Chiefs vs. Titans GameDay Thread

41 minutes ago, artsy said:

Haha..I like "Simplifying" the offense. 

I know damn well Reid doesn't call pass plays that take 7 secs to develop. He is gonna have to MAKE mahomes start dinking and donking.

I hope u like that because it’s right. 
I don’t disagree about mahomes but the plays are taking to long vs o line holding up.  Make it damn simple like When Alex smith was here. Reid always has a outlet for mahomes but it’s way on outside. Why? 
It’s mahomes and Reid. 
why hasn’t josh Gordon been involved. ? Playbook to tough to digest? 
we have not adjusted to the defenses we have seen all year and in super bowl last year. It’s that simple. Why? 
our defense is terrible but I wouldn’t have thought our offense would have showed up like this. 

3 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

I hope u like that because it’s right. 
I don’t disagree about mahomes but the plays are taking to long vs o line holding up.  Make it damn simple like When Alex smith was here. Reid always has a outlet for mahomes but it’s way on outside. Why? 
It’s mahomes and Reid. 
why hasn’t josh Gordon been involved. ? Playbook to tough to digest? 
we have not adjusted to the defenses we have seen all year and in super bowl last year. It’s that simple. Why? 
our defense is terrible but I wouldn’t have thought our offense would have showed up like this. 

This is repeated a lot here, as if every play is 4 go routes that take forever to develop.  Our receivers aren't getting open, plain and simple.  Hill doubled over the top, Kelce getting raped off the line, and the rest of our receivers are a collective group of dogshit.  I don't care how simple the offense is, or how much you dumb it down, if receivers can't get open, the play is going to drag on.  Poor offensive tackles combined with receivers not getting open is a bad, bad combination. 

8 minutes ago, Mr Ev said:

I know my history hasn’t been great on this site but I’m just trying to be part of the discussion.  

Dont take it personal. Some think their opinions are the only thing that counts. You are correct. This is a discussion board. I may not agree with every opinion but respect each individuals points.

33 minutes ago, Mr Ev said:

I know my history hasn’t been great on this site but I’m just trying to be part of the discussion.  

You said that "2019 was a fluke at this point." Your words. Why would you be surprised at a negative reaction? Now you are playing this "whoa is me" card.

That's not trying to be part of a discussion. That's just throwing out nonsense. Getting angry is one thing. Getting stupid is another. 

2 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

This team wins maybe 2 to 4 more games. Giants and Steelers are opportunities. Broncos should be wins. Everyone else is a loss. I frankly hope the Giants embarrass these jackasses on Monday and no one airs them nationally again this year.

Care to take a gentleman's bet? No idea for what, but they get into the playoffs imo

39 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

You said that "2019 was a fluke at this point." Your words. Why would you be surprised at a negative reaction? Now you are playing this "whoa is me" card.

That's not trying to be part of a discussion. That's just throwing out nonsense. Getting angry is one thing. Getting stupid is another. 

Getting stupid is another?  Wow, name calling, very mature.  

You are right, now that I think about it, 2019 wasn’t a fluke.  They came back twice in the playoffs to win over Houston and Tennessee.  Then did it again in the super bowl.  I still think we got lucky with the Ravens losing to Tennessee.  We did make it back again last year so there’s that too.  The Chiefs have been up until this game offensively sound comparatively to the rest of the nfl but their defense was ranked towards the bottom, historically bad.  We haven’t beaten anyone aside from the Browns, also comeback fashion, who’s worthy of jack though.  The fact that we have been blown out by both the Bills and the Titans just tells me that we are looking at 8-9 at best.

Just now, Mr Ev said:

Getting stupid is another?  Wow, name calling, very mature.  

You are right, now that I think about it, 2019 wasn’t a fluke.  They came back twice in the playoffs to win over Houston and Tennessee.  Then did it again in the super bowl.  I still think we got lucky with the Ravens losing to Tennessee.  We did make it back again last year so there’s that too.  The Chiefs have been up until this game offensively sound comparatively to the rest of the nfl but their defense was ranked towards the bottom, historically bad.  We haven’t beaten anyone aside from the Browns, also comeback fashion, who’s worthy of jack though.  The fact that we have been blown out by both the Bills and the Titans just tells me that we are looking at 8-9 at best.

I didnt say you were stupid. That statement you made was stupid. 

2 hours ago, artsy said:

The best player in the league is not playing like it. Neither, is our so called HOF coach. If this was one isolated event/loss, I would agree with you. But we've been watching this shit show for 7 games now. 

Are supposed to be happy? Are we supposed to discredit what our eyes are looking at? 

The defense lacks talent, the offense is off, the playcalling is bad and Mahomes has played like shit. Multiple TO's, holding the ball waaay too long, even tho he knows teams are taking the deep ball away, and not utilizing his pocket when it is there. 

There is whole host of issues with this team, and they keep showing up every game.

Do you think then the best player in the league is going to do this all season? Do you think we face the schedule we have so far all season? Reid since his first season, which you could understand was below .500 in 1999, has a total of 5 losing seasons. There is just to much talent and the schedule becoming easier not to see more wins.

11 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

He thinks we have just 4 more wins this season. I think not.  Easy enough bet.

