I understand Andy is a great offensive mind......

but I see Zach Ertz go from Philly to Arizona and immediately be used and score a 50 yard TD.   WR's for this team take 2-3 years to learn the playbook???????   Maybe simpler is better.   Get your best dudes on the field on both sides and let them dictate the game for you.    Its like Andy has for so long schemed lesser players into being good that now he has studs we handcuff them in those schemes and if Teams can figure out the schemes our most talented players are prisoners too it.  Josh Gordon should be seeing the field and making contributions when the wr's infront of him are jags.   I know people are bragging about Pringle but that play at the end of the game doesn't mean anything in comparison to the tip ball of both of his hands right in front of him in crunch time.  By that same logic Henne should be playing more because he moved us down the field in garbage time.   Simplify this crap on both sides and let the big dogs eat.   If your front 4 can get pressure send pressure and let the chips fall were they may.   If the O is being bottled up slant the living crap out of teams until they have to come up to help.  No one in the league can stop Hill on short 4-5 yard slants out of the slot.   Frustrating having to watch JAGS on both sides of the ball get a majority of snaps because they know the playbook but can't execute it well enough to be any sort of positive on the field.   

3 minutes ago, Calichief said:

He needs to run the ball. It’s the strength of the line. Then pass. He’s still running the same stuff. It’s all very predictable 

This has the feeling of a team that thinks they are so much better than others that it is beneath them to adjust their game plan to the defenses.   That stubborness might cost them this season.   We have been humbled and humbled by other teams and yet we haven't acknowledged the need to adapt.  Yes, we have given lip service to the idea but we haven't bought in and therefore this team hasn't bought in and looks lethargic.  Mahomes is amazing but if he doesn't mature and learn to take what he's given he won't ever reach the heights he desires.  

Just now, Lamardirts said:

This has the feeling of a team that thinks they are so much better than others that it is beneath them to adjust their game plan to the defenses.   That stubborness might cost them this season.   We have been humbled and humbled by other teams and yet we haven't acknowledged the need to adapt.  Yes, we have given lip service to the idea but we haven't bought in and therefore this team hasn't bought in and looks lethargic.  Mahomes is amazing but if he doesn't mature and learn to take what he's given he won't ever reach the heights he desires.  

They haven’t changed a single thing since the super bowl. They haven’t learned a damn thing. 

4 minutes ago, Calichief said:

They haven’t changed a single thing since the super bowl. They haven’t learned a damn thing. 

You arent wrong. I dont think that Reid has lost this team. That's not the way to characterize this. I don't see a lot of infighting, arguing, frustration with coaches, etc.

But this team needs someone to absolutely tear into their asses and be willing to bench anyone who doesn't buy in. And Reid just isn't that guy. He is so loyal and trust his players and coaches so much that he truly believes this is gonna start clicking. 

But the league is ever evolving and has caught up to us. We have to start playing football like we are underdogs again. Players, coaches, everyone...they need to do their jobs with urgency. This level of play isn't acceptable. Everyone needs to step up. 

I think when all is said and done, Reid is still the same showing the same patterns that frustrated the hell out of us with play calling during the Smith years. Only difference is Pat hasn't been able to make up for Reid weaknesses this year.  

Not sure what it will take and if anything can overcome what we are seeing this year.

I do think spags should be fired tomorrow. Nobody should go into practice and feel their job is safe anymore, coaches or players. 

1 hour ago, Biggjliv4 said:

I think when all is said and done, Reid is still the same showing the same patterns that frustrated the hell out of us with play calling during the Smith years. Only difference is Pat hasn't been able to make up for Reid weaknesses this year.  

Not sure what it will take and if anything can overcome what we are seeing this year.

I do think spags should be fired tomorrow. Nobody should go into practice and feel their job is safe anymore, coaches or players. 

100 % agree, who would replace him?  

10 minutes ago, NCK Chiefs Fan said:

100 % agree, who would replace him?  

They won't do it, but if they did my guess would be one of our defensive position coaches. Merritt and Daly have the most NFL experience. Daly's group is a fucking abomination though, so do we really want him calling plays on defense? 

