Physical defense.

I like tabasco on my crow. I was pretty rough on Spags and Veach when this defense was playing absolutely terribly. They are playing very well now. In fairness to me, I only trashed them because they were playing like trash. Not sure there is a better CB trio than Ward, Sneed and Fenton right now.

2 hours ago, azchief21 said:

I like tabasco on my crow. I was pretty rough on Spags and Veach when this defense was playing absolutely terribly. They are playing very well now. In fairness to me, I only trashed them because they were playing like trash. Not sure there is a better CB trio than Ward, Sneed and Fenton right now.

I was one of those who trashed Ward and he has made a huge change, especially on deep balls.  It's not a coincidence that the defense improved when Ingram came on board and Jones moved primarily to DT.  A healthy Clark and more playing time for Bolton/Gay also helped.  Sure was nice to see Thornhill get a pick.  If he regains confidence, it's a big step forward.  

2 hours ago, Calichief said:

By today’s rules favoring the offense, our secondary is stellar. It has been for a few years. And it’s deep. 

Deep?  Sneed is stellar.  Fenton is very good for his draft position.  Ward has improved.  Where's the depth?   Hughes and Baker haven't shown anything yet.  

52 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Deep?  Sneed is stellar.  Fenton is very good for his draft position.  Ward has improved.  Where's the depth?   Hughes and Baker haven't shown anything yet.  

Tyrann , Thornhill , sneed , ward, Fenton. It’s not about just corners. 

29 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Tyrann , Thornhill , sneed , ward, Fenton. It’s not about just corners. 

That's the five regulars in the nickel.  Who are the backups.  It's not a question about the ability of the starting five, I was questioning the depth statement.  Actually, Baker wasn't all that bad last night and got a lot of snaps.  

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

That's the five regulars in the nickel.  Who are the backups.  It's not a question about the ability of the starting five, I was questioning the depth statement.  Actually, Baker wasn't all that bad last night and got a lot of snaps.  

If Hughes and baker are 4 and 5 I’m good with that. And Watts always produces when he plays. As a group, it’s deep. 

Baker has potential.  That's why he was a round one pick.  The question is whether he's back to full health yet.  By the snap count Sunday night, he must be close.  Hughes should be #5 at best.  He was getting burned early in the season and there's a reason Baker, who had been inactive for a while, played ahead of him.  I would still like to see a starting CB taken early in the next draft.  

5 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Baker has potential.  That's why he was a round one pick.  The question is whether he's back to full health yet.  By the snap count Sunday night, he must be close.  Hughes should be #5 at best.  He was getting burned early in the season and there's a reason Baker, who had been inactive for a while, played ahead of him.  I would still like to see a starting CB taken early in the next draft.  

Cap going up, projected 25 million. Hope KC can keep Ward. Ward-Fenton are both playing well on the outside.

Just now, artsy said:

I just hope they don't over pay for Ward. Ward has obvious flaws that don't get better with age...

Disagree on that, too.  Ward is #4 in the league this year I believe.  He now turns his head when he sees the receiver turn his. That is new and was my only concern until this year.  He sticks like glue.  He is now a complete CB.  It would be a huge loss to lose Ward.

42 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Disagree on that, too.  Ward is #4 in the league this year I believe.  He now turns his head when he sees the receiver turn his. That is new and was my only concern until this year.  He sticks like glue.  He is now a complete CB.  It would be a huge loss to lose Ward.

Ward DOES turn his head NOW, but he has stiff hips and struggles with the quick twitch, double moves. I would pay him, but not pay him Top Notch DB money. NO WAY.

2 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Ward has played better on the deep balls.  I don't trust him on shorter stuff.  If the Chiefs lose him, he won't be that hard to replace.  Pay him, but not top dollar or long term. 

18 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Ward has played better on the deep balls.  I don't trust him on shorter stuff.  If the Chiefs lose him, he won't be that hard to replace.  Pay him, but not top dollar or long term. 

His stats sure are stellar this year.

25 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Ward is a top ten corner this season. Very hard to replace.

Overall we have developed some good players in the back end like ward Snead Fenton and Thornhill. I guess u can throw dirty Dan in there if u want when he makes postive plays. 😊

when you look around the league and compare we are in a pretty situation compared to the $ spent. 

with all of this being said the quality of play is tied to the front four getting pressure. Better front four is better the CB are. 

Hill, HB, Brown all need to be resigned.   Not sure we can afford Ward.   It’s why Bakers development is huge to pair with Fenton and Sneed.     Also Frank and Hitchens getting cut creates a huge need at DE…probably need 2.     So if the cut money and salary cap allow us to resign those too 3.  What are the biggest needs next year?  DE, WR#2, DE, DB, LB, WR #3, LB?  

8 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

Overall we have developed some good players in the back end like ward Snead Fenton and Thornhill. I guess u can throw dirty Dan in there if u want when he makes postive plays. 😊

when you look around the league and compare we are in a pretty situation compared to the $ spent. 

with all of this being said the quality of play is tied to the front four getting pressure. Better front four is better the CB are. 

Sam Madison is pretty amazing and it seems our scouts know exactly the traits that Sam needs in this system.