Chiefs vs redskins game day thread.

13 minutes ago, VIChiefsFan said:

A win is a win, but I am still concerned about what is going through the heads of our players and coaches.  Seems to be a lack of preparation, focus, and good decision making.

I think some of them are just anxious and pressing too hard, not wanting to make mistakes. 

I try to be realistic, but also try to see some positives. The defense, missing some key starters;  at least played well against a bad offensive team. Imagine if they got lit up like last week. 

I think Mahomes learned after that 2nd bad INT that he had to calm down, and just take what the defense gave him. He still was Mahomes, but made better decisions in the 2nd half IMO. 

11 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

maybe not a playoff team but they'll be over 500

I think this team still has potential to go far.  On paper we shouldn't be worse than last year. Everyone just needs to get their minds right.  Now that teams have adapted to what Mahomes and Hill are doing, it is time for us to adapt to what the other defenses are doing.  Spags is old, I don't see this defense being better than the bottom quarter of the league.

48 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

maybe not a playoff team but they'll be over 500

This team finished the toughest part of its schedule 1 game out of first in the division.  While they blew any opportunity at getting the top 1 or 2 seeds in the afc, this team is still the favorite to win the division.  

First half?  Three turnovers and terrible defense.  Second half?  Much better defense and three TDs plus might have had a fourth if not for just running out the clock.  Hard to know if this team can make a turn around or if they will be mediocre all year.  Why didn't Gordon play?  Why Neiman instead of Bolton?  Why Sorenson instead of Watt?   Is Gay on a snap count?  Is the turn over plague over?  Just too many questions to believe the second half is an indicator for the remainder of the season. 

6 minutes ago, jetlord said:

First half?  Three turnovers and terrible defense.  Second half?  Much better defense and three TDs plus might have had a fourth if not for just running out the clock.  Hard to know if this team can make a turn around or if they will be mediocre all year.  Why didn't Gordon play?  Why Neiman instead of Bolton?  Why Sorenson instead of Watt?   Is Gay on a snap count?  Is the turn over plague over?  Just too many questions to believe the second half is an indicator for the remainder of the season. 

Bolton was in there a good amount, but I don't remember seeing much of Gay. I like the way they fought through it. Washington played them hard like everyone else, they're just not that good. 

48 minutes ago, qnet said:

Bolton was in there a good amount, but I don't remember seeing much of Gay. I like the way they fought through it. Washington played them hard like everyone else, they're just not that good. 

Yea the WFT did play them hard because they smelled blood in the water. KC was just a better team like you said. Everyone is gonna try to play KC the same. 2 deep shells, and playing physical with the WRs at the LOS. 

KC just has to cut the shit with TOs and stay patient and execute. 

The defense looked much better today. When CJ comes back and Gay is taken off the shitty snap count, we'll play more like a 22-23rd ranked defense. Moar wharton please...He's a better pass rusher than Reed, who did actually make "A" play today..

I really was impressed with their resilience today. The first half was a complete shit show, but they showed everyone why they've been to back to back SBs. 

Kill the TOs, keep the best athletes on the field on defense and freaking play to win.

5 minutes ago, artsy said:

Yea the WFT did play them hard because they smelled blood in the water. KC was just a better team like you said. Everyone is gonna try to play KC the same. 2 deep shells, and playing physical with the WRs at the LOS. 

The defense looked much better today. When CJ comes back and Gay is taken off the shitty snap count, we'll play more like a 22-23rd ranked defense. Moar wharton please...He's a better pass rusher than Reed, who did actually make "A" play today..

I really was impressed with their resilience today. The first half was a complete shit show, but they showed everyone why they've been to back to back SBs. 

Kill the TOs, keep the best athletes on the field on defense and freaking play to win.

Yeah, I agree. 

16 minutes ago, artsy said:

Put CJ95 back in at DT.  The experiment with him on the outside needs to come to an end.  Plus, Danna has been serviceable at DE (actually he has been the highest performing DL so far this year IMO).

If Nieman starts in place of an injured Hitchens we have no choice, but to play Gay in base defense.  We really need to grab 1 or 2 LBs in FA next year & draft 1 or 2 highly.

5 minutes ago, Obi Won Mahome said:

Put CJ95 back in at DT.  The experiment with him on the outside needs to come to an end.  Plus, Danna has been serviceable at DE (actually he has been the highest performing DL so far this year IMO).

If Nieman starts in place of an injured Hitchens we have no choice, but to play Gay in base defense.  We really need to grab 1 or 2 LBs in FA next year & draft 1 or 2 highly.

We need to just cut Neimann so Spags isn’t even tempted

4 hours ago, Calichief said:

Train wreck. This is wild. Never in my wildest dreams did I see this year coming. Regress sure, meltdown, no.

chiefs are going to lose this game 

Verbal warning for being a doubter.

although they Sure tried.

2 hours ago, Obi Won Mahome said:

Sooooo 6 linebackers when we normally play 2 on the field in base nickel?

d6yp98uw67s41.gif

Good win. A tale of two halves. Chiefs put up over 500 yards of offense even with 3 turnovers. Having Thornhill start over Sorensen definitely the right move. He wasn't perfect but Juan flashed a lot more and freed up the HB to flash more as well. Fenton is a solid physical DB. He needs to be out there. Minus the totally blown TD pass...I thought the defense looked a lot better. Get CJ back and let's see if it continues. There are winnable games coming up 

Never thought I would say this but offense was the worse side of the ball IMO. Great to see the team regrouping after so many turnovers but we can't have so stupid plays down the line. Better teams will punish those as they have been doing for quite a while. Never understood how a player can fumble with light tackling in the open field and thinking of the YAC before securing the catch is a rookie mistake. The defense seems to have found some resemblance of an identity which is promising going forward but obviously the opponent is an important factor. 

I think we go on to have a decent winning record rest of the way, can't speculate how that translates to the playoffs but our depth is much worse than I thought in the preseason, so health is critical IMO. 

We held a team 11 points under their normal points. That is a good thing. Good win. We needed it.

Points: Even with Thornhill starting we have no FS to take over on deep routes. Pretty sure Neme isn't supposed to cover a deep post. Overall, very good game by the D. 

Pats pick and Hill's pick on uncharacteristic for them and won't continue. Not sure Remmers was a big improvement over Niang, but it is just his first game back and he did pretty well. Heart breaking for Fortson. Maybe its Gray time.

2 minutes ago, DieHard said:

We held a team 11 points under their normal points. That is a good thing. Good win. We needed it.

Points: Even with Thornhill starting we have no FS to take over on deep routes. Pretty sure Neme isn't supposed to cover a deep post. Overall, very good game by the D. 

Pats pick and Hill's pick on uncharacteristic for them and won't continue. Not sure Remmers was a big improvement over Niang, but it is just his first game back and he did pretty well. Heart breaking for Fortson. Maybe its Gray time.

yea but he slipped making a cut..yea he shoulda had it but no slip no INT..now last weeks deflection INT was on Hill. It certainly is disheartening but I also agree with the announcers when they commented on that in years past those INTs woulda been dropped by the DB.. this year no such luck.