Physical defense.

8 hours ago, moons314 said:

Rules have neutered physicality.  I’d love to have a thumping safety, but if you lay the wood to a receiver coming across the middle, you’re getting flagged for 15 yards.  The days of making a receiver or qb hesitate because a huge hit is coming are long gone.  That’s why I believe speed is more important than ever.  

it is the one thing you can't teach

On 10/22/2021 at 3:31 PM, Fmbl2187 said:

They are absolutely going run it down our throats.  We'd better accept it.  We simply need to pass it down their throats. Simple.  That and NO turnovers.

ok...the turnovers part did not happen but we did bottle up DH fairly well again, the downside was tannehill and brown torched our secondary

15 minutes ago, Joe_Chief said:

No pass rush to speak of, and on offense Orlando Brown was a fucking turnstile.

Yea, I'm in on the Tag and Trade Brown bandwagon..

His footwork is not good enough to handle the LT spot. He struggled in Training Camp and it shows every game. He can't handle the speed rushers very well. 

Then couple that with Mahomes' reluctance to step up in the pocket, and well you score 3 points against a Titans defense that was statistically bad as ours..

9 minutes ago, artsy said:

Yea, I'm in on the Tag and Trade Brown bandwagon..

His footwork is not good enough to handle the LT spot. He struggled in Training Camp and it shows every game. He can't handle the speed rushers very well. 

Then couple that with Mahomes' reluctance to step up in the pocket, and well you score 3 points against a Titans defense that was statistically bad as ours..

Nobody is going to want Brown as a LT. dude got his dream chance and failed. Throw him to RT or let him walk.

1 hour ago, KC Warpaint said:

ok...the turnovers part did not happen but we did bottle up DH fairly well again, the downside was tannehill and brown torched our secondary

Well, of course.  When you bring in everyone to stop Henry, you're exposed through the air.  The strategy worked....on Henry.

I wrote just before the seaons started that this was the best Chiefs team I had ever seen assembled.  Boy, was I wrong!  I don't know shit. 

5 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Well, of course.  When you bring in everyone to stop Henry, you're exposed through the air.  The strategy worked....on Henry.

I wrote just before the seaons started that this was the best Chiefs team I had ever seen assembled.  Boy, was I wrong!  I don't know shit. 

Me neither . See my avatar for confirmation. At least Im not delusional thinking my opinion is important , correct or relevant. When the Chiefs win Im happy. When they lose not so much. I dont allow a loss to ruin my day or make me angry. Just a fan. 

Delusional disorder, previously called paranoid disorder, is a type of serious mental illness — called a “psychosis”— in which a person cannot tell what is real from what is imagined. The main feature of this disorder is the presence of delusions, which are unshakable beliefs in something untrue.J

2 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Me neither . See my avatar for confirmation. At least Im not delusional thinking my opinion is important or relevant. When the Chiefs win Im happy. When they lose not so much. I dont allow a loss to ruin my day or make me angry.

Delusional disorder, previously called paranoid disorder, is a type of serious mental illness — called a “psychosis”— in which a person cannot tell what is real from what is imagined. The main feature of this disorder is the presence of delusions, which are unshakable beliefs in something untrue.J

Jeff Chadiha is that you? LOL 

Just now, AFCWEST said:

Who is Jeff? LOL

Just messing with you.

He's a NFL Network sportswriter who lives in KC. He always keeps it real about the Chiefs and is right a lot of times. He was genuinely happy when the Chiefs won the SB, but still keeps it 100% when discussing their faults. 

I think we are at the point of forcing Spags (because he loves some crusty old vets for some creepy reason) to play Bolton, Gay, and Harris/DOD at LB.   Give Saunders some run at DT.  Move Jones back inside and bench Okafor, Ben, Dan, and Hughes.  See what Fenton, Ward, Sneed, and Baker can do along with Watts as the 3rd safety.  

25 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I think we are at the point of forcing Spags (because he loves some crusty old vets for some creepy reason) to play Bolton, Gay, and Harris/DOD at LB.   Give Saunders some run at DT.  Move Jones back inside and bench Okafor, Ben, Dan, and Hughes.  See what Fenton, Ward, Sneed, and Baker can do along with Watts as the 3rd safety.  

Yup. Bolton and Willie can hold down the middle. Let Hitchens sit out as well.