Chiefs Trade Deadline. Your trade ideas, rumors and actual deals.

1 hour ago, soonerborn77 said:

I would much rather do this, it’s time to accumulate picks

Trade HB to a contender.   Trade CJ if you could get a 1st rounder.   Screw the Oline depth, if people are interested in LDT....ship him off.   I mean CJ and HB didn't do anything this game.  Ben Nieman had a better game than CJ and HB......that takes some major lack of effort to pull that off.

17 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Trade HB to a contender.   Trade CJ if you could get a 1st rounder.   Screw the Oline depth, if people are interested in LDT....ship him off.   I mean CJ and HB didn't do anything this game.  Ben Nieman had a better game than CJ and HB......that takes some major lack of effort to pull that off.

Sadly, none of them have trade value.  HB needs a new deal, and no one is going to give up anything of substance for a guy in that situation.  As much as I'd love to move Jones, his cap number is prohibitive, as again, no one is going to take that on, especially since he took the torch from Sammie Watkins when he left in terms of stupid constant injuries.  Our biggest contracts on defense are giving us the least production.   We just have to get through the year and start cutting those guys in the offseason, which Jones is the only one that we're really screwed with beyond this year I'm pretty sure.  Those big contract guys aren't giving us anything we couldn't get from 3-5 round rookies on rookie contracts counting peanuts against the cap.  

What teams out there have a guy on the last year, or a bad contract they may want out of. An example,  Khalil Mack. Bears suck, they are up against the cap etc. Just an example.  We know out needs but who is out there that can come in and really help?

16 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

What teams out there have a guy on the last year, or a bad contract they may want out of. An example,  Khalil Mack. Bears suck, they are up against the cap etc. Just an example.  We know out needs but who is out there that can come in and really help?

I really don't think there is a trade or acquisition right now that can right this ship for this season as there are soo many needs. I say let the chips fall where they may and reload for next year

36 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

I think we should be a legit playoff contender to start making trades. We may be the team that others seek for a trade as we continue to fall out of playoff contention. 

I'm thinking that might be the preferred option, depending of course on the player

3 hours ago, artsy said:

Lol...Watch #90, Jarren Reed on this play!

That's one of the main reasons this defense sucks balls.

I agree on this play.

Jones had outside contain on that play, it would have been nice for him to make that tackle but he wasn't the biggest problem.  

I don't know what Reed was doing, but 76 blocked him without even really trying.  76 engaged him briefly before moving on to block Sneed.  Reed just kinda stood there confused.  

We are on the last year of Pat's contract on the cheap. It goes from 7 mill to 35 mill next year. I think you have to make a run this year. This is basically the same players and staff that got the first round bye last year. Maybe try to by a DE or DT for half a year?  If we lose this weekend, I am in with selling for draft capital the guys we aren't bringing back. But they are not going to return much in the middle of a slump.

11 hours ago, sith13 said:

I wouldn't play Jones with an injury as you can't get cute in the trenches and it may get worse with contact. Playing an injured guy makes no sense but if he's on the field he should be trying to make that tackle. 

Meanwhile Thuney is in there playing with a broken hand...apparently one has a bit more attitude than the other.

2 minutes ago, DieHard said:

We are on the last year of Pat's contract on the cheap. It goes from 7 mill to 35 mill next year. I think you have to make a run this year. This is basically the same players and staff that got the first round bye last year. Maybe try to by a DE or DT for half a year?  If we lose this weekend, I am in with selling for draft capital the guys we aren't bringing back. But they are not going to return much in the middle of a slump.

Yea, no one is going to trade for our overpayed, underperforming players. HB, Frank Clark, Jarren Reed, Anthony Hitchens? 

I mean hell, trade LDT, try to tag and trade O. Brown? I just don't want them to give away anymore draft picks on washed up (Seattle) veterans.

Take your lumps this season and blow this shit up so hopefully we can build a defense that will last a few years and rank in the middle of the pack.

27 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Meanwhile Thuney is in there playing with a broken hand...apparently one has a bit more attitude than the other.

Thuney is one of those guys that thrives on availability. Some are simply built differently with that extra will to be out there doing their best. However IMO that's an extra attribute rather than a general expectation from the player. 

1 top end pass rusher would rectify a lot for this team.  The O, even with that abomination are on an historic trajectory.   Frank has some moments on Sunday but couldn’t quite get home.   Adding an top end guy on the other side with Jones in the middle would generate pressure and with Bolton and Gay coming on strong this D could get to middle of the road.    

Problem is, it’s a huge risk with future ramifications if you miss.   

Not making Ingram or Houston a top priority this off-season for the D was a major mistake.