Donald Stephenson????

A bit off the subject, but with all the news about domestic violence and child abuse among NFL players, I would wonder what screening techniques the Dorsey-Reid regime uses to review allegations or check records of players being considered for the draft,trades, and free agency. It seems to this homer that we have less than our share of these kinds of difficulties, but that might just be my own selective attention. There may have been times when we had more than our share. I think every team should have such screens, but I would like to know what our front office does and how it tries to prevent the acquisition of players who can be a behavior problem elsewhere in their lives aside from the football field. Obviously, it can have a big effect on any franchise.

I'd be just as interested to know what kind of screening techniques all these corporate sponsors have in place that are jumping on the bandwagon..,

Arian Foster got it right.., When Anhauser-Busch, the worlds largest beer company and probably the single biggest entity causing spouse abuse gets on their high horse this has gone around the bend and straight to absurd..,

But man, I wish we had Stephenson back..,

I'd be just as interested to know what kind of screening techniques all these corporate sponsors have in place that are jumping on the bandwagon..,

Arian Foster got it right.., When Anhauser-Busch, the worlds largest beer company and probably the single biggest entity causing spouse abuse gets on their high horse this has gone around the bend and straight to absurd..,

But man, I wish we had Stephenson back..,

That's so sad that we are clamoring for the return of a mediocre to below average lineman.

I know PFF isn't the end-all-be-all... but Stephenson graded out at a -8.2 last year at tackle. Branden Albert

s average career rating is +4.4 during, but he has played significantly well the last two seasons he was a Chief at +11.2 and +11.1. In any event, PFF considers Albert's career path to be that of an average solid NFL tackle. Point is, Joe Thomas' +20 seasons are an anomaly, not the rule for starting lineman - don't expect it.

Stephenson has been a swing player, and only had 7 starts in amassing that rating. One could assume given 9 more full games of work, that he could have had a better rating or worse, although it appeared to me he was improving. He and Jeff Allen attended LeCharles Bentley's O-Line Performance camp this offseason, and i thought Allen was looking a bit better as a player. Allen graded out as a -12 last season by PFF, worse than Stephenson.

And for all that Stephenson might lack, Eric Fisher was at -17.9 last November, I'm not sure where he finished, but pretty bad compared to Stephenson.

Point of all this really is that while Stephenson wasn't good, he isn't that far from average either and is more than young enough to show significant improvement, especially with field time and a solidified position.

Archived