Physical defense.

On 11/15/2021 at 12:01 AM, Calichief said:

He’s getting help from the dline. When he was hurt, the defense was shredded. Hughes and baker were torched. Ward is the guy we want out there 

Not saying I want Hughes or Baker. Saying it would be nice to upgrade Ward. 

37 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Ward was inconsistent but has definitely improved.  He and Sneed are legit and Fenton is coming on strong as well. Hopefully Fenton is back soon.

I've been on Ward's case for over a year and wanted him replaced.  Turning his head around on the Lamb interception is a big stop up.  He still can't cover on shallow stuff and we need to see more ball awareness on a consistent basis, but I may have to order a little salsa for my crow.  

2 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Our corners are stellar. Look around the league. It’s a no win for db’s. 

Sneed came in legit. Ward has talent but have to give credit to coaching staff for developing his technique. The coverage on the CeeDee Lamb was textbook "Turn your Head". Fenton plays tough every play and doesn't back down. He's the Tre Smith of CBs. A little nasty.

• 2 weeks later...

11 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Best KC defense in many years. Fenton out. No problem. Back ups did well. Dline good depth and good pressure. Linebackers Gay & Bolton getting better each week. Looks physical to me. I guess Spags was not so BAD after all.

I agree, HOWEVER..

Moar Bolton/Gay, less Hitchens/Nieman please.

1 hour ago, AFCWEST said:

And he tipped the pass that went 75 yards for a pick six. What play do you take him out? Defense is doing great. Hope they keep it up.

Can't understand the logic there but both Bolton and Gay are definitely studs in making. I think we'll have a great duo that just needs that 3rd guy come in to make LB a strength.