Chiefs vs redskins game day thread.

27 minutes ago, Troyofoc said:

Hitchens left the game and Gay was still out snapped by all linebackers and even Sorensen.🤬

Yea, I was just typing to ask why they're keeping Gay on such a low damn snap count! The talk was that he was supposed to get the green dot when he was drafted.....Geez, he could play better than Nieman blind folded..

Let's go Spags, get your head out of your ass already!

17 minutes ago, DieHard said:

They may be concerned about the turn toe. I could see easing him into it. We don't know how its feeling or what the doctors are recommending. 

I hope the turn toe is the reason for the low snap count, cause if Nieman is on the field for over 50% of the snaps again this week against the Titans, it's gonna be another long day for the defense. 

The Titans are notorious for lining up in 3 wr sets and putting us in Nickel and Dime and then pounding the shit out of us with Henry.

1 hour ago, artsy said:

I hope the turn toe is the reason for the low snap count, cause if Nieman is on the field for over 50% of the snaps again this week against the Titans, it's gonna be another long day for the defense. 

The Titans are notorious for lining up in 3 wr sets and putting us in Nickel and Dime and then pounding the shit out of us with Henry.

Yep.  if Gay and Bolton aren't the primary LBs against Henry, it won't look good for the Chiefs next Sunday. 

4 hours ago, oldtimer said:

yea but he slipped making a cut..yea he shoulda had it but no slip no INT..now last weeks deflection INT was on Hill. It certainly is disheartening but I also agree with the announcers when they commented on that in years past those INTs woulda been dropped by the DB.. this year no such luck.

There was no slip on the dropped ball that got picked, the slip was earlier in the game when he fell to the ground cutting on a route.  He was crossing on the ball he dropped that got picked, it was just a terrible effort by Hill.  

52 minutes ago, moons314 said:

There was no slip on the dropped ball that got picked, the slip was earlier in the game when he fell to the ground cutting on a route.  He was crossing on the ball he dropped that got picked, it was just a terrible effort by Hill.  

I dont have the game recorded but I do believe he lost traction but this wont be settled until there is film available so until then we will have to disagree

here ya go quality sucks but as he makes his cut to the side line he slips

https://www.nfl.com/videos/tyreek-hill-s-drop-turns-into-interception-for-second-straight-game

3 hours ago, artsy said:

Yeah, he is pretty bad. I think Gay will slowly get more snaps. I think Thornhill taking all the snaps is a good thing. I don’t know if he is the end all be all, but definitely better than Dan. I will say that the front 4 being disruptive helps every body. 
Shout out to Danna and Wharton for just packing their lunch pale and going to work every time they get a chance. Are they pro bowlers? No. But they remind me of Hali. Physically not specimens, but don’t quit. Tough.

2 hours ago, moons314 said:

To bad, uncharacteristic picks given up by Hill. That’s when you know when  it’s just a bad patch. Pat and Hill are going to be fine. Everybody has a rough patch. Better now than in December/January.

2 hours ago, moons314 said:

I remember it like OT does, but it is not a lack of effort. That guy doesn’t know what lack of effort is. One bad play is all people seem to remember sometimes. Hill has made so many amazing plays that we expect it every down. I get that, but these are human beings. Is what it is. 

2 minutes ago, DieHard said:

I remember it like OT does, but it is not a lack of effort. That guy doesn’t know what lack of effort is. One bad play is all people seem to remember sometimes. Hill has made so many amazing plays that we expect it every down. I get that, but these are human beings. Is what it is. 

Its more bad luck than anything else. Kc has had good luck for a long time and now the law of averages is showing up. How many teams would be 3-3 with this many turnovers? Not many. Better things should start coming the CHiefs way. I said 11-6 and still winning it all. Im staying with that. 

1 hour ago, AFCWEST said:

Its more bad luck than anything else. Kc has had good luck for a long time and now the law of averages is showing up. How many teams would be 3-3 with this many turnovers? Not many. Better things should start coming the CHiefs way. I said 11-6 and still winning it all. Im staying with that. 

Good point. We have had quite a few drops that could have been picks in past years. And so plus on the takeaway side that maybe it’s evening out. Glad now and not in the playoffs. 

On 10/17/2021 at 8:29 PM, xen said:

Sooooo 6 linebackers when we normally play 2 on the field in base nickel?

d6yp98uw67s41.gif

By all means, let’s continue to trot out Nieman for a majority of snaps on D next year.  Also, let’s pay Hitchens $10mill to play slow, be soft & perform below average.

Xen, is your last name Spagnuolo by chance?  🙂

9 minutes ago, Obi Won Mahome said:

By all means, let’s continue to trot out Nieman for a majority of snaps on D next year.  Also, let’s pay Hitchens $10mill to play slow, soft & below average.

Xen is a huge fan of Reach. I know from experience, dude 😉

8 hours ago, Obi Won Mahome said:

By all means, let’s continue to trot out Nieman for a majority of snaps on D next year.  Also, let’s pay Hitchens $10mill to play slow, be soft & perform below average.

You're proposing to draft 2 more linebackers high after we already spent two 2nd round picks there.  + spend in free agency.  For a position that typically has 1 or 2 guys on the field 70 to 80 percent of the time in most games.  Note I never said anything about wanting to not replace Niemann and Hitch.  I question the cost you're proposing.

Edited to be less assholish in my response