up the pass game is force their hand and run behind the interior of our line. IMO

Exactly. Chiefs need to watch what Brandon Staley says about physicality 

4 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

Offense has been good except for turnovers. Thats it. Eliminate the Ints and fumbles.

We are 1 TD from being tied for first place in the NFL. We have some pass blocking issues and of course drops and fumbles, but the offense is in pretty good shape. Now yesterday was a game where you can't score 13 in the whole first half. That was mostly pass blocking and miscommunication between Pat and WRs.

Oline looks much more comfortable run blocking than pass blocking. Unfortunately, I think that will continue. the concerning thing is we get no pressure with four and are always under pressure by four. Hopefully that gets better.