I’d not bet on 4 wins since injuries and other things can make future games easier. But 6 teams only have 2 losses in the AFC. I’d definitely bet they don’t make the playoffs.

16 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

I’d not bet on 4 wins since injuries and other things can make future games easier. But 6 teams only have 2 losses in the AFC. I’d definitely bet they don’t make the playoffs.

I was going off your original comment that we win 2 to 4 games at most.  Now I see this post,  so I guess since other things can happen per you, are you pumping that number up to what? We have 10 games left. So I take it now it is more than 4 wins in your mind. Breaking it down, my opinion below, what do you see as wins the rest of the way?

I can see us getting wins against Raiders, Broncos. Even if we split in one of them it is 3 wins. We beat Giants. That is 4.

I think we can beat chargers, in fact, 2 of our losses to Chargers and Ravens we gave away imo, but still losses none the less.

So 4 wins there so far. 6 more games. Chargers we can make it 5 wins which I believe we win. You stated Pittsburgh as a win. 6 wins and even if we can't pull off another win against Dallas, GB or Cincy, we would have still have 9 wins possibly. I am just spit balling here.

We could easily sweep LV and Denver which above I said 3 wins but make it 4 now. Cincy may have played its best ball and we can still take them etc.

Those other 6 teams still have to play each other in some cases and harder schedules etc. Not impossible to think we can make the playoffs still. TB was in fact 7-5 last year at one point.

12 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

I was going off your original comment that we win 2 to 4 games at most.  Now I see this post,  so I guess since other things can happen per you, are you pumping that number up to what? We have 10 games left. So I take it now it is more than 4 wins in your mind. Breaking it down, my opinion below, what do you see as wins the rest of the way?

I can see us getting wins against Raiders, Broncos. Even if we split in one of them it is 3 wins. We beat Giants. That is 4.

I think we can beat chargers, in fact, 2 of our losses to Chargers and Ravens we gave away imo, but still losses none the less.

So 4 wins there so far. 6 more games. Chargers we can make it 5 wins which I believe we win. You stated Pittsburgh as a win. 6 wins and even if we can't pull off another win against Dallas, GB or Cincy, we would have still have 9 wins possibly. I am just spit balling here.

We could easily sweep LV and Denver which above I said 3 wins but make it 4 now. Cincy may have played its best ball and we can still take them etc.

Those other 6 teams still have to play each other in some cases and harder schedules etc. Not impossible to think we can make the playoffs still. TB was in fact 7-5 last year at one point.

Ahh, I love the optimism!

Well, I hope they do what you said but so far it's not looking good for the ole home team. 

I guessing 4 more wins max.....Unless Reid and Mahomes get on the same page.

Just now, artsy said:

Ahh, I love the optimism!

Well, I hope they do what you said but so far it's not looking good for the ole home team. 

I guessing 4 more wins max.....Unless Reid and Mahomes get on the same page.

I have seen us start 1-5 and win 10 straight then after that you have too. Point is, I would be interested in what you think will be our 4 wins max? Optimism by me, but really just tired of seeing all this we suck again post and we won't win any more, gonfor the higher pick in the draft, after people are tearing into Veach about his draft etc. It is a never ending cycle lately. 

11 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Chiefs could beat Giants, Steelers, and Broncos twice. Those are the four as of today. I think they get toasted by Chargers, Raiders are playing well and will crush the defense. Dallas, Green Bay, Bengals are all loses. It is really just a question if they beat Raiders. They could lose to the Steelers though, since a statue like Roethlisberger will have all day to throw and actually look good one last time before he retires. I don’t see double digit wins at all.

3 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

Chiefs could beat Giants, Steelers, and Broncos twice. Those are the four as of today. I think they get toasted by Chargers, Raiders are playing well and will crush the defense. Dallas, Green Bay, Bengals are all loses. It is really just a question if they beat Raiders. They could lose to the Steelers though, since a statue like Roethlisberger will have all day to throw and actually look good one last time before he retires. I don’t see double digit wins at all.

Man, to be swept by the Raiders..... I just can't see it. Sorry, but weirder things have happened.

6 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

Lol..Thanks Goatee. Those were my 4 wins also. 

I think we all know the Chiefs can play better...And 2 wks ago we were saying that, right? Thinking the offense was just out of sync and the TOs were more an anomaly than the norm. 

Well, we've been seeing the defense getting gashed every week and now the offense is joining in.  Can they fix it? Yes! 

Will they? 

My thoughts on all this. Mahomes took the league by storm. Defenses were struggling to contain him. But since the league is copy cat, defenses used the SB blowout as a template. Now that defenses have figured out how to play Mahomes, our offensive "minds" haven't figured out how to counter and game plans are horrible. The O Line is getting worse. The defense is a disaster and getting worse by the week. Spags has to be held accountable for game plans and scheme. He dials up a blitz because we can't get ANY pressure with 4 and opposing offenses know what's coming and throw right at the blitzer's vacated spot for big gains.  Spags is outdated and Veach's defensive talent evaluation is abysmal. Our receivers get little separation while our opponents are running free all over the the place. In short, Mahomes is generational type talent but when the smoke settles, he's surrounded by garbage. That said, I'm extremely thankful for the SB championship after all those years! I know how to handle these times it's just a shame to waste Patrick.