Thornhill to start.

Just now, oldtimer said:

seen it coming. After acoach or anybody for that matter gets a vote of confidence from their boss it usually comes with replacement. I just hope Thornhill is not a lateral move

Thornhill has some issues but he should be around the timetable for a full recovery from that sort of injury so hopefully speed is not one of those issues.

I'm hoping for the best, but I don't think changing safeties accomplishes as much as everyone wants, because we still have no pass rush, and Jones is inactive again making a bad pass rush worse.  Luckily the Redskins suck, and yes, I will forever call them the Redskins,  Fuck the "football team". 

2 minutes ago, moons314 said:

I'm hoping for the best, but I don't think changing safeties accomplishes as much as everyone wants, because we still have no pass rush, and Jones is inactive again making a bad pass rush worse.  Luckily the Redskins suck, and yes, I will forever call them the Redskins,  Fuck the "football team". 

True. 
hopefully spags sends some timely blitzes and creates pressure because as u said we got none with the front 4. 

1 minute ago, Holmes4six! said:

True. 
hopefully spags sends some timely blitzes and creates pressure because as u said we got none with the front 4. 

He has to actually send the blitz though, and stop with this garbage of faking the blitz and trying to drop guys back in coverage late.  

1 hour ago, Thegoatee said:

Amazing what happens when Dan plays less. Now, if Niemann isn’t in, other stupid big plays may cease. Was the lone TD Niemann’s fault or did a safety blow coverage?

Lol..looked like blown coverage. Yes, the less Nieman we see the better. I believe Gay is supposed to be the Dime LB, so Gay needs to get up to speed so we can say goodbye to Mr. Nieman.

21 minutes ago, artsy said:

Lol..looked like blown coverage. Yes, the less Nieman we see the better. I believe Gay is supposed to be the Dime LB, so Gay needs to get up to speed so we can say goodbye to Mr. Nieman.

Even DoD would be better than Neimann. At least he has speed

7 hours ago, DieHard said:

This is good. I hope Thornhill plays well. Niang was not playing RT at the level Remmers was last year, but can Remmers repeat last years performance? TBD. An injury to Niang seems more likely than a straight benching.

Thornhill played well. Hope he stays as the starter. WFT has a solid receiving corps... held them to 180 yds

1 hour ago, Palangi said:

Even DoD would be better than Neimann. At least he has speed

I honestly cannot help but wonder if some of this is Spags showing clear favoritism. Niemann and Sorenson were on the field together the last 2 series. It's like Spags HAD to get them some playing time. Because those are his guys. 

It's BLATANT that this is a more effective defense with Gay and Thornhill on the field than those 2. There's no way this staff doesn't see it too.

You would think a coach worried about winning would be doing everything possible to get personnel groupings onto the field where they both stayed on the sideline.

I'm fuckin sick of it bro. And I'm sick of the media in this city not asking the tough questions. Spags should have his feet held to the fire. Those 2 players are without question a detriment to this team. It's not even arguable anymore.

It's a passing league and those 2 players are fucking HORRENDOUS in coverage. We aren't gonna play Washington every week. If we take a step back next week because Spagnuolo decides he needs to work those 2 back into the game plan more, I'm gonna lose my shit.

16 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I honestly cannot help but wonder if some of this is Spags showing clear favoritism. Niemann and Sorenson were on the field together the last 2 series. It's like Spags HAD to get them some playing time. Because those are his guys. 

It's BLATANT that this is a more effective defense with Gay and Thornhill on the field than those 2. There's no way this staff doesn't see it too.

You would think a coach worried about winning would be doing everything possible to get personnel groupings onto the field where they both stayed on the sideline.

I'm fuckin sick of it bro. And I'm sick of the media in this city not asking the tough questions. Spags should have his feet held to the fire. Those 2 players are without question a detriment to this team. It's not even arguable anymore.

It's a passing league and those 2 players are fucking HORRENDOUS in coverage. We aren't gonna play Washington every week. If we take a step back next week because Spagnuolo decides he needs to work those 2 back into the game plan more, I'm gonna lose my shit.

Neimann wouldn’t even make a practice squad on other teams. And that probably where Sorensen would be. But for us Spags has tried his hardest to make them the stars.

Every time a team runs a screen they hit it big. Why? Because those two run from contract. Our D line is too slow. Yet on 3rd down long distant plays those two are or done LBers in the game. Unbelievable!  Screens or isolating either of those two gets a team a first down every time. 

13 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

And I'm sick of the media in this city not asking the tough questions. Spags should have his feet held to the fire.

Exactly. Why not "Sorenson and Nieman are terrible. They aren't NFL quality players. Why do you give them so many snaps?"

Also "Why are your blitzes so obvious? Teams know what you're going to call and throw where the blitz came from and complete short passes and run forever."

Maybe: "Why do your players rarely seem to know their coverage responsibilities?"