Marcus Maye

3 hours ago, oldtimer said:

just got a DUI  and is an UFA next year..FUCK THAT!

A 6th round pick for a guy 11 games from being an UFA really isn't that bad of a deal.  The majority of 6th rounders end up languishing on the practice squad for a couple years at best.  As for the DUI, meh.  I've never been one to give a crap about off the field stuff, all I care about is can you perform on Sunday. 

58 minutes ago, moons314 said:

A 6th round pick for a guy 11 games from being an UFA really isn't that bad of a deal.  The majority of 6th rounders end up languishing on the practice squad for a couple years at best.  As for the DUI, meh.  I've never been one to give a crap about off the field stuff, all I care about is can you perform on Sunday. 

Plus it could be contingent on a deal done too. He won’t cost near as much as HB. And he is younger and more athletic. 

On 10/13/2021 at 8:40 PM, CranjisMcbasketball said:

I wish to god we could trade frank clark and a 5th for nothing just to get him and his contract off the roster

2nd time I've seen this suggestion on this board and, again, it won't help.  Salary is already guaranteed for this year.  Cutable this offseason but not before.  Besides there's no way CJ can be moved back inside without Clark taking reps at end.  Also, while his contract sucks ass, it's a sunk cost at this point and he is typically at least league average, which is more than we can say about the rest of our ends not named Danna.  The point is to win games not make your team worse with no gain from it.

4 hours ago, xen said:

2nd time I've seen this suggestion on this board and, again, it won't help.  Salary is already guaranteed for this year.  Cutable this offseason but not before.  Besides there's no way CJ can be moved back inside without Clark taking reps at end.  Also, while his contract sucks ass, it's a sunk cost at this point and he is typically at least league average, which is more than we can say about the rest of our ends not named Danna.  The point is to win games not make your team worse with no gain from it.

Thats why i added the wish to god part.

For what is worth overthecap website says a trade saves 19 mil against the cap this year and 19 next year, but you can never trust these websites fully. If that was an actual thing i would no brainer try to trade this guy and roll over the cap gains to next year. Clark adds nothing positive to the team that bringing back taco charlton or any random nfl caliber body couldnt add