Most reasonable expectations - wild card?

I think it's safe to accept that a bye is no longer a possibility, and probably not another division title.  So,  maybe the Chiefs hang in on enough wins to get a wild card slot. Offense in the he playoffs clicks again,  defense steps up just enough to string together a couple of mediocre games in a row and we get to win a game or two in the playoffs? 

2 minutes ago, AlwaysChiefs said:

I think it's safe to accept that a bye is no longer a possibility, and probably not another division title.  So,  maybe the Chiefs hang in on enough wins to get a wild card slot. Offense in the he playoffs clicks again,  defense steps up just enough to string together a couple of mediocre games in a row and we get to win a game or two in the playoffs? 

I predicted 11-6 wild card and still winning it all. TB started poorly last year. With Mahomes anything is possible. That 2018 team should have been in the superbowl. This team can do it.

1 minute ago, AlwaysChiefs said:

Hopefully we get into the dance. We still have 5 division games left. Looks like tie breakers arnt in our favour either. 

Just now, Biggjliv4 said:

I think this next game will tell a lot. If we continue to send out Dan and Nieman instead of Thornhill and Gay then we won't even make the playoffs because they aren't willing to to concede change must occur. 

That plus what changes they make on offense. Apparently Reid and mahomes saying receivers and mahomes not on same page. So not sure what the heck is going on but this cover 2 zone rushing only 4 is creating issues for the offense. 

2 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

That plus what changes they make on offense. Apparently Reid and mahomes saying receivers and mahomes not on same page. So not sure what the heck is going on but this cover 2 zone rushing only 4 is creating issues for the offense. 

You know what's more sad?

Buffalo played nickel and some dime all freaking night and was able to bottle up our running game! That my friends is how a front 4 is supposed to play!

Lol as said earlier, look at TB last year. We have 12 games left. 5 division games. We win the division and get a 3rd see. Plenty of time to get it going and the line will only get better. The first half of our schedule was the hard part. We come out say 8-3 or 7-4 we will be fine. Beat Chargers and sweep the rest we will be fine. 

I said 12-5 and a 3rd seed because of a tie breaker loss.. that might need to be revised. No way we win the AFCW...6th seed ...mayyyyyybe?

unless they show marked improvement as the season progresses I'd rather just see good draft picks and reload..screw the playoffs.

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

I said 12-5 and a 3rd seed because of a tie breaker loss.. that might need to be revised. No way we win the AFCW...6th seed ...mayyyyyybe?

unless they show marked improvement as the season progresses I'd rather just see good draft picks and reload..screw the playoffs.

Who does the drafting? Need a different approach.

Just now, Thegoatee said:

I’d sacrifice a playoff birth if it meant total overhaul of the defense, including coaching.

^^^^^ this but Spags will be going now where EB is going nowhere he must be unhirable..ther maybe a few sacrificial lambs not any major changes

Just now, KC Warpaint said:

i am more worried about next season and beyond, we have a lot to do in regard to the defensive side of the ball and the chargers look to have finally put the whole thing together, Coach, QB, Defense etc...they ain't going anywhere for a while. We need upgrades

the Bolts and Bills have been built to beat us..gonna be a slugfest these next several years

Just now, AFCWEST said:

Who does the drafting? Need a different approach.

Good question but the FA and trade acquisitions on D are doing nothing. Reed is invisible and I think acquiring Hughes and Baker was lazy.  It's almost like Veach said they were former 1st rounders, they must be good. But in reality there is a reason why teams let 1st rounders go. They were definitely draft mistakes. 

3 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Good question but the FA and trade acquisitions on D are doing nothing. Reed is invisible and I think acquiring Hughes and Baker was lazy.  It's almost like Veach said they were former 1st rounders, they must be good. But in reality there is a reason why teams let 1st rounders go. They were definitely draft mistakes. 

One mans trash is another mans treasure.

6 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

the Bolts and Bills have been built to beat us..gonna be a slugfest these next several years

Good point. The Bolts and Bills realized they needed to do something to help control Mahomes despite already having really good QBs. The Chiefs philosophy? We good. We have Mahomes. We'll dominate. The league is bringing Mahomes backward (though still very good) while our D is making HOFers out of every QB we face.

3 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Good point. The Bolts and Bills realized they needed to do something to help control Mahomes despite already having really good QBs. The Chiefs philosophy? We good. We have Mahomes. We'll dominate. The league is bringing Mahomes backward (though still very good) while our D is making HOFers out of every QB we face.

EXACTLY