Patrick

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I don't recall him playing, but I take your word for it.  I don't remember the announcers saying that he was in, and I rely on that.  I really can't notice the numbers from the TV view unless they do a close up from the field camera.  He is big, but so is Pringle  and Robinson. I know that in the days leading up to the game, the articles all indicated that he was going to play a lot, that this would be his "coming out" game.

11 snaps

6 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I don't recall him playing, but I take your word for it.  I don't remember the announcers saying that he was in, and I rely on that.  I really can't notice the numbers from the TV view unless they do a close up from the field camera.  He is big, but so is Pringle  and Robinson. I know that in the days leading up to the game, the articles all indicated that he was going to play a lot, that this would be his "coming out" game.

He may have not played as many snaps because we were fighting to make sure we win and that called for plays deeper in the play book that he has not grasped yet. Just a thought. 

6 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Just got one, and it is great, a 55" UHD Samsung. I did watch Jaws on it again.  But the problem is that my eyes have gotten smaller. Makes sense.  I just turned 74 on Saturday.  LOL  I may not make more sense, but people say I am still a wise guy.

should have gotten a 75"

6 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

He may have not played as many snaps because we were fighting to make sure we win and that called for plays deeper in the play book that he has not grasped yet. Just a thought. 

I always give pause to this. You can tell a wr which route to run. If you really want him out there 

4 hours ago, Calichief said:

I always give pause to this. You can tell a wr which route to run. If you really want him out there 

I think they have route trees depending on the coverage and they all have to know what route to run.  That is something the player and QB HAVE to be on the same page about or it leads to int's.  My guess is they are working him up to it, but they have to know he is ready.  This offense takes a while to learn, by the end of the year, I bet we see a lot more of him!

5 hours ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

I think they have route trees depending on the coverage and they all have to know what route to run.  That is something the player and QB HAVE to be on the same page about or it leads to int's.  My guess is they are working him up to it, but they have to know he is ready.  This offense takes a while to learn, by the end of the year, I bet we see a lot more of him!

Antonio brown walked right onto the field in Tampa. If you want a guy out there that bad, he’d be out there. 

Every playbook has route trees... it isn't just teams with prolific passing games... hell even college receivers deal with it

any experienced NFL receiver ought to be able to learn at least most of the playbook fairly fast... yes some playbooks (Andy's) might be more complicated, but that doesn't mean a brand new receiver can't get into the lineup... my guess is it would only be a detriment on certain plays with critical down/distance 

13 minutes ago, mex said:

Every playbook has route trees... it isn't just teams with prolific passing games... hell even college receivers deal with it

any experienced NFL receiver ought to be able to learn at least most of the playbook fairly fast... yes some playbooks (Andy's) might be more complicated, but that doesn't mean a brand new receiver can't get into the lineup... my guess is it would only be a detriment on certain plays with critical down/distance 

Thank you.

21 minutes ago, mex said:

I think it has more to do with comfort between MVPat and Tyreek, Kelce etc thats just who he looks for.  There have been multiple clips of  him over looking other wide open options in favor of #10 or #87

27 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I think it has more to do with comfort between MVPat and Tyreek, Kelce etc thats just who he looks for.  There have been multiple clips of  him over looking other wide open options in favor of #10 or #87

absolutely... and that's on Patrick... though he hasn't had a lot of time for checkdowns

one thing that always blew me away with Peyton M was how he worked through his progressions... 

one of the few I both admired and hated at the same time :lol: 

Mahomes is Jeckyl and Hyde. Brilliant and capable of any throw. But he is such a competitor that it clouds his judgement. On the atrocious INT it was better for Mahomes to just eat a sack and get a field goal....but the competitor in him refused to settle and he tried to pull out an amazing play where there was none. He will learn there are times you gotta eat it and move on.

This is a terrible start to the season for Mahomes and he still has the opportunity 6 games in to break records in 16 games………that’s how good his bad is.   If this is what horrible looks like to him….we might not have seen really good for him yet!   Scary thought!   

35 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

This is a terrible start to the season for Mahomes and he still has the opportunity 6 games in to break records in 16 games………that’s how good his bad is.   If this is what horrible looks like to him….we might not have seen really good for him yet!   Scary thought!   

3 of his interceptions bounced off a WR hands and into a defenders hands. 1 was tipped up in the air and caught by the same guy. 2 came on ridiculous throws as he was being tackled.

As far as interceptions where he actually just missed his WR? Two...

The dude is just so good it's ridiculous. And he's doing thus while he simultaneously learns to trust a line that really creates a pocket.

18 hours ago, mex said:

I would think it has more to do with route adjustments.  Andy's receivers are expected to adjust routes based on coverage and technique being used.  There are a wide range of adjustments they have to make and that takes a lot longer than just learning the plays.  I also assume they only have him in certain packages. being so new, so game flow would dictate what packages they use.

2 hours ago, xen said:

I would think it has more to do with route adjustments.  Andy's receivers are expected to adjust routes based on coverage and technique being used.  There are a wide range of adjustments they have to make and that takes a lot longer than just learning the plays.  I also assume they only have him in certain packages. being so new, so game flow would dictate what packages they use.

This was exactly what I meant but put much more eloquently than I did.

4 hours ago, xen said:

I also assume they only have him in certain packages.

yep... and like I said, when down and distance is critical they might have to pull him out especially if the defense is disguising coverages well

it's all about those reads

that said this is something every offense does, albeit to differing degrees of complexity, so my guess is we'll be seeing more of him as the season progresses

hope so anyways

19 hours ago, dhitter said:

Mahomes is Jeckyl and Hyde. Brilliant and capable of any throw. But he is such a competitor that it clouds his judgement. On the atrocious INT it was better for Mahomes to just eat a sack and get a field goal....but the competitor in him refused to settle and he tried to pull out an amazing play where there was none. He will learn there are times you gotta eat it and move on.

When he was drafted, he was compared to Favre and seen as an often overly competitive gunslinger.

I think that’s partly correct and was toned down by Smith’s mentoring. But, the old instincts never go away.