Chiefs Trade Deadline. Your trade ideas, rumors and actual deals.

1 minute ago, Lamardirts said:

Not making Ingram or Houston a top priority this off-season for the D was a major mistake.   

there is no evidence one way or another that Houston had any interest in coming here..Ingram on the the other hand musta just wanted too much $$ for that time

8 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Not making Ingram or Houston a top priority this off-season for the D was a major mistake.   

IMO second tier guys, either due to talent or age, tend to build championship teams. Trying to go for stars in every position never works and leaves peanuts to find depth, aka whatever we have at the DL rotation. Not sure about Ingram as there was talk about his demands but I think Houston would be a very good fit for this line. Don't know if he wanted to be here but should have been a priority target IMO.

16 hours ago, oldtimer said:

there is no evidence one way or another that Houston had any interest in coming here..Ingram on the the other hand musta just wanted too much $$ for that time

He signed for like 4 million….that’s not expensive imo.  You are right about Houston but did we even reach out?

I see no reason to make any acquisitions. Until we stop turning the ball over and adjust our game plan then I don't see us having enough to compensate for a bad defense consistently enough to get into the playoffs.  Sell what they can for picks to prepare for next year because 1 man isn't going to solve our problems unless it's a myles garret, bosa,  watt type player we can't afford.

Cracks me up how many people are willing to lay down and die. We are 1 game below .500. Trying to improve this roster is exactly what Veach SHOULD be doing. I'm glad he doesn't have a losers mentality. The dude misses on some personnel decisions, but be damned if he doesn't go for it.

The idea that this team would sell is fucking ludicrous. Nor should they. Do I think we will make the playoffs? Maybe not. Should we try? Yes. Because that's what this game is about, and we are 2 time defending AFC champs. 

The trade deadline is Tuesday. We don't have 3 weeks to see if we can eliminate turnovers and start pressuring the QB more, and then decide. It's go time. I hope they don't give up anything higher than a 2023 5th rounder (we don't have one in 2022) for a rental. But as bad as this team has looked at times, we are literally couple plays from being 5-2. We aren't selling. 

37 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Cracks me up how many people are willing to lay down and die. We are 1 game below .500. Trying to improve this roster is exactly what Veach SHOULD be doing. I'm glad he doesn't have a losers mentality. The dude misses on some personnel decisions, but be damned if he doesn't go for it.

The idea that this team would sell is fucking ludicrous. Nor should they. Do I think we will make the playoffs? Maybe not. Should we try? Yes. Because that's what this game is about, and we are 2 time defending AFC champs. 

The trade deadline is Tuesday. We don't have 3 weeks to see if we can eliminate turnovers and start pressuring the QB more, and then decide. It's go time. I hope they don't give up anything higher than a 2023 5th rounder (we don't have one in 2022) for a rental. But as bad as this team has looked at times, we are literally couple plays from being 5-2. We aren't selling. 

CEH sucks.

Sarcasm. 

2 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

So is the Honey Badgers sick day and social media rampage an indication he may be on the trading block?

Nah, he's not getting traded, but I'm betting the Chiefs PR department is making some calls tonight.  I get that he's frustrated, but this isn't a way to leverage for a better contract.  With the state of the defense, the cap, and now this shit, I don't see any way he doesn't go to free agency after this season.  

3 hours ago, SEMO said:

Yeah.  Fuck him.  Call an entire fanbase toxic because of a few idiots who probably were not even fans until Pat got here.

While I'm not as triggered as some by his comments, I am glad that this should all but end any talk of him returning. Any free agent the Chiefs commit to on more than a 1 year deal needs to be younger than him, and quite a bit faster. 

12 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

While I'm not as triggered as some by his comments, I am glad that this should all but end any talk of him returning. Any free agent the Chiefs commit to on more than a 1 year deal needs to be younger than him, and quite a bit faster. 

100% agree. Blessing if mathieu doesn’t return

I think he made an error and he knows that. He apologized for it and so its time to move on.   While I don't agree with anything he said I love that he is passionate and speaks his mind.  That will get you in trouble some time but I feel it comes from his heart and I believe that apology does too.  We all say things when we are emotional or hot headed that when we calm down we would never say or would rephrase better.    

With all that said, I hope we don't resign him.  This has nothing to do with his twitter account.  I don't believe 17-20 million is best spent at that position.   

1 hour ago, SEMO said:

He apologized.  Sincere, or not, I am good with it.  Now, let’s get back to winning.

It’s hard to see his reactions and think he doesn’t care. The defenses troubles have him hurting and angry and frustrated. That’s how I read it. It means he is a competitor. That dog has fight in him. He is arguably the best safety in football for all the different things he does. I don’t think any safety had the picks he did last year and he spent a lot of time in the box. 
That said we likely have too many holes to resign him and he is getting older. But he will really help the team that has cap space for him. 

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

I think he made an error and he knows that. He apologized for it and so its time to move on.   While I don't agree with anything he said I love that he is passionate and speaks his mind.  That will get you in trouble some time but I feel it comes from his heart and I believe that apology does too.  We all say things when we are emotional or hot headed that when we calm down we would never say or would rephrase better.    

With all that said, I hope we don't resign him.  This has nothing to do with his twitter account.  I don't believe 17-20 million is best spent at that position.   

Easy to tweet when the company is on you. Goodbye HB. This is why KC is his third team.