Physical defense.

On 11/4/2021 at 12:45 PM, Iluvhouse24 said:

I'm at the point where I think Spags loyalty problems may be as bad or worse than Reids. We still don't play a 3rd down where Niemann and Sorenson aren't both on the field. 

Ironically he wouldn't have a job if it weren't for Reids loyalty problems. Go figure 

I just spit my coffee up on re reading this

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

I just spit my coffee up on re reading this

There's nothing I said here that isn't true. Our improved pass rush has transformed this defense but those 2 are still on the field in dime. And Spags wouldn't have gotten the job here as DC if it wasn't for his ties to Reid. Not like he has churned out a bunch of top ranked units. 

Im grateful as hell for the defensive turnaround but what part about this is funny or incorrect?

I'm sure I could find some quotes of yours about Brett Veach that were pretty colorful too if I wanted to scroll back through months worth of posts. Veach looks pretty good at his job today. 

9 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

There's nothing I said here that isn't true. Our improved pass rush has transformed this defense but those 2 are still on the field in dime. And Spags wouldn't have gotten the job here as DC if it wasn't for his ties to Reid. Not like he has churned out a bunch of top ranked units. 

Im grateful as hell for the defensive turnaround but what part about this is funny or incorrect?

I'm sure I could find some quotes of yours about Brett Veach that were pretty colorful too if I wanted to scroll back through months worth of posts. Veach looks pretty good at his job today. 

Hey Luv, I'm right there wit ya man! Spags was SUCKING AZZ earlier in the year:

CJ95 at DE was a disaster, 

Jaren Reed and Frank Clark had some sorta money laundering scheme going on.

Dan Nieman and Ben Sorenson was on the field waaaaaaaaaaay too much

Thornhill was not on the field.

Guys were confused and there were busted coverages all over the place.

I was calling out Spags also. Anyone who wants to say they weren't concerned or angry about the performance of the defense for the first 6 wks, is crazy.

I'm starting to believe that it's not all on the coaches. I think the players really have to be motivated and buy into what they're being taught. 

Early in the season teams played the Chiefs hard, like it was their SB. The Chiefs have got some confidence and are now matching the intensity of these other teams. 

37 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

oh your right Luvs no  two ways about it.. if it wasn't for Reid and his learning  from the great Jim Johnson during that time, coaching stints under Tom Coughlin, Shawn Payton, orchestrating the defense that beat the then undefeated  Patriots sacking Brady 5 times in the SB  and an overall  35+ year career coaching he'd be an unemployed  Organ Grinder.

take a pill dude

5 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

oh your right Luvs no  two ways about it.. if it wasn't for Reid and his learning  from the great Jim Johnson during that time, coaching stints under Tom Coughlin, Shawn Payton, orchestrating the defense that beat the then undefeated  Patriots sacking Brady 5 times in the SB  and an overall  35+ year career coaching he'd be an unemployed  Organ Grinder.

take a pill dude

He WAS unemployed when Reid called.

11 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

He WAS unemployed when Reid called.

1 year..after an interim head coaching job.. yup washed up never doomed to be forever unemployed until rescued from the trash heap. 

If you remember Spags was being bounced around as the new Chiefs DC in 2018 but only Reid's loyalty to Sutton stood in the way. So ifyou want to cry about Reids loyality  in that regards ..have at it.

To argue the only reason Spags has a DC job is because of Reid is lunacy and really not worth my time to counter.

If you want to search somewhere I even uttered the thought about Spags being no good have at it. What I have mentioned is that maybe some Assistant Coordinators might need to be sacrificed and that might of been  a knee jerk reaction on my part.

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

1 year..after an interim head coaching job.. yup washed up never doomed to be forever unemployed until rescued from the trash heap.

To argue the only reason Spags has a DC job is because of Reid is lunacy and really not worth my time to counter.

That's not worth your time, but going back to find stuff I posted in October is worth your time?

Spend your time however you want. And I never said he wouldn't have another job. I said he got this one because of Reid and his loyalty. Which is true. You can interpret that as me saying he didn't deserve the job if you want. But he was out of football and then hired here. So he WAS unemployed. I'm not saying anything that's not true.

