Week 6 starting defense.

I'm curious if this is the week we have everyone available?  Clark, Gay, Jones, Ward.  Will it actually make a difference with how they perform?  Will Spags actually pressure someone in the first half.  He seems to be very vanilla in the first half then, when that shit doesn't work he dials it up in the 2nd.  I'd like to see him start a game like that.  Take some damn risks, because what they are doing sure as hell is not working!  They are already getting burnt like crazy anyways!

2 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

You mean like...a playoff berth? How are we not at the point where we have something to lose? We're in last place in our division...

I mean the defense, should may be state it explicitly :)

Defense is already non-existent so the worst case scenario is the opponent takes one less play to score a TD which isn't a risk.

I think Neme will again get very few snaps. Gay has reduced that bleeding. Dirty Dan will likely out snap Thornhill, but if Thornhill can make a play he could start cutting into that. They saw Thornhill on 46% of the snaps, but I don't now how he did. Didn't hear his name, but that can be a good thing for DBs. I am curious if Jones plays more inside. I would love to see him and Wharton switch once in a while. Wharton seems like a nicer fit at DE to me and Jones a better fit at DT. Hopefully we don't have to issue an Amber Alert for a missing Reed again. 

6 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

You mean like...a playoff berth? How are we not at the point where we have something to lose? We're in last place in our division...

By 2 games with a game still to play against the Chargers and another 11 games after that too. Sheesh

I think Thornhill starts.   Spags can say what he wants but if he trots Dan out there again he might very well lose the players.   They all watch film, they all see the horrid play.   Same with Gay.   It was easier for Spags with Ben because Gay was injured but now that he is back I expect to see less snaps for both.   If not we have a serious problem with coaching.   I'm not saying I know more that those guys, because I don't, but leadership in general says you have to try something else if this isnt working and these guys are all professional so sit the glaring holes and see what happens.   Shoot I would start Saunders on the dline over Reed and Nnadi at this point too.

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

I think Thornhill starts.   Spags can say what he wants but if he trots Dan out there again he might very well lose the players.   They all watch film, they all see the horrid play.   Same with Gay.   It was easier for Spags with Ben because Gay was injured but now that he is back I expect to see less snaps for both.   If not we have a serious problem with coaching.   I'm not saying I know more that those guys, because I don't, but leadership in general says you have to try something else if this isnt working and these guys are all professional so sit the glaring holes and see what happens.   Shoot I would start Saunders on the dline over Reed and Nnadi at this point too.

Also the media and fans in KC applying pressure. Reid knows they need to change up personal but how much he does we will see. 

9 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

The pictures of HB throwing up his hands as if saying WTF to Sorensen is enough to see the players are miffed with him. 

3 hours ago, ChiefThunder said:

Thuney is playing but Jones can't!? Some are just built different 

A hand injury is a lot different than a wrist injury.  I have fought with both, and wrists are nasty.  Hands are easily splinted and wrapped so Thuney may play...it will eliminate holding with that hand anyway.  The wrist absorbs all the torque from the hand.  Gotta let it heal. 

6 hours ago, Joe_Chief said:

A hand injury is a lot different than a wrist injury.  I have fought with both, and wrists are nasty.  Hands are easily splinted and wrapped so Thuney may play...it will eliminate holding with that hand anyway.  The wrist absorbs all the torque from the hand.  Gotta let it heal. 

Agree. It’s impossible to push with one arm. There is no way to apply pressure    or hand fight with one arm.