Most reasonable expectations - wild card?

Eh Chiefs are fine. Will walk into the playoffs. 

Besides the Eagles we’ve been playing AFC playoff team. All who were entirely focused on beating us. 

Should have won 2 of those 3 games if we didn’t turn the ball over at crucial points .

Bitchin for nothin lmao. It’s early October.

On 10/11/2021 at 5:52 PM, Chiefmanzada said:

Eh Chiefs are fine. Will walk into the playoffs. 

Besides the Eagles we’ve been playing AFC playoff team. All who were entirely focused on beating us. 

Should have won 2 of those 3 games if we didn’t turn the ball over at crucial points .

Bitchin for nothin lmao. It’s early October.

Take off the rose colored glasses.  Shows over.  This team, Mahomes included, is in shambles right now.  9-8 at best.  More like 7-10.  

Our biggest opponent is still the turnovers, lost 2 games for basically the fun of it. Once they are under control this is still a great offense. I don't think we'll miss out on the playoffs but this defense sure can't stop anyone in the playoffs. May be one win and we are out but could never know as some coaching decisions might do wonders. 

24 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Our biggest opponent is still the turnovers, lost 2 games for basically the fun of it. Once they are under control this is still a great offense. I don't think we'll miss out on the playoffs but this defense sure can't stop anyone in the playoffs. May be one win and we are out but could never know as some coaching decisions might do wonders. 

Yup, I mean we lose to the Ravens as we were driving for the win because of the fumble.  We turn it over 4 times, had an awful PI call against us and still only lost on a last second TD to the chargers and yet another 4 turnovers against the Bills which didn't give us a shot.  No team wins in those situations.  We obviously can't guarantee the turnovers will just stop, but if they do we'll be ok and I don't think teams will want to see us in the playoffs in the wild card slot.

59 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Adversity builds character. This teams needs a kick in the ass and they need to get pissed. They have been floating on the praises of the media far too long. Get to work!

I was thinking about this; and I agree. This may be a good thing. You would have thought the super bowl would have done it, but it clearly didn’t. As much as the defense is an issue, the offense needs to diversify and Tampa showed teams how to somewhat slow things down and test mahomes and Reid’s patience.

1 hour ago, dhitter said:

Adversity builds character. This teams needs a kick in the ass and they need to get pissed. They have been floating on the praises of the media far too long. Get to work!

I would say adversity can build character or destroy you. Its not a given. 

1 hour ago, dhitter said:

So what do you think knowing what you know about this franchise? Are they gonna fight back or fold?

Its individual and team. Not everyone responds the same. Franchise is a class act. Franchise does not determine every members response. 

50 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Its individual and team. Not everyone responds the same. Franchise is a class act. Franchise does not determine every members response. 

You're measuring your answer too much my friend. True.....you cannot speak for each player....but there also is the "team". How will the team respond?

10 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

I don't think there's a chance of overcoming just how bad this defense is. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Yup, I'm concerned too!

Benching Dan and Gay coming back will help a little, but the main problem with the defense resides with the front 4.  No pass rush and no push/block shedding in the run game. 

It's perplexing because Nnadi and Saunders weren't this bad last year. I saw Jarren Reed play in seattle last year before the injury and he was waaaaay better there. It's like these guys have just decided to stop playing hard. 

Without those guys playing with some damn passion and determination, it won't matter who the LBs are. How in the hell can Bolton/Gay or sorry ass Hitchens do anything when all they see once the ball is snapped is Reed and Nnadi's ASS in their face!