Lots of Competition at WR in camp

wow...where to start. I agree with Mongo in so much as the Chiefs as a franchise have been one of the worst NFL teams over the past 40 years. With the exception of the Marty years....bad coaching hires, bad draft picks, bad contracts, bad strategies all resulting in what we have had to enjoy on the field. No playoff wins since 93. Chiefs have set a record for most straight playoff losses haven't they? Not a single QB we have drafted has won a game for the Chiefs since Blackledge and he will go down as one of the Chiefs' biggest busts. Chiefs have never won back to back division titles...Chargers, Broncos Raiders have done it multiple times. We have talented players but I am under no illusion that the Chiefs are anywhere near Super Bowl quality. They could get there but 40+ years makes it hard to believe for more than a decent season and possible shot at a wildcard.

Now that having been said...I am always excited for a new season. Last year was an enjoyable ride and I am looking forward to seeing guys step up this year. Fisher, Kelce, Abdullah, Cooper, Bailey, Davis, Thomas, Ford....a lot to look forward to. Chiefs might contend for a wild card or they might fall back some due to FA losses and a tough schedule. Either way...I will watch every snap of every game and hope that this team is moving in the right direction.

The insanity we share of being fans.  The truth is if we lose to Cincy in our first game I will be upset even though its preseaon.  We need to have Strams attitude going into preseason and kick the crap out of everybody every game.

The insanity we share of being fans.  The truth is if we lose to Cincy in our first game I will be upset even though its preseaon.  We need to have Strams attitude going into preseason and kick the crap out of everybody every game.

It seems great coaches like Stram demand to win in the preseason.  Bill Parcells was that way.  As was Bill Walsh, I believe.

In the NFLN documentary on the AFL they highlight a preseason game with the Chiefs.  I think it was prior to the 1967 season after losing the Super Bowl.  The Chiefs absolutely destroyed the Bears (?) to prove a point.

That series is a must watch for any fan of the NFL and its history.  Very well done and colorized perfectly.

We could say that, but, it would be hard for any of us to know if that is the case. At least without being directly involved with NFL training camps, player conditioning, etc.    

I remember Joe Montana could pull a hammy taking the snap.  These are young men.  The NFL and NFLPA have gone out of their way to limit the off season activity.  I wonder if this is a by-product of it.  I wonder if other teams are seeing this.

It seems great coaches like Stram demand to win in the preseason.  Bill Parcells was that way.  As was Bill Walsh, I believe.

In the NFLN documentary on the AFL they highlight a preseason game with the Chiefs.  I think it was prior to the 1967 season after losing the Super Bowl.  The Chiefs absolutely destroyed the Bears (?) to prove a point.

That series is a must watch for any fan of the NFL and its history.  Very well done and colorized perfectly.  KC 66 Chi 24

I was in college and was at that game.  Home debut for Glocester Richardson and Jan Stenerud

I remember Joe Montana could pull a hammy taking the snap. These are young men. The NFL and NFLPA have gone out of their way to limit the off season activity. I wonder if this is a by-product of it. I wonder if other teams are seeing this.

yeah i've heard several players say the same and i agree.

But it would he a hell of a task to try and compair the 32 teams injuries, camps, and conditioning. Im sure they are all pretty similar. But way too many variables for my energy level.

I remember Joe Montana could pull a hammy taking the snap. These are young men. The NFL and NFLPA have gone out of their way to limit the off season activity. I wonder if this is a by-product of it. I wonder if other teams are seeing this.

yeah i've heard several players say the same and i agree.

But it would he a hell of a task to try and compair the 32 teams injuries, camps, and conditioning. Im sure they are all pretty similar. But way too many variables for my energy level.

I agree 100%...

• 2 weeks later...

I would say realism is not a bad thing.   It doesn't make one a fan or not a fan.   We get plenty of sunshine shoved up our ass by kcchiefs.com

If you guys don't remember,  the KC Star without Whitlock has been a shill for the Chiefs.   It doesn't make anyone here less of a fan because they take a different approach.    The fact is,   we are all pretty loyal fans in our own way,  just having the stubbornness to still follow this hapless team.  

Every year its the same for wilkie....and apparently mongo as well.....hope for the best but expect the worst.   The optimal word is hope.  

Wonder when the fire Reid and fire Dorsey threads will start.

Wonder when the fire Reid and fire Dorsey threads will start.

Lots of factors should weigh into that one.  The damn salary cap push was/is quite a hurdle at this point.  But I say they should get at minimum of 4 years.

And wilkie,

Is this some of that smoke you are talking about?

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Chiefs-Finally-Building-up-Depth-at-Wide-Receiver/400f67fa-37c7-4acd-8318-b0b74a3f8251

As much as I didn't want Reid, I would not call for his firing, unless the team looks totally inept (0-3 wins).  Reid is better than that.  It won't happen.  I think mediocrity is to be expected.  

Dorsey has done a fair job as he can given the cap restrictions.  Last year's draft looks like a bust.  I have high hopes for this one.  I like several of the picks.  Time will tell.

The two inherited a talented, but under-performing team.  Yet, it is was one in transition.  This team is not theirs yet.  Next offseason will be the key.  This gives them a 3 year pass.  

If the Chiefs aren't relevant by 2016, then you have to make changes.   

Lots of factors should weigh into that one.  The damn salary cap push was/is quite a hurdle at this point.  But I say they should get at minimum of 4 years.

And wilkie,

Is this some of that smoke you are talking about?

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Chiefs-Finally-Building-up-Depth-at-Wide-Receiver/400f67fa-37c7-4acd-8318-b0b74a3f8251

Been a lawyer for 40 years and I can recognizw bullshit when I read it. This qualifies.

I'm pulling for Georgia State's Wilson. He's the first guy to come out of there that has a chance to do something. The program isn't even five years old. They are so bad that you can get a season ticket for $70 and it includes a season pass to the Zoo.

Archived