Chiefs vs. Titans GameDay Thread

20 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

My thoughts on all this. Mahomes took the league by storm. Defenses were struggling to contain him. But since the league is copy cat, defenses used the SB blowout as a template. Now that defenses have figured out how to play Mahomes, our offensive "minds" haven't figured out how to counter and game plans are horrible. The O Line is getting worse. The defense is a disaster and getting worse by the week. Spags has to be held accountable for game plans and scheme. He dials up a blitz because we can't get ANY pressure with 4 and opposing offenses know what's coming and throw right at the blitzer's vacated spot for big gains.  Spags is outdated and Veach's defensive talent evaluation is abysmal. Our receivers get little separation while our opponents are running free all over the the place. In short, Mahomes is generational type talent but when the smoke settles, he's surrounded by garbage. That said, I'm extremely thankful for the SB championship after all those years! I know how to handle these times it's just a shame to waste Patrick.

I have hope they will figure it out. It may not be this season, but I think it will happen.

I remember Mahomes fist year, he was shredding defenses but, it was one game that I realized he was the real deal. I don't remember the game, but the Chiefs were struggling, and he was playing within the scheme and still making good decisions. 

The Chief are just going to have to adjust to whatever teams are doing. The thing is, the teams that have beat them Chiefs badly, are teams that they've beat or embarrassed before. These teams have studied him and the Chiefs, and are game planning well. 

Logically, I have to believe that the Chiefs are learning things also. It's humbling, but I think they can do it and overcome it. 

This just may not be the year. They are pressing too much, and desperately trying to make things happen. I know they're learning something, because of the way they played run defense in this game, but it's not enough right now. They can't seem to play good run defense, without still giving up big plays in the secondary. The Titans really had them in this game, especially early. 

1 hour ago, qnet said:

I have hope they will figure it out. It may not be this season, but I think it will happen.

I remember Mahomes fist year, he was shredding defenses but, it was one game that I realized he was the real deal. I don't remember the game, but the Chiefs were struggling, and he was playing within the scheme and still making good decisions. 

The Chief are just going to have to adjust to whatever teams are doing. The thing is, the teams that have beat them Chiefs badly, are teams that they've beat or embarrassed before. These teams have studied him and the Chiefs, and are game planning well. 

Logically, I have to believe that the Chiefs are learning things also. It's humbling, but I think they can do it and overcome it. 

This just may not be the year. They are pressing too much, and desperately trying to make things happen. I know they're learning something, because of the way they played run defense in this game, but it's not enough right now. They can't seem to play good run defense, without still giving up big plays in the secondary. The Titans really had them in this game, especially early. 

Yea. They are forcing everything.

Andy always takes the blame for losses. In this case he deserves it 100%. The Titans were coming off a short week and were pretty banged up. Several key starters didn't play for them. And they absolutely smoked the Chiefs in every phase of the game. We couldn't score 1 TD against the 24th ranked defense? Shameful , embarrassing....and Clark Hunt needs to tell Veach and Reid it is unacceptable. Except he won't.

Shotgun to 3-5 step drops make it almost impossible for the tackles to block.   This is on Reid and Mahomes.  One of the sacks Brown got burned on Mahomes had a perfectly good pocket to step into and a release on the left side vacated by that DE. I hate to say it but Mahomes isn’t the best player in the league right now….might not be even close.    He can be, but he is being restricted from doing what he loves and he is refusing to make teams pay.  The longer this goes on the more he will see of this.   

Check out Mitch Schwartz, he is telling anyone who will listen on Twitter that those losses around the arc aren’t the tackles fault.    I hate to admit it but he’s right.   Mahomes holds the ball too long, refuses to hit his safety valve and when by chance he does check down to it he short hops half of the throws, and drops extremely far back which makes it impossible to block for him.

We heard the talk about getting better we need to see it now.   Dinking and dunking with this offense can be deadly.   Kelce took a dink to the house, Hill ans Hardman can too.  Time for Andy and Mahomes to stop being stubborn and quit thinking they are good enough to beat every coverage with the same plays.   Time to commit to the run under center and quit trying these delayed draws.   Run the ball, dink and dunk, eliminate turnovers and dominate!    

1 hour ago, dhitter said:

Andy always takes the blame for losses. In this case he deserves it 100%. The Titans were coming off a short week and were pretty banged up. Several key starters didn't play for them. And they absolutely smoked the Chiefs in every phase of the game. We couldn't score 1 TD against the 24th ranked defense? Shameful , embarrassing....and Clark Hunt needs to tell Veach and Reid it is unacceptable. Except he won't.

We’ve gone up against banged up Oline a all year and not sniffed the qb unless we blitz.   Spags won’t blitz until we are down and then only in the 2nd half.   The O can’t take advantage of that D yesterday was embarrassing and unacceptable like you said.  I’m gonna say it,  Mahomes isn’t anywhere close to the player in the league right now…..not even close.

1 hour ago, dhitter said:

only so much one can do mid season but I still think Hunt is very different than Dad and will demand changes

Time for Andy and Mahomes to stop being stubborn and quit thinking they are good enough to beat every coverage with the same plays.   Time to commit to the run under center and quit trying these delayed draws.   Run the ball, dink and dunk, eliminate turnovers and dominate!    

if this coaching staff will not change things up like you said, then the choice will be simple.

You are Fired!!!!!

Prior to Ben Niemann getting a sack, the broadcast said we were last in the NFL in sacks with 7. We have the highest paid defensive line in the NFL. 

Beating this two deep safety defense is simple. Run the ball. Andy needs to stop playing Madden shotgun and get Mahomes under center. To me it is akin to the craptastic pistol offense they tried to run with Alex Smith. Getting him under center more helped.

13 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

Prior to Ben Niemann getting a sack, the broadcast said we were last in the NFL in sacks with 7. We have the highest paid defensive line in the NFL. 

Beating this two deep safety defense is simple. Run the ball. Andy needs to stop playing Madden shotgun and get Mahomes under center. To me it is akin to the craptastic pistol offense they tried to run with Alex Smith. Getting him under center more helped.

True, but I do believe they would've tried to run the ball a little more had they not got so far behind..

Running the ball and quick hitting passes will pull the defenses out of the 2 Deep safety shit. But you have to make the defense change, and we're not doing it.

12 minutes ago, Calichief said:

He needs to step up in the pocket. The tackles are driving them right around the pocket.

Mahomes needs to check down and he’s not. 

Mahomes was a big part of the problem yesterday 

Oh yea, exactly. What's frustrating is Pat knows what he's doing wrong, but he's not changing it. He says it in every press conference, that he needs to stop pressing, take what the def gives him and that he needs to manipulate the pocket better. EVERY DAMN PRESS CONFERNCE. 

But he's not doing it.

30 minutes ago, artsy said:

Oh yea, exactly. What's frustrating is Pat knows what he's doing wrong, but he's not changing it. He says it in every press conference, that he needs to stop pressing, take what the def gives him and that he needs to manipulate the pocket better. EVERY DAMN PRESS CONFERNCE. 

But he's not doing it.

Is it Andy Reid or Mahomes? We used to wonder whether it was Alex Smith or Reid...

50 minutes ago, Calichief said:

He needs to step up in the pocket. The tackles are driving them right around the pocket.

Mahomes needs to check down and he’s not. 

Mahomes was a big part of the problem yesterday 

There were many times yesterday I thought ok he’s held the ball for a good 3 secs, the rb is wide open in the flat.  He runs and get sacked.

50 minutes ago, artsy said:

But he's not doing it.

Sounds like press conference advice from Reid.