Chiefs Trade Deadline. Your trade ideas, rumors and actual deals.

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

Can we have Justin Houston back? I watched him again the other day. He’s a dog. He still brings the heat. He was all over the qb. 

Yep. Baltimore knows how to build a roster. All those injuries and still playing with aggression. For now Balt is the team to beat. 

30 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Yep. Baltimore knows how to build a roster. All those injuries and still playing with aggression. For now Balt is the team to beat. 

Needs beat but probably not the ONE TO beat. I'll save that until they Beat Buffalo or SD. after all they won 2 on a last minute fumble and barley made last second FG

9 hours ago, ChiefThunder said:

Forget Marlon Mack, we need to call the Browns about Johnson 

Andy wont run the ball like that so it hardly matters who the backs are. The last game CEH went off the holes were so huge I could have gained yards. Did Andy keep running the ball? NOPE. Its not the RBs. 

I dont care as long as the offense keeps humming. I would like more runs on first and goal.

2 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Andy wont run the ball like that so it hardly matters who the backs are. The last game CEH went off the holes were so huge I could have gained yards. Did Andy keep running the ball? NOPE. Its not the RBs. 

I dont care as long as the offense keeps humming. I would like more runs on first and goal.

Agreed. Look at last week. Williams ran 21 times for 62 yards. Hell CEH had just 65 run attempts in 5 games, never over 17 in one. 12 attempts per game. If Reid does this with our starter, what do you think he does with any other RB worth a damn. 

Just now, kkuenn said:

Agreed. Look at last week. Williams ran 21 times for 62 yards. Hell CEH had just 65 run attempts in 5 games, never over 17 in one. 12 attempts per game. If Reid does this with our starter, what do you think he does with any other RB worth a damn. 

It is nice to see the oline getting better each week. KC no longer needs trick plays on short yardage or red zone goal line plays. This could become very good by play off time.

9 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Cleve and Balt have proved one simple thing. If the oline is opening holes you dont need a elite talent at RB. Another guy putting up huge numbers out of nowhere. 

Neither run our offense.  Andy's offense is at it's best when you have a RB that you can motion out to receiver, catch wheel routes, or do a number of other versatile things.  These are the things we thought we were getting with CEH but have not.  The screen game is a big deal, and trotting out any RB with a pulse just because Andy doesn't want to hand the ball off 25 times is short sighted.  Had CEH lived up to the hype, he could have feasted in the screen game with 3 DBs following Hill on deep balls, but instead, he's been a massive disappointment.  You know, the underneath stuff that everyone says we should take but don't.  Westbrook when Andy was in Philly comes to mind.  Kareem Hunt was deadly catching the ball out of the backfield before he got run off.  Those just aren't offenses that are built the way ours is.

1 minute ago, moons314 said:

Neither run our offense.  Andy's offense is at it's best when you have a RB that you can motion out to receiver, catch wheel routes, or do a number of other versatile things.  These are the things we thought we were getting with CEH but have not.  The screen game is a big deal, and trotting out any RB with a pulse just because Andy doesn't want to hand the ball off 25 times is short sighted.  Had CEH lived up to the hype, he could have feasted in the screen game with 3 DBs following Hill on deep balls, but instead, he's been a massive disappointment.  You know, the underneath stuff that everyone says we should take but don't.  Westbrook when Andy was in Philly comes to mind.  Kareem Hunt was deadly catching the ball out of the backfield before he got run off.  Those just aren't offenses that are built the way ours is.

Sure Maybe. Playoff Damien is also a good example. The oline also needs to handle the screen well and there are several players KC can use besides CEH. So I still feel you do not need a special RB to catch passes out of the backfield or be a bell cow. McKinnin is a guy & Williams has also shown he can do those things. Who knows why KC is not doing more? Really though the offense is fine but for turnovers. Yes I wish KC had used that #1 pick for defense. Hope they see the light now.

56 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Sure Maybe. Playoff Damien is also a good example. The oline also needs to handle the screen well and there are several players KC can use besides CEH. So I still feel you do not need a special RB to catch passes out of the backfield or be a bell cow. McKinnin is a guy & Williams has also shown he can do those things. Who knows why KC is not doing more? Really though the offense is fine but for turnovers. Yes I wish KC had used that #1 pick for defense. Hope they see the light now.

