Thornhill to start.

On 10/17/2021 at 7:04 PM, azchief21 said:

Exactly. Why not "Sorenson and Nieman are terrible. They aren't NFL quality players. Why do you give them so many snaps?"

Also "Why are your blitzes so obvious? Teams know what you're going to call and throw where the blitz came from and complete short passes and run forever."

Maybe: "Why do your players rarely seem to know their coverage responsibilities?"

FB_pCRdVUAAepXQ?format=jpg&name=small

19 minutes ago, DieHard said:

We play 3 safeties quite a bit and Watts is worse than Neimann. I am guessing we see HB and Thorhill 100% and Dan 50% from here on out.

How can we say that watts is worse ? He never gets a chance. And if we are choosing to go off coaches decision, we’ll that doesn’t say much.

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

How can we say that watts is worse ? He never gets a chance. And if we are choosing to go off coaches decision, we’ll that doesn’t say much.

That’s a fair statement. An assumption by me. When injuries happen and they convert a CB to safety to keep him off the field, I assume he is ST only kind of guy. 

4 hours ago, mex said:

I’d move him to LB and bench Neimann 

Kind of what he used to do as the third safety which spags was using.  He played a lot down low.  Was effective there.  Get back to that and he's OK.  

We know what he looks like with extended play and Drake does NOT approve.

6 minutes ago, xen said:

Kind of what he used to do as the third safety which spags was using.  He played a lot down low.  Was effective there.  Get back to that and he's OK.  

We know what he looks like with extended play and Drake does NOT approve.

he can cover crossing routes across the middle and even in to the flats, better than most LBs. He can stuff runs and blitz at least as good as an average LB... he just can't cover the deeper routes on his own... needs safety help, like most LBs

worth a try IMO

3 minutes ago, mex said:

he can cover crossing routes across the middle and even in to the flats, better than most LBs. He can stuff runs and blitz at least as good as an average LB... he just can't cover the deeper routes on his own... needs safety help, like most LBs

worth a try IMO

No I was agreeing.  Just saying that's basically where he was when he was effective.  3rd safety but in effect he was playing as a dime backer.

14 minutes ago, xen said:

No I was agreeing.  Just saying that's basically where he was when he was effective.  3rd safety but in effect he was playing as a dime backer.

Oh yeah I know you were agreeing... just pointing out that in light of certain positional deficits, sorensen could still fill a roll... 

putting him into those dime situations could be an effective option