Physical defense.

12 hours ago, xen said:

I think Ward will get paid more than we'll want to pay.  I don't think it's a coincidence Veach has picked up multiple high picks as reclamation projects in Baker, Hughes and Josh Jackson, who we just protected on the PS.

Yep

27 minutes ago, artsy said:

I hope not! Ward is a great STRAIGHT LINE runner. That's it! And now that he's finally started turning his head around, he's added a more value. But he is not a 10mill per year DB. No way!

I've seen similar projections for Ward do it's not out of line.  Even average corners get paid well.

2 hours ago, xen said:

I've seen similar projections for Ward do it's not out of line.  Even average corners get paid well.

I remember when we were saying the same thing about Brandon Carr and what we thought he was worth and if he was even worth that. He went to sign with Dallas for a big amount and played very well for years after.

4 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

I think KC will keep him. Good tackler too. 

I don't think we will.  I think we've been planning to let him go for the last year.  Veach has shown little propensity to pay corners.  I actually think Sneed may be the first corner he pays.

21 minutes ago, xen said:

I don't think we will.  I think we've been planning to let him go for the last year.  Veach has shown little propensity to pay corners.  I actually think Sneed may be the first corner he pays.

Probably correct. I would keep Ward at half the price HB will ask. Younger & proven.

43 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

HB is at that age of potential decline and previous serious injuries. Cant pay everyone. Yes KC will likely sign HB. 

I don’t think you can let him go. He is a stud in the locker room and on the field. We have exactly nobody that can do what he does. Not sure the NFL has anybody that can do what he does. I know we got burned hard on Berry, but if Berry even dreams he was the safety HB is, he better wake up and apologize. 

13 hours ago, DieHard said:

I don’t think you can let him go. He is a stud in the locker room and on the field. We have exactly nobody that can do what he does. Not sure the NFL has anybody that can do what he does. I know we got burned hard on Berry, but if Berry even dreams he was the safety HB is, he better wake up and apologize. 

Berry just said in an interview that he wants to make a comeback. 

I've always liked Ward and remember when he got thrown into the fire starting against the Seahawks. I hope he stays, but whatever happens, the Chiefs really have got a lot out of an un-drafted player that initially signed with the Cowboys. 

On 12/10/2021 at 10:37 PM, DieHard said:

If Steven Nelson banked 9 mill per when leaving here, Ward should get 20. Joking, but the point is, Ward gets PAID. 4 years 50 mill. He is a legit starter. Nelson was nothing but a #4.

Nelson has been an above average starting CB almost his entire career. I know people don't follow players closely when they leave here, but he has played quite well. He's been a bargain at 9 million per.

8 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Nelson has been an above average starting CB almost his entire career. I know people don't follow players closely when they leave here, but he has played quite well. He's been a bargain at 9 million per.

If that were true he would not be on a new team making 1.3. I have seen him play and not a big fan.