I wonder if we aren't waiting to use McKinnon later in the season.   He has been somewhat injury prone and I wonder if the plan for him is a new wrinkle later on in the season.  He has the burst and ability out of the backfield to be a scary weapon.   

13 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I wonder if we aren't waiting to use McKinnon later in the season.   He has been somewhat injury prone and I wonder if the plan for him is a new wrinkle later on in the season.  He has the burst and ability out of the backfield to be a scary weapon.   

At 5-1 maybe. At 3-3 why?

2 hours ago, moons314 said:

This is total bs. How many times have you seen a RB catch a ball that he threw to himself? Getting tired of this narrative.

14, 13, 17, 14, 7. That's the number of carries he's had this yr. And he had 100 yard games in 2 of them. In 18 careers starts do you know how many times he's had 20 or more carries? Three. Do you know how many times he has had 15 or more carries? Six.

He needs the ball to produce. Crazy idea, I know...

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

I think that him and Clyde are the same style and both struggle with injuries. You may be right about limiting his use. He can be electric. 

2 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

This is total bs. How many times have you seen a RB catch a ball that he threw to himself? Getting tired of this narrative.

14, 13, 17, 14, 7. That's the number of carries he's had this yr. And he had 100 yard games in 2 of them. In 18 careers starts do you know how many times he's had 20 or more carries? Three. Do you know how many times he has had 15 or more carries? Six.

Said the same thing above pretty much. Then they give the rock to Williams for times and he got 62 yards! 3 yards a carry and some thought he looked fast.... an yet some think he looked good. He also got a few passes too. CEH was supposed to be a pass catching machine as a rb, look at his passes caught and number of targets too. Just ridiculous how the rb is used and yet CEH is to blame for being a 1st round pick by the team. Smh

Edit: 8. He has 8 receptions this year with 10 targets only. He did not complete game 5 but even then he is being targeted 2 times per game for receptions and 12 carries a game. This and everyone is on his case even though he is averaging 4.7 yards per carry. 

14 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I'm not saying Reid is perfect and that he doesn't misread things, but don't you think if he had confidence in his ability in the passing game he'd be calling wheel routes to him like we did with Hunt?  Carries is an irrelevant number, because the screen game is an extension of the running game, and he's been a very lacking there.  It's not hard to see that there's something lacking, whether it's vision, acceleration, or how his style fits with this offense,  but he's been a disappointment, a couple good performances against really bad rush defenses notwithstanding.   At this point in time, he's an easily replaceable part in this offense. 

2 hours ago, moons314 said:

I'm not saying Reid is perfect and that he doesn't misread things, but don't you think if he had confidence in his ability in the passing game he'd be calling wheel routes to him like we did with Hunt?  Carries is an irrelevant number, because the screen game is an extension of the running game, and he's been a very lacking there.  It's not hard to see that there's something lacking, whether it's vision, acceleration, or how his style fits with this offense,  but he's been a disappointment, a couple good performances against really bad rush defenses notwithstanding.   At this point in time, he's an easily replaceable part in this offense. 

What's lacking is his 2 targets per game. He is averaging 4.7 yards per carry with 8 catches for 7.9 yards per reception.  I mean extrapolate that to 21 carries and I believe 3 receptions that Williams got this last game(still low for a swing route team to have only 3 receptions in a game used in place of running it) and you would see CEH with this chances.

He would have had 100 yards running and another 24 yards receiving. If they are not using CEH like this, I doubt it is him lacking when Williams put up poorer numbers.  Everyone is saying take what they give, but the coaches don't utilize a player they drafted for just this.

You bring up Hunt, look at Smith at the time, he was Mr check down. Why you saw more of this at the time. Mahomes though should look to do this when the defense gives us an easy 6 to 8 yards.

3 hours ago, moons314 said:

He is a disappointment because he is underutilized. It's not his skillset. That dude can ball. He didn't all of a sudden develop good vision or acceleration against Philly and lose it against Buffalo. He carved Buffalo up last yr if you remember. 

He may not be the best fit for this offense. But the reason he's been a disappointment isn't because he is lacking skills. That's the part I don't understand. Everyone here has watched what he can do when he is fed. The reason he has disappointed is because he isnt getting the volume using a first round pick would dictate he should.