Why don't you go back and really dig up some old posts. Find some posts around when Spags was hired here. I bet you'd find that I was one of the posters who was really excited about him. And I bet you'd find that the reason was because he was groomed under Jimmy Johnson and he attacks. The anti Sutton. Same thing you talked about earlier. 

So you go around a cherry pick threads all you want buddy. If our defense would have continued on the path it was on, I'd absolutely have been of the opinion Spags needed replaced. 

Nobody is crying about Reids loyalty. You found a post that was 7 weeks old and that's what we're talking about. So maybe me calling him overly loyal was knee jerk too. Big deal. We are dominating. Let's enjoy it. 

3 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

That's not worth your time, but going back to find stuff I posted in October is worth your time?

Spend your time however you want. And I never said he wouldn't have another job. I said he got this one because of Reid and his loyalty. Which is true. You can interpret that as me saying he didn't deserve the job if you want. But he was out of football and then hired here. So he WAS unemployed. I'm not saying anything that's not true.

Why don't you go back and really dig up some old posts. Find some posts around when Spags was hired here. I bet you'd find that I was one of the posters who was really excited about him. And I bet you'd find that the reason was because he was groomed under Jimmy Johnson and he attacks. The anti Sutton. Same thing you talked about earlier. 

So you go around a cherry pick threads all you want buddy. If our defense would have continued on the path it was on, I'd absolutely have been of the opinion Spags needed replaced. 

Nobody is crying about Reids loyalty. You found a post that was 7 weeks old and that's what we're talking about. So maybe me calling him overly loyal was knee jerk too. Big deal. We are dominating. Let's enjoy it. 

So we all agree that Spags is a stud? 

32 minutes ago, DieHard said:

So we all agree that Spags is a stud? 

I've always liked him, just wondered what was going on with Thornhill earlier in the season. I really wanted Rex Ryan when the Chiefs were searching for a DC, but I'm happy with Spags. 

15 minutes ago, qnet said:

I've always liked him, just wondered what was going on with Thornhill earlier in the season. I really wanted Rex Ryan when the Chiefs were searching for a DC, but I'm happy with Spags. 

Yeah, that was odd. Once we got Thornhill back out there and Jones, Clark and Gat healthy, it was game on.

5 hours ago, artsy said:

Hey Luv, I'm right there wit ya man! Spags was SUCKING AZZ earlier in the year:

CJ95 at DE was a disaster, 

Jaren Reed and Frank Clark had some sorta money laundering scheme going on.

Dan Nieman and Ben Sorenson was on the field waaaaaaaaaaay too much

Thornhill was not on the field.

Guys were confused and there were busted coverages all over the place.

I was calling out Spags also. Anyone who wants to say they weren't concerned or angry about the performance of the defense for the first 6 wks, is crazy.

It's never ceases to amaze me how the quality of a defensive coordinator waxes and wanes with how well the players are playing.

2 minutes ago, DieHard said:

Yeah, that was odd. Once we got Thornhill back out there and Jones, Clark and Gat healthy, it was game on.

Don't forget Clark.  Oh, how the fans on this forum hated on Clark!  Nevermind that he has had intestinal illness and injuries on and off for the last couple of years. The important thing was that he suddenly became a terrible player, and Veach was at fault.  Now, he is suddenly a dynamite player.  Hey, I'm just as fickle as anyone else.  I like to win.

That DLine when healthy is flat out nasty..

Clark, Reed, Jones, Ingram..

There all problems.. Now there stunting, picking up people and running them into quarterbacks.. and its hard.. Cuz you cant double team all four of em.  Not knowing.. we  got some blitzing linebackers and safeties as well. 

The Defense wasnt healthy.. it is now. and well over the past 5 games, its put together a streak of performances that That are hard to argue with, even in KC where we have the defense of the 90s, and the early 70s defenses to brag about.. .

Also.. The interior offensive line is .. well... I dont know what to say.. but  man I havent seen this, since the Shields Weigman, Water days.. on any team. 

In short.. I think this team compares favorably with any team KC has ever fielded.