9 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

They won't do it, but if they did my guess would be one of our defensive position coaches. Merritt and Daly have the most NFL experience. Daly's group is a fucking abomination though, so do we really want him calling plays on defense? 

10 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I know they won't do it, but one can hope.  The Chiefs have been my team since they were the Dallas Texans before they moved to KC, but I have NEVER seen a defensive as pitiful as it was today!!!

16 minutes ago, NCK Chiefs Fan said:

I know they won't do it, but one can hope.  The Chiefs have been my team since they were the Dallas Texans before they moved to KC, but I have NEVER seen a defensive as pitiful as it was today!!!

That's just not how Reid rolls. He wouldn't fire Sutton when it was obvious it was needed. He waited a year too long on that. He sure as hell won't fire Spags in season. And honestly I don't think he will in the offseason either. 

At this point, Reid needs to cut off all these long developing pass plays. Mahomes needs to walk the walk except saying "I need to do better" after each game. He is continuing to make the same mistake each week. I'd rather see 6-8yds a pop, get the ball into our receivers early and have them make a play. These short pass plays can turn into 10, 15, 20 yard plays with Tyreek and Mecole. Mahomes holding onto the ball 5sec plus is not helping our Oline. His deep drop backs, drifting backwards is not helping our tackles.....on top of that, not stepping up into pocket. DE's are just rushing 10yds upfield like they know he won't step up. If he does, it's a jittery mess

No run game, hence no play action. No slants whatsoever, I don't know why we have all these speedy WRs that are supposed to be built exactly for that. Seem to always be looking for the deep ball with no real fail-safe. Reid sure doesn't have his head in the game and has been messing things up quite often ever since his idiot son got the spotlight. We need a decent OC who'll take the load off from Reid and let him actually manage the team rather than play Madden with the offense. 

Some of the offensive woes if not most fall on the players tipped balls fumbles and ints.  Calling different plays won't help that.  How many drives did those TOs kill..  Something is off mentally with these guys.  Patrick has more ints already than he did all of last year and the season isn't half way over.  Some of those arent his to take with the tipped balls but take those away still more than last year.   This season seems more like a grind to them than it is fun like they are just going thru the motions.   You don't see the same fire and intesity from Pat as much or anybody else on offense for that matter. 

For 3 years they have been the hunted and played more football than any other team in the league. Wonder if it hasn't caught up with them mentally.  Every team from the niners of the 80s to the cowboys of the 90s to pats of the 00s has their down years where they have to transition from their SB runs to their next run.   I think we've hit that down year or years and gonna have to retool things for another run.   

Oh and the defense just sucks that aint getting fixed unless they find a pass rush.  

1 hour ago, Okiechief1 said:

Some of the offensive woes if not most fall on the players tipped balls fumbles and ints.  Calling different plays won't help that.  How many drives did those TOs kill..  Something is off mentally with these guys.  Patrick has more ints already than he did all of last year and the season isn't half way over.  Some of those arent his to take with the tipped balls but take those away still more than last year.   This season seems more like a grind to them than it is fun like they are just going thru the motions.   You don't see the same fire and intesity from Pat as much or anybody else on offense for that matter. 

For 3 years they have been the hunted and played more football than any other team in the league. Wonder if it hasn't caught up with them mentally.  Every team from the niners of the 80s to the cowboys of the 90s to pats of the 00s has their down years where they have to transition from their SB runs to their next run.   I think we've hit that down year or years and gonna have to retool things for another run.   

Oh and the defense just sucks that aint getting fixed unless they find a pass rush.  

Teams are adapting to the limited routes and patterns the Chiefs run on passing downs. Because our tackles are so bad teams are realizing they can pressure with just four (and sometimes even 3) rushers. Dropping 7 or 8 means it takes forever for many of those patterns to unfold and, as I said, teams are catching up to those routes. Pat having to hang onto the ball longer waiting for things to open up leads to many of the mistakes we see. He is uncomfortable and frustrated so he is trying to do too much. Andy needs to mix it up.