Physical defense.

5 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

I think Veach is why Sutton was canned,  I don't think Andy would have made that call. So hopefully if things don't get better, Veach will force Spags firing as well.

Spags is  one year from 2 KC SB defenses.. gonna take more than one bad year for him to get canned..not to mention he was NY-G's DC when they beat the then undefeated Pats in the SB. He has some credibility. That being said I do believe you will see some sacrificial Assistants on both sides of the ball being  sacrificed to the Fan Gods

Just saw where Nick Bolton was named Defensive rookie of the month. This dude plays with attitude. And so does Gay. I have watched that 3rd and 1 stop on the Giants QB 20 times. Perhaps the young guns can light a match under some high priced veteran asses and get them to step up their game. Frank Clark had the 2nd highest DE rating last week per Pro Football Focus. Frank F'n Clark?!

Oh and keep Jones on the inside!!!

5 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I'm at the point where I think Spags loyalty problems may be as bad or worse than Reids. We still don't play a 3rd down where Niemann and Sorenson aren't both on the field. 

Ironically he wouldn't have a job if it weren't for Reids loyalty problems. Go figure 

Loyalty is a double-edged sword, that's for sure.  It's one of the things that make players and coaches love playing for him, but it can be a problem for teams, also.  I think we are beginning to see why he was so good in Philly but also why he isn't in Philly anymore.  Overall, I'll take it.  I like loyalty, unless it is to Spags.  Time for Spags to go. Sorenson and Niemann should not be playing, especially on the same downs.

5 hours ago, xen said:

I've been saying it should be Ward, Sneed and Fenton since week 4. Truthfully I'd love to have a better option to replace Ward. Thought we might have had that in Hughes. Spags is stubborn and set in his ways. I mean we are just now getting to the point where Willie Gay is getting more field time than Niemann. At week 9? We all knew Gay was better and way more athletic but oh well....

8 minutes ago, dhitter said:

I've been saying it should be Ward, Sneed and Fenton since week 4. Truthfully I'd love to have a better option to replace Ward. Thought we might have had that in Hughes. Spags is stubborn and set in his ways. I mean we are just now getting to the point where Willie Gay is getting more field time than Niemann. At week 9? We all knew Gay was better and way more athletic but oh well....

They should have had better training camps...

On 11/12/2021 at 4:15 PM, dhitter said:

Ward was solid as can be against the Pack. He was like glue on Adams.

16 hours ago, dhitter said:

1. He is inconsistent. 2. Jordon Love was the QB. 

Pretty much every corner in the league is now.  That's why most corners have wildly fluctuating grades year over year now days.  They rules are stacked against them in the modern NFL.

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

You are right. Dan played 50% of the snaps! And Ben played 46%. Not good.

Yea, i though Watts looked more than capable of playing Sorenson's position last nite. And when Gay was drafted, Spags said that he would be playing that Dime LB position. 

Spags/Reid are just playing politics... Playing vet's because "they've earned the right" to be on the field. I was paying attention to how Spags was using them when on the field though. Whenever they were on the field Sorenson was either blitzing or playin DEEEEP safety over the top. Niemen was either blitzing, or dropping into middle zones. 

Neither of them was responsible for any man to man coverage.