Question about Penalties

I asked this in another thread, but only one person responded. Any help?

Penalty on DEN: Delay of Game (Declined), Penalty on KAN: Personal Foul (Offsetting), Penalty on DEN: Personal Foul (Offsetting) (no play)

WTF happened when there was off-setting penalties on both teams and a delay of game by Denver that was, according to the ref, "declined." Why the hell would we decline a delay of game when offsetting fouls cause the down to be replayed? Did the ref mess up the call? I could see declining if the down changed, but it was still second down. "Umm, ref, why make it 2nd and 35? Just keep it at 2nd and 30, alright?"

Refs had to of messed up this call.

The Delay of game should of been enforced since it happened during a running clock.

The 2 personal fouls happened on a dead ball and obviously were off-setting so they didn't matter anyway.

Not that it matter too much as we still gave up the 1st on 3rd and forever....personally I thought for sure it was going to be first down Denver and the 15 yarder was only going to go against the Chiefs....Seriously would of broken my TV if that would of happened.

Archived