Patrick

Made a few boneheaded mistakes today... but damn he's fucking amazing. Some of his throws are absolutely incredible

Unstoppable outside the pocket... not sure that's a good thing... but it's clearly when he's at his best

He just needs to settle down and stop trying to carry the team on his back... helped that our defense didn't force him into a deep hole today

Thought Williams filled in nicely... made some big plays when needed

I was on a flight during the game but saw the replays.  His jump pass was lucky but it worked out, wtf was that int in the 2nd quarter all about?  He throws so many great over the shoulder only where your receiver can get it then.  Such an up and down year with this team.

1 minute ago, mex said:

That flip to Kelce was amazing... he was running east, Kelce running west, and he led Kelce right into the ball

you can't coach that shit

Yep. Hes gotta keep playing HIS game. I think all we and the team needs is him to be patient and take what the defense gives him. 

There's really not much he can do when the ball goes between his wrs hands.

Hes gonna make mistakes because he takes the risks.  But damn when they work..its money. 

The play were he messed up bad reminded me of a play I saw him do in college, during a pre draft film review he did with Gruden. It was funny then, not so much today. He's a young dude, but I hope he just learns to fall down like Brady & Manny did when defenders are close to sacking him. 

After that, in the 2nd half; he finally started to check down or just throw the ball away. Williams helped a lot, getting tough yards after the catch. 

7 minutes ago, qnet said:

The play were he messed up bad reminded me of a play I saw him do in college, during a pre draft film review he did with Gruden. It was funny then, not so much today. He's a young dude, but I hope he just learns to fall down like Brady & Manny did when defenders are close to sacking him. 

After that, in the 2nd half; he finally started to check down or just throw the ball away. Williams helped a lot, getting tough yards after the catch. 

Mahomes feels like he doesn't have the luxury of eating a play and punting, thinking his D will make a stop, so don't do anything dumb. He's been watching the same D we have. He knows the opponent will march right down the field and score. So he feels the need to score on every possession and doesn't want to give up on a series. I respect his approach. 

Mahomes can play simple football  if fuckin Reid dials up the right plays to beat deep cover 2 shell coverages. 
the problem is Reid needs to give mahomes quick passes out of his hands in 2 seconds. And these passes don’t all have to be to the outside. Hit them within the hashes. 
limit the amount of time and get first downs. That’s all we need and no one will be able to stop us. 

13 hours ago, Mr Ev said:

I was on a flight during the game but saw the replays.  His jump pass was lucky but it worked out, wtf was that int in the 2nd quarter all about?  He throws so many great over the shoulder only where your receiver can get it then.  Such an up and down year with this team.

The jump pass was when he drew them offsides so he knew even if it was picked it's coming back.

Every QB makes mistakes when under extreme pressure, including the unbelievable Patrick Mahomes II.  The question is not getting him to stop trying things like that.  It is what also makes him great. The question is when the O-line will gel enough to get thim to protection needed to play his improvisational game and still succeed.  Learning to use the pocket has been great for him, but he still needs to be himself, and both of those things require an O-line where everyone knows exactly what the other linemen are doing.  I don't think we are far off from that. 

As an aside, we ought to designate Pringle the WR2 and just go from there.  Hardman is better this year, but he still has ball security issues, and Mahomes doesn't completely trust him as a possession receiver. I don't either.

2 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Every QB makes mistakes when under extreme pressure, including the unbelievable Patrick Mahomes II.  The question is not getting him to stop trying things like that.  It is what also makes him great. The question is when the O-line will gel enough to get thim to protection needed to play his improvisational game and still succeed.  Learning to use the pocket has been great for him, but he still needs to be himself, and both of those things require an O-line where everyone knows exactly what the other linemen are doing.  I don't think we are far off from that. 

As an aside, we ought to designate Pringle the WR2 and just go from there.  Hardman is better this year, but he still has ball security issues, and Mahomes doesn't completely trust him as a possession receiver. I don't either.

Where the hell was josh Gordon?

Mahomes has to be better. And he will. It’s just a little spell 

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

He played.. Maybe MVPat just has yet figured out that 19 running around is actually a WR

I don't recall him playing, but I take your word for it.  I don't remember the announcers saying that he was in, and I rely on that.  I really can't notice the numbers from the TV view unless they do a close up from the field camera.  He is big, but so is Pringle  and Robinson. I know that in the days leading up to the game, the articles all indicated that he was going to play a lot, that this would be his "coming out" game.

This is the way I described it to somebody is that it is difficult to watch film afterwards because we know he can make every throw in the world and can make plays out of the pocket on broken plays that he’s not visibly looking at. Suddenly, everyone who is open on a bad play we don’t have the excuse of that would be a hard throw or ill advised. We think, he could’ve made that.

6 minutes ago, mex said:

Tell the boss-lady you need a bigger TV

Just got one, and it is great, a 55" UHD Samsung. I did watch Jaws on it again.  But the problem is that my eyes have gotten smaller. Makes sense.  I just turned 74 on Saturday.  LOL  I may not make more sense, but people say I am still a wise guy.

1 minute ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Just got one, and it is great, but the problem is that my eyes have gotten smaller. Makes sense.  I just turned 74 on Saturday.  LOL  I may not make more sense, but people say I am still a wise guy.

I've always thought of you as a wise guy.

"problem is that my eyes have gotten smaller"

stop smoking the ganj.